10points 3.mq4 - page 72

demam_emas:
Thats a great idea,

Anyone can make the code for us?

Thx

I'm new here, but I can help you all to code improvements in this EA.

Can anybody tell me why nothing appears when i am backtesting 10point3 dinamic stop, but it shows the trade for 10 point 3.

Thanks.

Hi,

Very interesting thread.

Can someone tell me what is the logic behind 10Points3, Terminator, DLM experts? Im not a programmer. I know they double when theres a loss, but what conditions under do they open and close positions?

Thanks in advance.

How they work

FXBabe:
Hi,

Very interesting thread.

Can someone tell me what is the logic behind 10Points3, Terminator, DLM experts? Im not a programmer. I know they double when theres a loss, but what conditions under do they open and close positions?

Thanks in advance.

The three EAs that you mentioned were all created originally by the same author 10 points opens with MACD as does DLM but Terminator offers a choice of indicators. As you say they double up and close according to your settings.

Currently mtaboneweb is testing his new version of the 10points 3 Dynamic Stop which will offer different opening and closing options as well as a 1.6 progression also closing off unprofitable trades.

On page 18 on this thread tururo reworked the closing option for 10points3 (10points 3 Dynamic Stop) and that option will close off trades when they reach the next progression above your settings. MaxTrades6 will close off all opened trades if the next progression is reached.

For more detail go back through the thread and see the various explanations posted.

There is a new thread created by bluto discussing Goblin which is based on 10points 3 Dynamic Stop and you will find more information plus the EA there.

John

Hi, this is an idea based on my discussion on firebird on forex factory.

As we all realize, MACD only gives an excuse to have an entry for 10point3. The essence of 10point3 is martingale method. It works best in the sideway market. Mr.trader on forex factory proposed to use martingale method to improve firebird.

But I believe the hybrid of firebird and martingale method will be more of a boost for 10point3. Firebird tries to pick the bottom and top from the very first entry, and it can avoid the flaw of 10point3 buying at the top and selling at the bottom. It gives a much better chance for martingale to succeed.

So, what you guys think of the idea of borrowing firebird entry method to improve 10point3. I believe it will make 10point3 much better.

Closing the EA

Here is what I posted earlier after my testing was interrupted by the EA closing early.

#1 tests Maxtrades7 starting from .05 using only EURUSD & USDCHF.

Overnight #1 closed off trades for both pairs after a progression from .05 .1 .2 .4 .8 & 1.6 I understood that it should have made another progression.

#2 tests Maxtrades10 starting from .01 with all recommended pairs.

Overnight #2 closed off USDJPY after a progression from .01 .02 .04 .08 .16 .32 & .64 That certainly didn't allow for a MaxTrades10 progression. On the statement GBPUSD is also trading .64 who knows if it will close off if it reaches 15 pips loss.

Obviously I have failed to understand how this EA actually closes and I am very disappointed to see #2 in an unprofitable position but looking on the positive side this progression has come at a time when the EA is under review and hopefully those problems can be looked at.

Now I have found further information that advises me why these closures occurred.

extern int AccountProtection=1; // If one the account protection will be enabled, 0 is disabled

extern int OrderstoProtect=3; // This number subtracted from MaxTrades is the number of open orders to enable the account protection.

// Example: (MaxTrades=10) minus (OrderstoProtect=3)=7 orders need to be open before account protection is enabled.

as nezinu posted

if you want to use experts you must learn to code in mql4, otherwise stay away from all this!!!

I will have to learn at least the basics to avoid such mistakes in the future.

John

yeoeleven:
Here is what I posted earlier after my testing was interrupted by the EA closing early.

#1 tests Maxtrades7 starting from .05 using only EURUSD & USDCHF.

Overnight #1 closed off trades for both pairs after a progression from .05 .1 .2 .4 .8 & 1.6 I understood that it should have made another progression.

#2 tests Maxtrades10 starting from .01 with all recommended pairs.

Overnight #2 closed off USDJPY after a progression from .01 .02 .04 .08 .16 .32 & .64 That certainly didn't allow for a MaxTrades10 progression. On the statement GBPUSD is also trading .64 who knows if it will close off if it reaches 15 pips loss.

Obviously I have failed to understand how this EA actually closes and I am very disappointed to see #2 in an unprofitable position but looking on the positive side this progression has come at a time when the EA is under review and hopefully those problems can be looked at.

Now I have found further information that advises me why these closures occurred.

extern int AccountProtection=1; // If one the account protection will be enabled, 0 is disabled

extern int OrderstoProtect=3; // This number subtracted from MaxTrades is the number of open orders to enable the account protection.

// Example: (MaxTrades=10) minus (OrderstoProtect=3)=7 orders need to be open before account protection is enabled.

as nezinu posted

if you want to use experts you must learn to code in mql4, otherwise stay away from all this!!!

I will have to learn at least the basics to avoid such mistakes in the future.

John

can you explain how secure profit works? what does the EA do about account protection? Close all trades with loss?

abrs70:
can you explain how secure profit works? what does the EA do about account protection? Close all trades with loss?

I fully agree with yeoeleven - it is mandatory to learn coding / reading the code before you use such experimental EA's - that is the first account protection rule!!!

To your question: SecureProfit is the winning level (in pips) where the overall profit (over all open orders of this trade weighted by lotsize) must step above to close this trade in profit area. This happens only if there are more or equal orders open than (Maxtrades - OrdersToProtect).

F.e. with standard settings Maxtrades 10 and Orders to protect 3 -> close when more or equal than 7 orders are open and the total pips-profit over all opened orders is greater than SecureProfit 10.

In general: The martingale approach is a very profitable way to earn money, provided that you already have good money in the background (as margin). Regarding the equity curve it seems that this EA could only get positive results and a produces continously rizing account balance. That is correct 99% of the time.

But you can compare it with the red/black-strategy on roulette. The "invested" lot-size is continously increased in loss area until you get a significant profit over all open orders. That is the only but heavy negative point of all kind of these EA's. They produce an "unrealized" drawdown over the open time of a trade which must be covered by margin.

And the "zero" on roulette can be compared with "problems in opening orders on a real account in real time environment".

I am currently testing these martingale approaches in different characteristics. Thanks for this contributions here in the thread. I try to use less agressive settings to reduce the iverall risk of cascaded open losses. I used the settings on EURUSD: TakeProfit 49, Lotsize 0.1, MaxTrades 6, Pisp 17, SecureProfit 28, Orders to protect 3 delivered an account increase of about 550 € only forward trading eurusd during the last two weeks.

mibl

mibl:

To your question: SecureProfit is the winning level (in pips) where the overall profit (over all open orders of this trade weighted by lotsize) must step above to close this trade in profit area. This happens only if there are more or equal orders open than (Maxtrades - OrdersToProtect).

F.e. with standard settings Maxtrades 10 and Orders to protect 3 -> close when more or equal than 7 orders are open and the total pips-profit over all opened orders is greater than SecureProfit 10.

Hi mibl,

When the number of orders openned are less than (Maxtrades-OrdersToProtect). How does it close all the orders?

Say with standard setting, there are six orders opened, the market turns around in favour of this EA, is it true that all the orders are closed, when the sixth order' s pips-profit reaches TakeProfit value? Or, the total pips-profit over all opened orders reaches TakeProfit value?

By the way, do you use 10point3 or 10point3 dynamic stop?

Your help will be really appreciated.

teamfri,

I use Dynamic Stop version. As I understand and follow ....

... the closing of orders in this EA is based on TargetProfit, TrailingStop, InitialStop (if used).

In the beginning of the code a general rule is implemented, that all other open orders are closed if one single order for the symbol was closed shortly before.

This causes that whenever one order reaches the targetprofit or a given stop loss all open orders are closed immediateley. With standard settings there is no stop loss, so your account size determines the real stop loss .

The SecureProfit only works on account protection and when there are more orders than OrdersToProtect. It regulates the closing when total-profit-over-all-opened-orders-weigthed-by-lotsize steps over the SecureProfit-Size.

mibl

(any other follower should correct me if I have a wrong understanding, since the code is not documented very well)

Reason: