10points 3.mq4 - page 74

Safe settings

matrixebiz:
What page has the latest EA so I can try this?

What are the safest settings for this? If only want to make $20 a day?

How do I tell if the EA is active ok?

Thanks

The latest and only 10points 3 Dynamic Stop can be found on page 18 of this thread.

As far as safety is concerned that is different for each person's level of risk aversion.

If I wanted to make $20 per day I would use my settings as previously posted and monitor the results manually as soon as the Profit less Floating Profit equalled over $20 I would close off the EA and close the open trades.

The only chance that could go against you is that the EA immediately set off in the wrong direction so I would assess the direction manually and set the EA off in the expected direction making sure that there were no news announcements due in the short term. If you are unable to assess the direction I suggest that you use Goblin with the same settings.

We would be interested in seeing your detailed statements and expect that you would have many winning days.

John

yeoeleven:
The latest and only 10points 3 Dynamic Stop can be found on page 18 of this thread.

As far as safety is concerned that is different for each person's level of risk aversion.

If I wanted to make $20 per day I would use my settings as previously posted and monitor the results manually as soon as the Profit less Floating Profit equalled over $20 I would close off the EA and close the open trades.

The only chance that could go against you is that the EA immediately set off in the wrong direction so I would assess the direction manually and set the EA off in the expected direction making sure that there were no news announcements due in the short term. If you are unable to assess the direction I suggest that you use Goblin with the same settings.

We would be interested in seeing your detailed statements and expect that you would have many winning days.

John

Ok, I've been using Goblin all evening and no trades H1. The only option I have different is TP=15, what else do I need to change to get this working? I don't see these settings in Goblin;

EURUSDPipValue=10.00000000

GBPUSDPipValue=10.00000000

USDCHFPipValue=10.00000000

USDJPYPipValue=9.71500000

Thanks

interbank demo account

Just a little help please from the experts here

--------------

I am trading a demo acc $3000 with interbank for the last few days

going very well with 4 trades setting with micro lots 0.1

most trade in the last 24 hours max 12 could be 16

margins used approx 170/200 at the moment

free margins toward 3000

the real question is with a real account funded with $3000

it would be reasonable safe with the margin call and would the account run about the same on a real account it has been making a good profit

Arthur_1_:
i think your calculations are correct but not for maxtrades=10, ....

Yes Arthur_1_,

you are totally right. There is one step too much in the sheet - MaxTrades 10 produces in maximum 10 steps from entry of the first order.

This strategy (EA) is nice and effective if everything works as it should be. But I've tested it only in an demo-environment - forward test. Not on a real account under real conditions and other risks (f.e. what happens to the orders on a disconnection of the EA of the internet (f.e. if you do not use a Stoploss)...,

The disadvantage of this approach is the risk ratio, that we sometimes get in a high maximum risk up to 3.000$ to earn about 500$. (I did not regard the currency rate to let it easy).

In the attached summary, I've tried to show what happens, when a trade goes down to MaxTrades 10. If it go further we loose 3.000$ (on the given settings) if the trade recovers we gain about 500$.

mibl

Files:
fx_079.jpg  40 kb

Ok, what should the new setting be?

It did one trade this morning and nothing else. I have it setup on 4 currencies. How often should this trade?

Thanks

yeoeleven:

John

It doesn't seem to trade with your settings but does with the default one. What does your setting do differently?

Also, why is there no SL when the trades initiate?

Thanks

Forward testing.

Forward testing as per post #724

Still making profit.

John

Files:

different settings

matrixebiz:
It doesn't seem to trade with your settings but does with the default one. What does your setting do differently?

Also, why is there no SL when the trades initiate?

Thanks

As you can see from my detailed statements I have a stoploss nominated and each progression has a stoploss within a couple of pips from the first in the series of trades. There is a post from tururo on page 19 of this thread explaining how the Dynamic Stop works and I have reposted it here and on the Goblin thread several times over the past couple of weeks.

If you could post your settings and a detailed statement I may be able to detect where the difference is. Are you using Dynamic Stop from page 18? Which broker are you using? What is your start off unit? Can you post a screen shot? I know it is involved but without your imput it is hard to track down the differences.

John

Forward testing

Detailed statement updated for this week is attached.

Over $600 profit starting at .01 units not too shabby.

The worry is that it got up to .32 a couple of times but closed satisfactorily each time.

John

Files:

The worry is that it got up to .32 a couple of times but closed satisfactorily each time.

hello,

why not to modify :

MaxTrades=10 to MaxTrades=13 (or more) look at this line :

if (MaxTrades>12) { mylotsi=NormalizeDouble(mylotsi*1.5,1); }

else { mylotsi=NormalizeDouble(mylotsi*2,1); }

so, the increase of next level lotsize will be *1.5 instead of *2 :

0.01 / 0.02 / 0.03 / 0.05 / 0.08 / 0.12

instead of

0.01 / 0.02 / 0.04 / 0.08 / 0.16 / 0.32

less profitable, but less risky

Reason: