Help with 5 digit pricing - page 7

It should work without any changes (on a 5 digit broker, JPY crosses are always 3 decimal places, there is no difference in how 5 decimal paces and 3 decimal places are treated) If it does not work it is not because of 3 decimal paces in JPY but somewhere in the EA or in your choice of parameters

TomSG:
How can i change the attached EA so it works with my 3 digit broker on USDJPY? Currently it is set up for 5 digits.aver4stopostzigzag.mq4

Make EA work with 5 digit broker

Hi

I am trying to use the following EA with 5 digit broker but it will not trade on live account. When i do backtest it works fine. The broker uses GBPUSD- (notice the dash behind the name GBPUSD...

Any help greatly appreciated

anonym.to - free dereferer service

Many thanks

fxwealth:
Hi

I am trying to use the following EA with 5 digit broker but it will not trade on live account. When i do backtest it works fine. The broker uses GBPUSD- (notice the dash behind the name GBPUSD...

Any help greatly appreciated

anonym.to - free dereferer service

Many thanks

Now it should works.

http://www.crn.ugu.pl/plik/jpg/APSHedging.ex4

i am confused. can someone tell me how and why?

Hello Dear forumers,

I have recently started trading using EA and i am using a 5 digit broker. I know it is impossible to preset your tp or sl just a few points away from current price. However, i found out that my EA ( ea i got elsewhere) is trading with a few points of profit even though my parameters are set with 30points.

I understand it can only be done by closing the trade manually when you are a few points in profit, but how does a EA with preset parameters are able to do so?

jacktrader:
Hello Dear forumers,

I have recently started trading using EA and i am using a 5 digit broker. I know it is impossible to preset your tp or sl just a few points away from current price. However, i found out that my EA ( ea i got elsewhere) is trading with a few points of profit even though my parameters are set with 30points.

I understand it can only be done by closing the trade manually when you are a few points in profit, but how does a EA with preset parameters are able to do so?

First, it's not impossible to set your tp or sl just a few points away. If you are trading a pair that has a spread of a few points with min stop distance limit is 0, then your stop loss will be valid as long as it's larger than spread.

With a 5 digit pair such as EURUSD, if you want to set stop loss to 3 pips, it can be expressed as 3 pips or 30 points. Some EA is not coded to measure distance by pips, it could be points. You first need to know which is used to measure in the EA you are using. If it's points, you need to put 30, if it's pips, you need to put 3.

I personally think all EA should be coded to use pips universally regardless 4 or 5, 2 or 3 digits, but for some reason a lot of codes still use points so the user needs to be aware of this.

Easy

It uses a "hidden" stop loss and take profit. It means that it does not set those to any value (or sets some bogus values) and then, when the price reaches some level, it closes the order (the same way as if you would open and close an order manually without setting stop loss and/or take profit)

jacktrader:
Hello Dear forumers,

how to convert a EA from 4 digits to 5 digit ??

hello everybody;

i want to know if there is a possibility to change an EA from 4 digits to 5 digit ??

thanks

It has to be recoded for the permanent solution

There is no "easy" way that would automatically switch it from 4 digit to 5 digit mode or vice versa

The simplest solution is to multiply all inputs that are referring to pips by 10 when you enter them if you use a "4 digit application" on a 5 digit broker

TIMEFX:
hello everybody;

i want to know if there is a possibility to change an EA from 4 digits to 5 digit ??

thanks

mladen:
It has to be recoded for the permanent solution

There is no "easy" way that would automatically switch it from 4 digit to 5 digit mode or vice versa

The simplest solution is to multiply all inputs that are referring to pips by 10 when you enter them if you use a "4 digit application" on a 5 digit broker

i work with an escalping EA that close with gaining 1 pip if i multiply with 10 it becomes 10 pips and it dosen't work !!

Assuming that your broker is 5 digit broker (otherwise why would you ask for a change) then your EA already does the job of adjusting itself to 4 or 5 digit brokers and nothing does not have to be changed (if it was not so, it would scalp for 1 point not for 1 pip with the parameters you described)

The change I described must be done only if it was made originally for 4 digit brokers and it does not recognize a 5 digit broker

TIMEFX:
i work with an escalping EA that close with gaining 1 pip if i multiply with 10 it becomes 10 pips and it dosen't work !!
Reason: