10points 3.mq4 - page 410

newdigital:
10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA, M1 timeframe - read this post.

It is balance/equity for all trading pairs:

---------------

Some profit/loss in dollars from the beginning of trading since 08th of August:

AUDJPY: 47 dollars

EURCHF: 0

EURJPY: 391

EURUSD: 12

USDJPY: 0

USDJPY: 0.

====================

Some profit/loss in dollars for this week (in dollars):

USDJPY: 0.

===================

-10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA with settings for M1 timeframe, together with indicators is on this post.

Hi, newdigital,

Your results are better because you are selective which pairs to trade, right?

Thanks.

forexjim

I selected the pairs in the beginning last week (read some my previous posts).

So, I just opened the charts for AUDJPY, EURCHF, EURJPY, EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF M1 timeframe and attached EA to those charts on Sunday. That's all.

I think - you are using different setting from mine, and may be - you are not using fixed version of EA and indicators.

newdigital:
I selected the pairs in the beginning last week (read some my previous posts).

So, I just opened the charts for AUDJPY, EURCHF, EURJPY, EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF M1 timeframe and attached EA to those charts on Sunday. That's all.

I think - you are using different setting from mine, and may be - you are not using fixed version of EA and indicators.

Hi, newdigital,

You are right: my above result was based on #4027.

The result in this posting is based on the fixed version:

EA: from post #4090

Timeframe: M1

Preset: from post #4090 plus OsMatf=0, Cogtf1=0, Cogtf2=0.

Platform: IBFX mt4

Time period: demo (mini) 20110808-20110809

Still, the fixed verson does not allow me to backtest from 2000 to 2011. Could mrtools please chek why?

Thanks.

forexjim

10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA, M1 timeframe - read this post.

It is balance/equity for all trading pairs:

---------------

Some profit/loss in dollars from the beginning of trading since 08th of August:

USDCHF: 0.

====================

Some profit/loss in dollars for this week (in dollars):

USDCHF: 0.

===================

-10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA with settings for M1 timeframe, together with indicators is on this post.

Hi forexjim,

I do not know sorry.

I do not trust any backtesting especially backtesting of MTF EAs.

EA is working for me good for this pairs: AUDJPY, EURCHF, EURJPY, EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF.

I am suggesting to you to trade, not to backtest.

Because this EA is martingale and we are trading it on M1 timeframe and tt is most risky situation especially on volatile market on the recent time. So, if EA will survive for the long time for some pairs - it means that this EA is very very good.

===================

hello,

thank you for your great work here! i am testing this ea (actual version) in demo account and would like to know, what i have to do to get the trailing stop to work. i use the standard settings you provided with the "10pfixed.set" and the trailing stop is set to 20. do i have to set takeprofit to 0? and how exactly is this trailing stop working? at 20pips beyond break even the stop is set to break even and starts trailing?

I do not know sorry.

Is it stop loss by trailing stop, or take profit by trailing stop?

I think - it is stop loss moved by trailing stop.

But I looked inside the code of this EA - and seems - it is something different.

So, some coder should look at it as I am not a coder sorry.

snowyHH:
hello, thank you for your great work here! i am testing this ea (actual version) in demo account and would like to know, what i have to do to get the trailing stop to work. i use the standard settings you provided with the "10pfixed.set" and the trailing stop is set to 20. do i have to set takeprofit to 0? and how exactly is this trailing stop working? at 20pips beyond break even the stop is set to break even and starts trailing?

Mrtools can easily answer your questions when he has time.

newdigital:
Hi forexjim,

I do not know sorry.

I do not trust any backtesting especially backtesting of MTF EAs.

EA is working for me good for this pairs: AUDJPY, EURCHF, EURJPY, EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF.

I am suggesting to you to trade, not to backtest.

Because this EA is martingale and we are trading it on M1 timeframe and tt is most risky situation especially on volatile market on the recent time. So, if EA will survive for the long time for some pairs - it means that this EA is very very good.

===================

Hi, newdigital,

You stated, "I do not trust any backtesting especially backtesting of MTF EAs."

-I thought when I changed to OsMatf=0, Cogtf1=0, Cogtf2=0, I was no longer using the EA the MTF way, right?

You stated, "EA is working for me good for this pairs: AUDJPY, EURCHF, EURJPY, EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF. I am suggesting to you to trade, not to backtest."

-With this EA, can I see the worst when I demo test for 1 month? If yes, maybe we don't need to have backtest; if no, the fear will be there even with good demo results, agree?

You stated, "Because this EA is martingale and we are trading it on M1 timeframe and tt is most risky situation especially on volatile market on the recent time. So, if EA will survive for the long time for some pairs - it means that this EA is very very good."

-Precisely because of its martingale nature, even with M1 and current volatility, the ruin is still possible, right? like roulette and baccarat, no?

Thanks.

forexjim

You stated, "I do not trust any backtesting

especially backtesting of MTF EAs."

-I thought when I changed to OsMatf=0, Cogtf1=0, Cogtf2=0,

I was no longer using the EA the MTF way, right?

I do not know.

Because I am not programmer.

But I know it practically that backtesting can not be reliable in case of MTF EAs, EAs coded on high/low of the bar (non-MTF), EAs coded for open bar at least 1 indicator of it, EA using some levels of the indicators, and in case of using some indicators which are showing different value for different broker and so on (iTrend indicator for example) ... may be more.

There are as many exceptions so it is more easy to say "i do not trust backtesting results" than to investigate for the long time about all the coding lines inside EA.

Especially if I and you - we are not programmers.

But if some programmer will say that it is normal EA and backtesting can be trusted?

In this case - it may be the question: will we trust this programmer, or not if MrTools - yes, we can trust.

But if it is someone unknown so ... sorry.

This T3 indicator is using Highest/Lowest ... so I have no idea how it can be for backtesting for example. SMI is using high/low ...

If you do not agree with me so understand this my opinion as my personal one

You stated, "EA is working for me good for this pairs:

AUDJPY, EURCHF, EURJPY, EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF.

I am suggesting to you to trade, not to backtest."

-With this EA, can I see the worst when I demo test for 1 month?

If yes, maybe we don't need to have backtest; if no,

the fear will be there even with good demo results, agree?

yes, 1 month may be enough. I think - 2 weeks may be enough. Because we are trading martingale on M1 timeframe. Enough to understand what to improve.

You stated, "Because this EA is martingale and we are trading it on

M1 timeframe and tt is most risky situation especially on volatile market

on the recent time. So, if EA will survive for the long time for

some pairs - it means that this EA is very very good."

-Precisely because of its martingale nature, even with M1 and current volatility,

the ruin is still possible, right? like roulette and baccarat, no?

Martingale is something which will lose soon or later.

If H1 timeframe so it will be later. May be - next year ... who knows.

If M1 timeframe so it will be soon for many pairs, or for most of the pairs, other pairs - later

Not like roulette. We are using indicators. Means: it is trading system. We are using martingale instead of stop loss. In normal condition - if the trade came for 20 pips down - the trade should be closed with loss, right? But in our 10p martingale - this trade will not be closed with loss: the additional trade will be opened on same direction with more higher lot size.

So, martingale in our case is used instead of stop loss (20 pips if I remember).

This one in the settings of the EA:

Pips = 20

If I am not wrong - it is the distance in 4 digit pips between martingale orders. In reality (for normal EA - it is just a stop loss 20 pips .... so instead of closing the trade - EA will open additional trade.

Just look at here - EA opened buy for EURCHF at 1.0362 but price went down to 1.0340 (22 pips) so EA opened the next trade at 1.0340 with lot size 0.02:

By the way - normal (original) timeframe for this EA (as for all 10points EAs) is H1.

Not M1.

Of course, by the results of our testing - this EA can be improved.

For ECN/stp broker to avoid any error#147 for example (this error number did you have when backtesting?).

Files:
eurchf_1008.jpg  30 kb
Reason: