10points 3.mq4 - page 415

Backtesting

Hi,

I am trying to do backtesting with this EA and don't get any result, it gets stuck... Am I setting up something wrong or missing something?

looks good for one day so far...

M1 Test

H1 Test

Dear all

i run expert(from ND post) but it doesn't open trade

do you know what ? i dont have any error

Dear snowyHH

can we have this test set file ?

here's my preset-file. but don't forget to change magic number for each pair you trade.

Files:

snowyHH:
here's my preset-file. but don't forget to change magic number for each pair you trade.

do you use any filter for trend direction and run sell only or buy only

or use ea in both side

shabane1:
do you use any filter for trend direction and run sell only or buy only or use ea in both side

i use the EA as posted by newdigital in post #4090 (https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174975/page273). indicators are included in the zip-file, you have to put them into your folder *\MetaTrader\experts\indicators\ i let the EA run as it is provided by newdigital. usually it should buy AND sell, but today are only sell trades.

newdigital:
I am trading AUDJPY, EURCHF, EURJPY, EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF on M1 timeframe.

As I see - it is big drawdown for USDCHF for now: about 1,100 dollars on open trades.

So, soon or later - we will know less risky pairs to use this EA for H1 timeframe.

I think - EURUSD will be risky too (same with USDCHF).

i am trading the same pairs (M1 & H1 on different demo-accounts), but didn't had such a huge drawdown. mine was about -50 eur. have lotsize 0.01, but max trades set to 5.

but the M1 sell-trade in USDCHF was good, just closed all trades with profit.

by the way: the H1-EA didn't trade the USDCHF short.

Yes, USDCHF was closed in good profit for now (same with you).

But you did not see dtawdown because it is floating drawdown on open trades (I am having indicator which is recording it).

Anyway - if someone will trade USDCHF on M1 so minim deposit should be more than 1,000 dollars.

I will record max floating drawdown and later on we will see about which pairs are less risky to trade (i am not talking about lossing for now as EA is trading very good; I am talking about max floating drawdown).

I am not trading on H1 for now so if you had some trades - post the statements please and some your comments. Because I am having the feeling that EA should be less risky for H1 compare with M1 ... but I am not using H1 for now sorry.

newdigital:
Yes, USDCHF was closed in good profit for now (same with you).

But you did not see dtawdown because it is floating drawdown on open trades (I am having indicator which is recording it).

Anyway - if someone will trade USDCHF on M1 so minim deposit should be more than 1,000 dollars.

I will record max floating drawdown and later on we will see about which pairs are less risky to trade (i am not talking about lossing for now as EA is trading very good; I am talking about max floating drawdown).

my floating drawdown wasn't so huge, i watched the trade almost all the time at the VPS. attached a screenshot of the trade. maybe its because i have maxtrades set to 5 (i did this because of small demo account and i want to minimize the risk)? and you had more trades, and also bigger lotsize?

your recording indicator sounds interesting, could you share it?

Files:
usdchf.gif  26 kb

newdigital:
I am not trading on H1 for now so if you had some trades - post the statements please and some your comments. Because I am having the feeling that EA should be less risky for H1 compare with M1 ... but I am not using H1 for now sorry.

attached the statement for H1 so far. i dind't analyze it so closely yet, so have no comments about it so far. but looks good.

Reason: