10points 3.mq4 - page 403

Thanks very much mrtools. Will try it out and see how it goes. Thanks again!

mrtools:
Here you go, while i was in there noticed it needed code for extra digit brokers, so did that and the Ecn broker mod. Should be ready to trade!

What did I do wrong?

I read post #1015 backtest result.

I used the same EA from post#1014 with same preset. I did the backtest with same balance, timeframe, time period (2006) on FXCM mt4 platform.

But the result was the opposite.

What did I do wrong?

Could you please advise?

Many thanks.

forexjim

forexjim:
I read post #1015 backtest result.

I used the same EA from post#1014 with same preset. I did the backtest with same balance, timeframe, time period (2006) on FXCM mt4 platform.

But the result was the opposite.

What did I do wrong?

Could you please advise?

Many thanks.

forexjim

Jim,

Your bars in test are not the same, and seriously deviated, the actual test result is like 1/5 accuracy. I am not too sure how that happened, but my experience strongly suggest that caused by using different broker's MT4 and or different version. Besides, if your money ran out during a backtest, that will stop the backtest prematurely, as a result your bars in test become less.

Another common error is, please read both backtest statement in detail, it could caused by the different of DIGITS. Those days when we working on 10point3, most retail brokers has only 4 digits on EURUSD, until recently fraction spreads are introduced. If you uses exact same setting as those days of TakeProfit 65, it obviously became 6.5pip on the new built 402 tester.

Hope this help and good luck,

Dave

p/s: strongly suggest you take all the take profit/initial stops/trailing stops(if any)/pip step and multiply them by 10. Besides, not sure whether CenterOfGravity/RMI/VHF is already modified to work with 5 digits broker.

multiply profit/initial stops/trailing stops(if any)/pip step by 10

Dave,

Many thanks for your advice.

Attached is the backtest with profit/initial stops/trailing stops(if any)/pip step multiplied by 10.

Still did not reduplicate the 1015 post backtest result.

What else could I have done wrong?

If the indicators are sensitive to 5-digit pricing, are there ways for me to change them?

Many thanks for advising.

forexjim

Repeated your result.

mrtools,

Thank you very much! Downloaded your EA, used your preset, repeated your result! Will play with different preset combinations and share results here.

Merci beaucoup!

forexjim

Is this for real?

Is this backtest from post#398 for real?

How can I change the attached EA so that it runs on 5-digit pricing so that I could repeat the backtest result?

Many thanks for your help.

Best,

forexjim

mrtools:
...And please remember back test is just to see if the Ea works or not, not usually the same when traded live.

Hi forexjim,

This post?

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174975/page27

Not real ... max lot size = 100 for 5,000 dollars deposit ...

Besides, backtesting can not be trusted generally ... and it was M30 timeframe with Modelling quality 33.15%.

Backtesting can be used to understand how EA works, and when EA will lose (and why) especially for martingale EAs.

Thank you for your warning.

Dear Newdigital,

I will remember backtest results do not mean much.

Even the exact EA with the exact setting will produce very different results depending on when I start bacttesting, 01/01/2000 or 01/01/2006. Why the difference?

Thank you for advice.

I wonder if there are not many new people (me included) have been mislead by backtesting into losing money.

forexjim

forexjim:
Dave,

Many thanks for your advice.

Attached is the backtest with profit/initial stops/trailing stops(if any)/pip step multiplied by 10.

Still did not reduplicate the 1015 post backtest result.

What else could I have done wrong?

If the indicators are sensitive to 5-digit pricing, are there ways for me to change them?

Many thanks for advising.

forexjim

Forexjim,

Might try this version added auto extra digit calculation, and redid all the indicators(should be no more repaint), except the Rmi, seems the Smi for me giving better results, there isn't any presets but you can get them off my statement, found best back testing results on hourly and not using the indicators in a multi timeframe way.

ps) forgot to mention using OsMa instead of Macd. And please remember back test is just to see if the Ea works or not, not usually the same when traded live.

Files:

In demo or live accounts, kept saying "cannot open T3 Vhf.ex4, Ehlers Center of Gravi

mrtools:
Forexjim,

Might try this version added auto extra digit calculation, and redid all the indicators(should be no more repaint), except the Rmi, seems the Smi for me giving better results, there isn't any presets but you can get them off my statement, found best back testing results on hourly and not using the indicators in a multi timeframe way.

ps) forgot to mention using OsMa instead of Macd. And please remember back test is just to see if the Ea works or not, not usually the same when traded live.

Hi, mrtools,

Your package in post 4027 works on backtest, but in demo or live accounts, kept saying "cannot open T3 Vhf.ex4, Ehlers Center of Gravity.ex4" and no positions open.

Please help.

Many thanks.

forexjim

Reason: