10points 3.mq4 - page 412

many thanks for improving the ea, great work! i will start it from sunday, too.

still some questions to newdigital:

- at the screenshots in your post #4105 i can see the version number 1.02, but attached in post #4090 is still v1.01. what about that difference?

- also i can see at the screenshot that the name of the traded pair is included in the name and version of ea. do you trade the pairs with different versions (settings) of the ea?

- somewhere you said that usually this ea is made for H1 timeframe but you provide it with M1 settings. i would like to test it simultaneously with H1 timeframe (less risky) for a comparison, which settings do i have to do? maybe you have a settings file for H1, too? would be great!

what did your ea do at the 2011-08-09, when the FED gave their statement? mine crashed a 1k demo account...

see here

thank you for your answers!

But may be you are right - we need to stop trading this EA on Friday for example.

yes, i am thinking about letting the EA trade only during "good times". after the EA runs for a couple of days or weeks, i will analyze the best times for trading with this EA.

i consider to:

- stop it on fridays

- stop it just before big news like the FED statement

- let it trade only during london session (anyway best time for me, so i can watch the VPS from time to time via remote desktop from my working place - i live in germany, have almost the same time zone like london)

- ... (more things to come)

i think this will minimize the risk.

i am very curious about next week with new version.

If it is martingale so stop trading in our case = close all open trades and not open new one.

So, it is better to stop trading on friday and let spread protection work for the other days/time.

or use timeframe is good idea.

i am very curious about next week with new version.

I will post the statements in dollars and in pips separated by pairs, and also - max floating drawdown for every pair. M1 timerframe is most risky case so if some pair will survive - so we can use this pair for H1.

oh when you talk about timeframes... i forgot a question:

how can i let the EA trade another timeframe than M1? just change the tf on the chart in metatrader, to which the EA is attached? or do i have to change some settings inside the EA?

and is it relevant, which chart-type i use (line, candle, bar,..)?

It is 2 images of the charts about how it is traded:

===================

-10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA with settings for M1 timeframe, together with indicators is on this post.

Files:
usdchf_1108.jpg  173 kb
eurchf_1108.jpg  174 kb

if you want to trade EA on M1 timeframe so attach it to M1 chart.

To H1 - to H1 chart.

what is diffenece?

You can see my metatrader:

You see that I added the name of the pair in the name of EA?

Because magic number in the settings should be difference for different pair/chart, and I want for it to be default for every EA attached to the chart.

So, I did the following:

By the way - 2 comments:

- changing the name of the EA is not fully legal: trader can do it inside his home computer for his personal use, but post renamed EA to the internet - it is not really good;

- it may be good to use different metatrader (different instances of metatrader) for m1 timeframe, andf next/additional one - for H1.

===================

-10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA with settings for M1 timeframe, together with indicators is on this post.

Files:
10p_5.jpg  160 kb
10p_1.jpg  226 kb
10p_2.jpg  24 kb
10p_3.jpg  18 kb
10p_4.jpg  24 kb

good idea to make different EA-files for different pairs/timeframes. so you dont have to change the magic# everytime you attach an EA to a chart (thats what i do right now). thanks for sharing this idea!

But please note that it is for 'home use only' as changing the name of EA is not good if in public.

i use the modified version only for me (on my VPS), i don't give it to someone else or publish it somewhere. if that is what you mean.

Dear all

Are there any idea for run this ea for trade only sell or only buy

a indicator or a strategy for find direction and then run in that direction

?

regards

Reason: