Fire EA: Can you create this EA? - page 8

:: forgot to say, the function "Time.xh.get" doesn't do anything, the default is 24, don't try to change it, it doesn't matter/doesn't make any difference.

:: Fire v3 is also a good news catcher!! You can do only a test with all Thursdays in a 6/12 months period, and adjust the BurnZone, this is really important to stay away of the critical support/resistant lines = high/low lines... the standard settings on IN10TION Fire v3: the BurnZone is on 50... if you do the test over, even by lowering the BurnZone by 25... you will get burned in your results = the chance of trend reverse is much higher.

:: Thursdays/Fridays are violent in price movements, don't put your TrailStops small, keep a balance between StopLoss & TakeProfits (TrailStop ), if you go too small with your TrailStops, you can't gain or restore a Stoploss hit quicker.

(all tests are from EURUSD)

... some thoughts ...

Great, I'm going to start testing it. Would it be possible to get a copy of version 2 with a trailing stop added to it? I would like to do some more testing with that one as well.

Thanks for the work!

:: you can do that with v3 also, for all the weekdays put BurnZone to 0 (zero) and the TrailStop will work like a normal Trail, like it would be in v2...
fireslayer26:
Great, I'm going to start testing it. Would it be possible to get a copy of version 2 with a trailing stop added to it? I would like to do some more testing with that one as well. Thanks for the work!

Great, thanks! If I wanted to view this on a 30M chart would I just need to change the "Time.xh.get" setting to 48?

When I was backtesting it, it wasnt hitting the 50 pip trailing stop I set for each day, its just hitting the stoploss setting. Do you know why this is?

:: don't use that function yet, will not do anything
fireslayer26:
Great, thanks! If I wanted to view this on a 30M chart would I just need to change the "Time.xh.get" setting to 48?

:: The trailing has for now a fixed setting that when the price moved double the trail, the trail will be active... so if you trail 50 the price has to be 100 above/below the BurnZone.

:: If I don't do it like this, there is no point in the word trailing, the space between price and trail will be too narrow to move, and will hit the trail to quick

:: so the distance for now is double, in some trailstops ATR is calculated, but trail is so random... we can think about that...

fireslayer26:
When I was backtesting it, it wasnt hitting the 50 pip trailing stop I set for each day, its just hitting the stoploss setting. Do you know why this is?

:: did somebody tried/test/misused this EA? It's a perfectly good idea/EA to build on!

(try standard settings only with EURUSD, other currency pairs are not tested)

me

yup i'm test it. jan 08 until now. i'll post tomorow

Reason: