10points 3.mq4 - page 406

newdigital:
I think - I finish experimanting with this EA:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174975/page269

It is the statement for few days (attached)

I will start forward test/trade it on separated copy of Metatrader (FXCM) with less risky pairs.

less risky pairs:

EURUSD

USDJPY

USDCHF (it was the best pair)

EURCHF

EURJPY

AUDJPY

Other apirs are not profitable or losing.

M1 timeframe.

Settings is attached (pre-sent file) - same settings for all the pairs but only magic number is different for every pair.

Hi, Newdigital,

Thank you for your contribution! Will concentragte on these 6 pairs only once I learn to get the EA to take positions in demo and live accounts.

Merci beaucoup.

forexjim

mrtools:
This version working now on IBFX and anyone using this Ea would recommend using this version, because was more inherited bugs were fixed.

Hi, Mrtools,

Many thanks!

Will test this version in backtest, demo and live.

Would you please advise the preset use for FXCM platform?

Merci beaucoup!

forexjim

Thanks a million, Mr Tools and Newdigital. I'm forward testing with IBFX demo on the 6 pairs as I type this. Forexjim, here are the presets I downloaded from Newdigital's earlier post if that's what you're lookinig for.

Files:
smi1a.set  1 kb

mrtools:
This version working now on IBFX and anyone using this Ea would recommend using this version, because was more inherited bugs were fixed. ps) RJo, just dawned on me IBFX is U.S. broker and Martingale type trading not allowed here anymore if my memory serves me right.If this Ea opens a second order on same currency pair think it will be automatically closed along with original order

Really? I'm aware of the U.S. no hedge rule which keeps me from buying and selling at the same time on the same pair, but I've never had a problem scaling into a pair in the past. I will know for sure when 2 trades open in demo. Thanks for the heads up.

RJo:
Just realized my lot size was being determined by the EA due to mm=true. Waiting for a trade to open on 6 pairs M1.

This version working now on IBFX and anyone using this Ea would recommend using this version, because was more inherited bugs were fixed.

ps) RJo, just dawned on me IBFX is U.S. broker and Martingale type trading not allowed here anymore if my memory serves me right.If this Ea opens a second order on same currency pair think it will be automatically closed along with original order

Files:

forexjim:
Hi, Mrtools,

Many thanks!

Will test this version in backtest, demo and live.

Would you please advise the preset use for FXCM platform?

Merci beaucoup!

forexjim

Would recomend Newdigital's settings from here, https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174975 post#4049.

About 10 point 3_smi1a the indicator T3 Vhf i was getting some divide by 0 errors on some pairs on others it worked fine also when i called the indicator i was using a price variable that wasn't in the indicator which caused problems this could have cause not able to get it to trade problem, so using a better version of Vhf now and removed the price reference and Ea seems to be better now. Also sorry for inconvience but whoever downloaded last version please download again, more of a cosmetic thing when ea opens trade was saying vq buy or sell changed it back to smi buy or sell. Posted it where the last version it is named the same.

mrtools:
This version working now on IBFX and anyone using this Ea would recommend using this version, because was more inherited bugs were fixed. ps) RJo, just dawned on me IBFX is U.S. broker and Martingale type trading not allowed here anymore if my memory serves me right.If this Ea opens a second order on same currency pair think it will be automatically closed along with original order

Hi, Mrtools,

Backtested this version on FXCM mt4 on EURUSD M1 default setting 2000-2011, with no positions opened.

What did I do wrong?

Thanks for advising.

forexjim

forexjim:
Hi, Mrtools,

Backtested this version on FXCM mt4 on EURUSD M1 default setting 2000-2011, with no positions opened.

What did I do wrong?

Thanks for advising.

forexjim

if expert advisors are enabled all your indicators in experts/indicator folder would say instead of starting back test with .01 lot size try changing it to .10 if that works means you probably don't have micro .01 account and wouldn't advise using this type of ea with starting lot size at .10 unless its very large account.

mrtools:
ps) RJo, just dawned on me IBFX is U.S. broker and Martingale type trading not allowed here anymore if my memory serves me right.If this Ea opens a second order on same currency pair think it will be automatically closed along with original order

Only if the lot size is the same.

ChicagoRob:
Only if the lot size is the same.

Thanks, then will increase lotincrease

Reason: