StepMAExpert_EAs - page 16

StepMAExpert_v1.42.

Money management

I don't really understand how it works here (I tried ver 1.42)

I set the risk to 0.15 but then I got a trade with 2.1 lots . It could burn

half of my demo account .

Anyone knows ?

Thanks.

jojo:

Anyone knows ?

Thanks.

My starting demo deposit size was 25,000.

And you know my settings. Risk is something with MM and lot size so reduce the risk.

How to know which risk size it is necessary to use for some particular deposit?

Backtest this EA with your starting deposit size with any modeling quality changing the risk and you will see the lotsize and you will be able to adjust it.

jojo:

Anyone knows ?

Thanks.

MM : From what i've learn from Igorad :

Original MM rules by L.Williams:

"... my money management formula: (account balance *risk percent) /largest loss = contracts or

shares to trade.

There are probably better and more sophisticated approaches, but for run-of-the-mill traders like us, not

blessed with a deep understanding of math, this is the best I know of. The beauty of it is that you can tailor it

to your risk/reward personality. If you are Tommy Timid, use 5 percent of your bank; should you think you

are Normal Norma, use 10 percent to 12 percent; if you are Leveraged Larry, use from 15 percent to 18

percent; and if you are Swashbuckling Sam or Dangerous Danielle, use in excess of 20 per cent of your

account ... and go to church regularly.

I have made millions of dollars with this approach. What more can I tell you-you have just been handed

the keys to the kingdom of speculative wealth."

You can find MaxLoss(or largest loss) in the Report after backtesting with Lots=1.

If you use StopLoss = 100 then for GBPUSD with Lots=1 largest loss is 1000USD. So you should use this value in MM formula. If you don't use StopLoss(StopLoss=0) then you can find largest loss during backtesting.

Hi NewDigital,

Could you tell me, please, if for each pair you use the standard settings as provided into you global zipped file where all EAs are ? (in EA File Thread).

Many thanks.

newdigital:
StepMAExpert_v1.42.

dswk:
Hi NewDigital,

Could you tell me, please, if for each pair you use the standard settings as provided into you global zipped file where all EAs are ? (in EA File Thread).

Many thanks.

It is on this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044

And it is here (EA and the settings):

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173375/page5

Don't forget about tracert file (it was posted somewhere - check files or links thread).

Hi. N.D.

I used IBFX then If I test EA StepMAExpert_v1.45, I need to change this following setting? I think IBFX is GMT 0.

SessionStart = 8; // Start Hour of Trade Session

SessionEnd = 24; // End Hour of Trade Session

Thank you.

Cha.

chawichsak:
Hi. N.D.

I used IBFX then If I test EA StepMAExpert_v1.45, I need to change this following setting? I think IBFX is GMT 0.

SessionStart = 8; // Start Hour of Trade Session

SessionEnd = 24; // End Hour of Trade Session

Thank you.

Cha.

I am not sure about IBFX but this time is for North Finance and Fibo Group (GMT+3). They was on GMT+2 but they changed the time to summer time and now is GMT+3. So, may be IBFX did the same, i don't know.

SessionStart and SessionEnd is time to open the order. All the open orders will be processed 24/7 but it will be open since 8 till 24. It is GMT+3.

For GMT time it may be 5 till 21.

his time is affecting on the open order time.

newdigital:
I am not sure about IBFX but this time is for North Finance and Fibo Group (GMT+3). They was on GMT+2 but they changed the time to summer time and now is GMT+3. So, may be IBFX did the same, i don't know.

SessionStart and SessionEnd is time to open the order. All the open orders will be processed 24/7 but it will be open since 8 till 24. It is GMT+3.

For GMT time it may be 5 till 21.

his time is affecting on the open order time.

Thank a lot N.D. and I will check my broker(IBFX).Then If IBFX is GMT+1 also I have to set open order time to 7:00 and close time 23:00 right?

Just to make sure

Cha.

chawichsak:
Thank a lot N.D. and I will check my broker(IBFX).Then If IBFX is GMT+1 also I have to set open order time to 7:00 and close time 23:00 right?

Just to make sure

Cha.

8-24 is for GMT+3. But I did not change this time for summer time. It is always 8-24 for me, irrespective of.

If IBFX is on GMT+1 so it may be 6-22.

Reason: