EA, Real account, backtesting

It's up to you.

As to me so I am using EA by trading (not backtesting) on demo for few weeks or for 3 months before using it live (on real account).

newdigital:

It's up to you.

As to me so I am using EA by trading (not backtesting) on demo for few weeks or for 3 months before using it live (on real account).

Thanks ! since the results from a quarter to another are very different, i'm backtesting on all history cuz i'd like to let it run on a vps

I am backtesting just to see how EA is working (lot size, MM etc). And I am optimizing with cloud to find good settings for the pairs. After that - I am attaching EA to the charts (demo account) to let it run with trading (just to see how it is traded).

After that - I am making the decision about to use this EA for trading live, or not.

newdigital:

I am backtesting just to see how EA is working (lot size, MM etc). And I am optimizing with cloud to find good settings for the pairs. After that - I am attaching EA to the charts (demo account) to let it run with trading (just to see how it is traded).

After that - I am making the decision about to use this EA for trading live, or not.

newdigital, with MT4 what can you use to optimize or backtesting without cloud? I mean, is there some quicker/eficient tool to do it in Mt4 like mt5? I'm using the tools that mt4 have, but I don't know if there is some way to do it like mt5.....let me know please!

Thank you 

MT4? No, I do not know .... May be you know that I do not like backtesting in general :)

============

I am backtesting for MT4 just for 2 purposes:

• to find good settings (in case the coder did not provide any settings, and if I can not re-model/change EA's system to manual system to trade it manually)
  • to see how EA works especially MM (Money Management - starting lot size etc).

if I understand the system and can trade it manually so I am not backtesting for MT4. Besides, I will never use any EA without any understanding about the system based, how it works and when I can lose the money with it (and how much).

As I know - some traders/coders are converting their EAs from MT4 to MT5 just to optimize the settings with cloud to find good settings for the pairs.

dream3r:

newdigital, with MT4 what can you use to optimize or backtesting without cloud? I mean, is there some quicker/eficient tool to do it in Mt4 like mt5? I'm using the tools that mt4 have, but I don't know if there is some way to do it like mt5.....let me know please!

Thank you 

No, the Cloud computing is not available with MT4.
Reason: