10points 3.mq4 - page 377

my 2 cents

Here goes my backtest of your 10p3v0.02 with the ZeroLag_MACD.

Despite being my 1st backtest and having n/a at Report, maybe someone can do a decent backtest and give it a try...

See you

Filipe

Edit on 06-12-2008: after 1 month without any feedback I removed the attachments.

Files:

Shared many times on this thread.

It is same version with davidke20's settings (i just changed timefilter options in the settings a little) and with azmel's recommended minimum deposit (estimated during the forwars testing).

Read this thread starting from page #300.

Or:

- forward testing 10p3v0.03: my settings with 10p3v0.03 for this 11 pairs. EA is on this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174975/page208

By the way new version (10p3v1.00 EA from this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178672 ) should be more safe: minimum deposit requirment should be less and more safe version of the EA.

Files:
10p3v003.zip  376 kb

Suggestion to improve 10points3

I understand 10points3v0.03 is safer than 10points3v0.02 because after a win it does not add more orders on the same bar. That seems to be a nice filter in the winning direction as ND forward testing continues to confirm.

But what about in the losing direction? When the market moves against us by our minimum pip step it adds the next order at three times the lot size. What if we added a filter requiring both a minimum pip step against us and a wait until the NEXT BARbefore adding the next order.

I witnessed a loss just recently where the EURUSD market moved against me adding four progressions on the samebar and then continued to my stop loss of 160pips. Replay this with a new logic. When the progressions #2, #3, #4, and #5 would not have been added until at least the open of subsequent bars as the price plummeted against me. The loss would have been easily avoided. What would be the odds of a market moving against you five bars in a row without a little recovery/ retracement? The program could thereby adapt to volatile market conditions such as rapid expansion from a narrow range. I'm hoping davidke20 will read this and consider the idea worthy of coding a new, safer version.

many thanks

neoo:
I understand 10points3v0.03 is safer than 10points3v0.02 because after a win it does not add more orders on the same bar. That seems to be a nice filter in the winning direction as ND forward testing continues to confirm.

But what about in the losing direction? When the market moves against us by our minimum pip step it adds the next order at three times the lot size. What if we added a filter requiring both a minimum pip step against us and a wait until the NEXT BARbefore adding the next order.

I witnessed a loss just recently where the EURUSD market moved against me adding four progressions on the samebar and then continued to my stop loss of 160pips. Replay this with a new logic. When the progressions #2, #3, #4, and #5 would not have been added until at least the open of subsequent bars as the price plummeted against me. The loss would have been easily avoided. What would be the odds of a market moving against you five bars in a row without a little recovery/ retracement? The program could thereby adapt to volatile market conditions such as rapid expansion from a narrow range. I'm hoping davidke20 will read this and consider the idea worthy of coding a new, safer version.

many thanks

As per request, I've added the new filter of no opening new position on the same bar. Please test out and let me know.

Regards

David

Files:
10p3v0.031.mq4  12 kb

davidke20:
As per request, I've added the new filter of no opening new position on the same bar. Please test out and let me know.

Regards

David

Do you trade this in real account?

erdenmensch:
Do you trade this in real account?

No I dont! Perhaps, you must be overlooked. Neoo asked me 7 minutes ago, and I coded it in 7 minutes time.

Regards

David

davidke20:
No I dont! Perhaps, you must be overlooked. Neoo asked me 7 minutes ago, and I coded it in 7 minutes time.

Regards

David

You are great guy. I will test it.

Good Results

davidke20:

Regards

David

I've not had a chance to forward test, but the backtest results for 10p3v0.031 look promising. The profits are nearly twice as large as with my safest settings for 10points3v0.02. By safest I mean that no stoploss was hit during the entire backtest which uses metaquotes data for the last eight and a half years. The settings are for 10p3v0.031 on EURUSD M15 as follows: Deposit was $2000.00, Max trades=5, TP=22, pips=10, OTP=4, Trading range=14, SL=160, MACD=12,26,9, Shift=1, Timefilter=false.

Results were a net profit of $204,364.00 PF=2.2, Payoff=$73, Abs. DD=499, MaxDD=%34, Rel.DD=55, and #of trades=2797. The graph is a nice upsloping smooth curve with no stoploss hit.

The MaxDD of %34 percent is a little higher than in the other versions best settings. I think this is mostly because in v0.031 I'm using a larger pip step of 10 pips which translates to higher drawdown before reaching recovery.

Cheers

neoo:
I've not had a chance to forward test, but the backtest results for 10p3v0.031 look promising. The profits are nearly twice as large as with my safest settings for 10points3v0.02. By safest I mean that no stoploss was hit during the entire backtest which uses metaquotes data for the last eight and a half years. The settings are for 10p3v0.031 on EURUSD M15 as follows: Deposit was $2000.00, Max trades=5, TP=22, pips=10, OTP=4, Trading range=14, SL=160, MACD=12,26,9, Shift=1, Timefilter=false.

Results were a net profit of $204,364.00 PF=2.2, Payoff=$73, Abs. DD=499, MaxDD=%34, Rel.DD=55, and #of trades=2797. The graph is a nice upsloping smooth curve with no stoploss hit.

The MaxDD of %34 percent is a little higher than in the other versions best settings. I think this is mostly because in v0.031 I'm using a larger pip step of 10 pips which translates to higher drawdown before reaching recovery.

Cheers

Oh, really?

Why you don't post your test results?

I tested all versions of 10p3 and in my opinion best is 10p3v0.03.

I also start forward testing this version a moth ago. Up to date I can say:

stay away from any JPY pair!

For a deposit of 1200$ profit is ~500$ and max DD 35%,

I removed all JPY pairs and will see how it perform in future.

As for newer versions I can't find better results than 10p3v0.03 no matter what settings I try...

Here are my results with your settings.

Files:
10p3.jpg  142 kb

Hi,

is the timefilter important? When I deactivate it, I have much better results.

Reason: