10points 3.mq4 - page 264

Setting for RMI version?

guernica:

Is in post #2393.

Best Regards.

Hi Geurnica. Thanks for the heads up on the post for obtaining the RMI version of the EA.

I placed it on several charts last night on 1H timeframe with default settings, indicators attached to the chart, but the EA hasn't made any trades.

Am I using the wrong timeframe or do I need to adjust the EA settings?

Any help would be gratefully accepted,

Many thanks,

Cal

currymonster:
Hi Geurnica. Thanks for the heads up on the post for obtaining the RMI version of the EA.

I placed it on several charts last night on 1H timeframe with default settings, indicators attached to the chart, but the EA hasn't made any trades.

Am I using the wrong timeframe or do I need to adjust the EA settings?

Any help would be gratefully accepted,

Many thanks,

Cal

The experts tab gives the error

:2007.05.14 11:14:35 Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\Interbank FX Trader 4 DEMO 5\experts\indicators\VHF.ex4' on the GBPUSDm,H1

2007.05.14 11:18:17 Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\Interbank FX Trader 4 DEMO 5\experts\indicators\Center of Gravity2.ex4' on the GBPUSDm,M30

2007.05.14 11:18:17 Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\Interbank FX Trader 4 DEMO 5\experts\indicators\Center of Gravity2.ex4' on the GBPUSDm,H4

I moved the expert and indicators to a different mt4 platform but the same happens, anyone have any ideas?

It's an IBFX mini demo by the way,

cheers

Indicators

currymonster:

:2007.05.14 11:14:35 Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\Interbank FX Trader 4 DEMO 5\experts\indicators\VHF.ex4' on the GBPUSDm,H1

2007.05.14 11:18:17 Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\Interbank FX Trader 4 DEMO 5\experts\indicators\Center of Gravity2.ex4' on the GBPUSDm,M30

2007.05.14 11:18:17 Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\Interbank FX Trader 4 DEMO 5\experts\indicators\Center of Gravity2.ex4' on the GBPUSDm,H4

I moved the expert and indicators to a different mt4 platform but the same happens, anyone have any ideas?

It's an IBFX mini demo by the way,

cheers

So far as I know the only reason for that error code is that the correct indicators are not located in the indicator file.

There is an updated VHF indicator and if that has been loaded the code will have to be changed to read VHF before it can be read.

I have attached the indicators and I suggest reloading them after recompiling them and saving them into the indicators file for the platform being used.

John

Rmi

--------------------------------------------------

Hi

I do not find another one explanation otherwise it referred by Yeoeleven.

Best Regards.

I cant seem to run this through the strategy tester

Doesn open any trades, I have selelcted the inputs in the tester

Any thoughts how to get this to run?

yeoeleven:
So far as I know the only reason for that error code is that the correct indicators are not located in the indicator file.

There is an updated VHF indicator and if that has been loaded the code will have to be changed to read VHF before it can be read.

I have attached the indicators and I suggest reloading them after recompiling them and saving them into the indicators file for the platform being used.

John

Thanks for your efforts Yeoeleven.

It seems that the expert won't regognise that version of centre of gravity or VHF, annoying! The indicators load fine. I recompiled them, and they load up fine onto a chart themself, but as soon as I attach the EA the error messages come up the same.

Thanks for trying anyway, I'll try a different version of the EA.

Cheers,

Cal

Rmi

Thanks for your efforts Yeoeleven.

It seems that the expert won't regognise that version of centre of gravity or VHF, annoying! The indicators load fine. I recompiled them, and they load up fine onto a chart themself, but as soon as I attach the EA the error messages come up the same.

Thanks for trying anyway, I'll try a different version of the EA.

Cheers,

Cal

Cal if you like you can try this version, its a little different from the original but to me better.

tools

Thanks

mrtools:
Cal if you like you can try this version, its a little different from the original but to me better. tools

Thank you mr tools I'll try it out.

I feel naughty now for causing so much trouble to everyone

Thanks again to you and yeoeleven. If I grow a $250 dollar account into a zillion bucks b4 it busts I'll be sure to buy you both a case of champagne each, lol!

Cal

Grr!

Lol same thing happened with that version. I have to conclude something is amiss my end, damned if I know what though, I have a zillion other EAs working fine on 10 mt4 platforms, doh!

Cal

currymonster:
Lol same thing happened with that version. I have to conclude something is amiss my end, damned if I know what though, I have a zillion other EAs working fine on 10 mt4 platforms, doh! Cal

check file names and types of indicator files. You can look into EAs code to find out what exact indicator file name he is looking for, and check if indicators actual file name is the same. Sometime windows add some funny chars to downloaded file names, especially if they contain dots or brackets. Hope this helps

and also check if you are using correct instance of your MTs (happens from time to time if you have a lot of them )

Reason: