New Firebird EA - page 19

hampeh, even with Firebird setting at making a maximum of 3 trades (instead of 10 default) per chart on one pair, you would still be trading 30% of your $100.00 with 1 micro-lot at IBFX - I would suggest you trade only 2-4% of your account value - especially with Firebird. Even in this case, you need $1000 minimum.

faifarni, I have very good results with pipstep at 15 for GBP since 9/1 running on "c" version

Unfortunately this EA is in crisis right now(see attached). for setting I also attach my set file. hope being help to you all. On the live accout less severe but still heavy loss.I only traded Majors with this Ea except U/Y. because it took several heavy losts during back and forward testing.

Ross.

are too big for the amount of the gain

dont you think your stop losses are rather large..? for the amount of profit that you were trying to gain. i mean you have 100+ stops for 20 pips profit.. to me that seam a little out of whack.

i think you guys are using too much leverage on these tests and it makes the results look worse than they really are in terms of a system. If you test on 5k and you run it on 4 pairs at .01 you are really trading 4 lots with 5k wich is extreme leverage. You got to factor in the fact you might get 10 additions to each pair as the system cost averages.

I have been running version C live on 5 min charts, only eurusd, with some decent results, i think the success with this system depends on how much you can afford to lose, and how much time you are willing to wait . If you use low leverage, just about every trade takes profit sometime down the road.

What has really boosted profits with this system is hedging. I do discretionary trading in another account, and take trade setups in the other direction the EA is trading. This has really worked out well so far.

Ross123 - I agree that the model is in crisis. We have to remember that FB is a contrarian EA. Perhaps if the pipstep was increased by a certain amount and the t/p was decreased for each successive trade it would provide a bit more of a hedge against a longer trend like we are seeing.

I also think that you need a very large account to consider making 10 trades per chart and keeping your overall risk low (certainly <10% of account balance). What is the opinion? is it worth coding to compare test performance in a trending market?

good EA

Mechanics

Does anybody actually know how this indicator is calculated ? I cannot quite manage to translate the EasyLanguage at the beginning of this thread.

Thanks

Hi all

I read all the pages about this EA ( Firebird v1.0c1 ) and I decide to use it in real account , but I have many question t

1- can I use it with small account like 500$ ?

2- is the NF broker good with this EA ?

3- can I increase the lot size in the future ?

4- Do I have change any setting to use it in small account like the number of treads ?

Reason: