Portfolio: PriceChannelExpert and others - page 6

I added more pairs for PriceChannelExpert_v4.mq4 EA with D1 timeframe: AUDUSD, EURUSD, USDCAD, USDCHF, USDJPY.

So I edited the first post of this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179798

Is "Step EA 1.45" which you posted above better than the EA you are currently forward testing?

Will you be forward testing the other two EA's in this thread soon?

fizzleboink:
Is "Step EA 1.45" which you posted above better than the EA you are currently forward testing? Will you be forward testing the other two EA's in this thread soon?

Yes it is better. Igorad created pre-set files for GBPUSD and USDCHF M30 timeframe. I am doing EURUSD now. It takes 10 hours (optimization). I want to create pre-set for M15 or M5 timeframe. If so it will be very good EA. But it really takes a lot of time (not for me, for computer).

Then I will optimize some other EAs (working on the news) and some others.

After that we all together will create portfolios: several sets of EAs working in one Metatrader. One MetaTrader per set. Sets for small deposit size, for big size and so on (somebody suggested it already).

If you know some good EA (it may be already posted in our forum for example) please give the link. I will try to optimize the settings.

Now we need scalper: EA which opens/closes several orders within one day.

I will try to optimize this new Step with M5 timeframe.

Everything will be posted of course.

Because we will create portfolios and I can not do it alone.

newdigital:
It is because of MM and deposit size. I started with 25,000 deposit size the EA opened the orders by 3.8 lots from the beginning.

You used 10,000 deposit size and you started with 1.5 lot size.

It's because of MM.

How did you increase the deposit size for testing Newdigital for MT4 paltforms?

Thanks.

FXGuy2000:
How did you increase the deposit size for testing Newdigital for MT4 paltforms? Thanks.

What do you mean increase?

I just inserted 25,000 and set MM to true and EA used 3.8 deposit size from the beginning.

You may set any deposit size for backtesting.

Fizzleboink was right and I am not creating pre-set files with MM now.

Please note that i am doing this backtesting for optimization. I am optimizing the settings first and then use backtesting. Just to prove pre-set file. Nothing else.

newdigital:

Fizzleboink was right and I am not creating pre-set files with MM now.

Huh? What was I right about? I like MM. In fact, I think it's essential.

fizzleboink:
Huh? What was I right about? I like MM. In fact, I think it's essential.

You were right about different results of backtesting with diferent deposit size with MM=true.

We do not need MM now because we will use several EAs in one account as poarfolio and I have no idea now which money management we will have when we will use EAs in one set using one deposit.

Because it is very easy to optimize the settings just to find the better MM. If we have all pre-set files without MM so we may find good settings with MM and it will take just 10 minutes per EA.

But to optimize the settings without any MM we need (I need) several hours per EA per currency.

Because it is very difficult to do it alone and I like to use any suggestion as seems the people are working/thinking together with me. I interpreted your words as you want to help. That is why I said "you are right". Because I don't want to do it alone. Difficult. Personally I have it in my computer and I am posting here the optimized settings for everybody.

I will create the settings without MM first.

newdigital:
You were right about different results of backtesting with diferent deposit size with MM=true.

We do not need MM now because we will use several EAs in one account as poarfolio and I have no idea now which money management we will have when we will use EAs in one set using one deposit.

Because it is very easy to optimize the settings just to find the better MM. If we have all pre-set files without MM so we may find good settings with MM and it will take just 10 minutes per EA.

But to optimize the settings without any MM we need (I need) several hours per EA per currency.

Because it is very difficult to do it alone and I like to use any suggestion as seems the people are working/thinking together with me. I interpreted your words as you want to help. That is why I said "you are right". Because I don't want to do it alone. Difficult. Personally I have it in my computer and I am posting here the optimized settings for everybody.

I am willing to help in any way I can New! Your work is very useful and any input you want from me, I will gladly do... If you have any EAs you wish me to backtest/optimize, just let me know. I will try to find some myself and suggest them too. I agree with you, this should be a group effort. I also think you are right in optimizing without MM as this gives a true indication to how the EA is performing on it's own. But we do need to implement MM at a later stage when we have our portfolios and we need to do this properly, not like how it is done now in some EAs (please read my previous posts on this subject in this thread earlier).

Thanks again

Tamershahin:
I am willing to help in any way I can New! Your work is very useful and any input you want from me, I will gladly do... If you have any EAs you wish me to backtest/optimize, just let me know. I will try to find some myself and suggest them too. I agree with you, this should be a group effort. I also think you are right in optimizing without MM as this gives a true indication to how the EA is performing on it's own. But we do need to implement MM at a later stage when we have our portfolios and we need to do this properly, not like how it is done now in some EAs (please read my previous posts on this subject in this thread earlier). Thanks again

If you are able to optimize the settings so it is two EAs.

- Trade on Friday EA. This EA is working without any indicator. But there are two indicators inside just to see how it works. This EA is trading on Friday only.

- Trade on Monday EA. There are EA, library file (should be in include folder). And some backtesting results in excel file which I translated from Russian. Seems somebody already optimized the settings for every day of the week (and for Friday as well) since 2001.

I took everything from this thread.

I am still busy with Step EA 1.45 EA. It takes a long time.

Files:
friday.zip  6 kb
monday.zip  9 kb

newdigital:

Ok now I understand newdigital, this does make sense. I would like to help as much as possible as well because I see much potential with this project.

I am a Computer Engineering major and thus I am currently learning how to program EA's. I am also learning as much as a I can about Forex. I also have (as you saw previously) that I can get 90% modelling accuracy for backtesting, so I can probably do a bit of optimization as well.

The only thing I don't have much of is time. But I will do what I can.

Reason: