10points 3.mq4 - page 289

Hi Guys, I am going to forward test FXA0 - Ladderv0-T-JMA.mq4 next week but just wanted to confirm that 1H TF is used and the default values in the EA are what your all using?

Thanks

FXA0 - Ladder

Continuing from my last statment here is another. I too will be uploading master001 versions onto one of my VPS Servers.

As confirmed by John the EA handled itself quite well over the choppy period.

neta1o:

This thing isn't there yet because live is much different then backtesting for various reasons. But I have some other developments that could get this thing performing even better.

Sounds good. We are creeping closer.

matrixebiz:
Hi Guys, I am going to forward test FXA0 - Ladderv0-T-JMA.mq4 next week but just wanted to confirm that 1H TF is used and the default values in the EA are what your all using? Thanks

That is what I am using.

I testing both of neta1o versions on 4 hr,

I will also add master001 newest next week.

all on eur/usd

master001:
Here is my redesigned version of neta1o. my version tries to use 4H and 1H timeframe positive divergences of TURBO-JMA. If 4h TURBO-JMA and 1H TURBO-JMA have the same direction then open position.

I think that maxtrade set to 3 is ok. So i resigned from changing this parameter. Another important thing: i belive that in order to balance loosing money there should be adjusted in more precious way THE LOTS PROGRESSION. My expierience indicates that the biggest part of money should be engaged into the most volatile part of movement during the trend. THE TREND IS LIKE A CORRIDOR WHICH HAS BOTTOM, TOP AND THE MIDDLE PART. So if we have 3 maxtrades we use 7*0.1 in order: 0.1 0.2 0.4. The most volatile part of TREND CORRIDOR is the MIDDLE PART. So i set progression: 0.1 0.4 0.2. This gives more profit, look at the raports, the most transactions are made with the middle lots.

I have made many test on different broker with different quality modellnig. Im really depressed and i feel very bad the even data from alpari with 90% quality modelling gives creazy results. I noticed that it is almost impossible to test any EA !!! All kinds of data are crazy.

My observations indicates that the most successful in not loosing money is not trading. So all EAs must treat equally not trading with selling and buying! Even in the strongest trends we can see backmoves of prices, so we never know if it is the beggining of trend reversal or good occasion to enter.

I propose to test systems in FEBRUARY 2007, that month was very creazy for GBPUSD. In that month you have the mixture of 2 kinds of market behaviour: waves and breakouts. 10pointsXXX is kind of wave(trend) following system, so it has many problems during breakouts. So i think that breakouts are very big problems, i think that there are needed very special exepctions for system to cut loosing money in breakouts.

Trying to adjust EA to ranging and trending market is very lagged. I think that more usable conceptions is to have eg. 4 lots for trending and 3 for ranging or make more elastic distance changing between lots. In stead of 15 pips there could be calculations of levels from CCi eg. 0.1 lot over 0.00, another 0.1 over 100, another 0.1 over 200.

master001

Do I run this on a 4hr tf?

And I take it I also load these 2 indictors for this version?

Do I use the default settings for ea and indicators?

Results for version 0.03

Started testing on 7-26

4 hr tf eur/usd & gbp/usd

Files:
7-28_0.03.htm  36 kb

FXA0 - Ladderv0-T-JMA

rcthkd:
Do I run this on a 4hr tf?

And I take it I also load these 2 indictors for this version?

Do I use the default settings for ea and indicators?

Rick,

I have loaded both indicators and you will find very little to set for this EA so I have loaded it with default settings. I am using H4 as the original version with GU & EU.

Thanks for your testing and reporting lately, I am sure that neta1o and master001 have gained further insight from your posts.

John

When I try to backtest latest versions (incl. FXA0 - Ladderv0-T-JMA.mq4) I get a curve that decreses constantly to zero.

Even on different platforms and with different data.

What is wrong?

Under some circumstances I receive a message in my journal file that says: "No Market to open" for the T-JMA version.

Does anyone know what that means?

Thanks.

Reason: