Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 24

Exits

Is everyone using a pre determined amount of pips for the exit or what is everyone using for their exit strategy?

Thanks.

So Far SOOOO Good.

I started reading this thread on Wednesday and downloaded all of the various indicators that have been posted here. On Thursday after work I loaded it all up and started watching for trades. I have played with this since then and had some quick losses - 156 pips . I quit using the 1 hr and switched to th 4 hr and had 5 positive trades. On the 5 positive trades I gained 237 pips . Even with the losses I am up 81 pips in a little over one day !

I think for now I will stick to the four hour. I will resume trading again at market open next week. I look forward to testing an EA to see how it performs. Great job BEAR, thanks for sharing.

A good idea I will want to test next week, is the multiple-entry martingale approach on every confirming candle that goes against me, for example, lets say we get a buy signal on hourly, then we get a candle that confirms it then I would buy 1 lot, if the trades goes more against me I will wait another buy signal and buy 2 lots and so on untill I loose a maximum 10% of the account on that trade then I would close all the positions.

I will try to learn MQL4 over the weekend. maybe it needs more time, but I will start seriously.

Att: Simba

SIMBA:
Hi,

Walter,you should do the following:

1-Open strategy tester,and select a pair(ie GBPJPY) and timeframe(H4)

2-Select a very simple,included in the platform EA,like MA sample or MACD sample..this is just to allow for the chart running,do not care about the EA results..

3-Click visual tester,low and to to the left in the strategy tester,and select a normal(25 to 28) speed with the speed selector bar located just near the "visual tester"

4-Click play button,like in a dvd..then once you start seeing the chart moving..click pause button..DO NOT CLICK STOP

5-With the navigator,open _00_ZZ_Window,check the settings,and attach to chart

6-Click play button again ,wait until the moving chart starts painting rightly the indicator(it needs some initial history),15 to 30 seconds,then just relax and observe..you can alter the speed to what is more comfortable to you..Then you can do it "as it happens" or once finished,check both all the repaints and all the good signals and decide if you need or not to modify your strategy..you can do this to check "simulated live" the behaviour of your favourite indicators or strategies and it is an excellent learning tool

Hi there again, I just wanted to say i`m big fan of zig zag indicators, and the thread is just about that. The attached file is the best zig zag indicator i`ve bumped on, I`ve ran some back tests and the indicator doesn't repaint the past as the other zig zag indicators do, i even use the indicator on my chart since 2 months ago. So Simba i can see that you know how to run a back tests on indicators, so can you please run some back tests and share your opinion about the indicator i`ve attached.

SETUP

PAIRS: GBP/USD or GBP/JPY

TF: 15 min

Files:
zig-zagy.ex4  4 kb

Great!!!!

hexadecimal:
Hi there again, I just wanted to say i`m big fan of zig zag indicators, and the thread is just about that. The attached file is the best zig zag indicator i`ve bumped on, I`ve ran some back tests and the indicator doesn't repaint the past as the other zig zag indicators do, i even use the indicator on my chart since 2 months ago. So Simba i can see that you know how to run a back tests on indicators, so can you please run some back tests and share your opinion about the indicator i`ve attached.

SETUP

Great indicator!!

Is this MTF version of zig zag indicator?

I definitely add this to my chart!

Thanks bro!

hexadecimal:

SETUP

For some reason, I load indicator and dont get any plot... some ideas ?

california

hi droesparky. forex11 here. Im the one that lives in florida. bigbear lives in california.

I live on MADEIRA BEACH, right on the gulf of mexico.

How about adding Bollinger band and STARC Band to this system?

droesparky:
btw bigbear what part of Florida are you in?

Hey droesparky,

Actually I live In Northern California (NorCal)

Thats Forex11 who is in Florida. Thats where we get our ribs. From a place called Roma Village in South Florida.

Bear-

Hey forex11 my bad, I spent a couple years on clearwater beach and a few in Jacksonville I like the gulf side best.

anyway back to forex, re reading the thread writing the rules out to burn them in my brain.

thx

Reason: