MTS "Universum" - page 5

Bookkeeper писал (а):

Don't men (rudeness left out) have no hands to sort it out?

Is this the place (rudeness left out), or has anyone had a chance to look at the council too?

The first review of the EA appeared in the comments on http://bigforex.biz/load/2-1-0-170.

alanvic:

But then, for example, at night I try to place an order to modify the order, and you are asleep and, of course, the window does not open until morning, and then the train has left, the order is not closed. That is why I wanted to ask you if I am doing something wrong.
I do not understand something here. Do the computer and the Expert Advisor work at night? Instead of one operator for opening an order, we should put two in the EA's code: the first one to open a position with TP=0 and SL=0 and then check immediately after it (has the position opened?) and, if the position has opened, the second operator to modify the open order, only setting stops and limits. If the computer works, we may go to sleep.

Bookkeeper:
alanvic:

Stops of course I tried first thing, it passes, but then for example at night it throws out an order to modify the order, and you sleep and of course the window doesn't pass until morning, and then all train has left, the order is not closed. I would like to ask you if I am doing something wrong.
I do not understand something here. Do the computer and the Expert Advisor work at night? Instead of one operator for opening an order, we should put two in the EA's code: the first one to open a position with TP=0 and SL=0 and then check immediately after it (has the position opened?) and, if the position has opened, the second operator to modify the open order, only setting stops and limits. If the computer works, we may go to sleep.

Thank you very much, it seems to be working, at least it has modified the order itself, let's see what happens next. Thank you again

alanvic:

Yuri, hi. I understand the question is off-topic, but I've now realised after reading the above that it's useless to write to ICQ. I am not a spammer. I'm not a spammer, I've been trading forex for two years on the Forex market on Kvik, and I've been using MT4 for half a year. I use predominantly indices, i have downloaded your Afrikan and trading on demo account, i got the results, i have adjusted my lot size, but the problem is i may be i dont understand something. I don't know what to do when I try to place a Stop Loss or Take Profit order manually. I don't know what to do. I would like to place an automatic order. I do not know how to order my forex robot, I have to use it as an automatic feeder.

Your broker is not WHC by any chance? You can't open an order by market with already defined stops. You have to open a position first and place stops on it AT THE FIRST. For example, in my trading robots I do things like this:

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
// wait for the trading thread to become free
while(IsTradeContextBusy()==true) {}

// place a position
ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,_Lot,Ask,10,NULL,NULL,MAGIC,0,CLR_NONE);

// if a position has opened, set stops in it
if (ticket>0) {
MakeStops(ticket,_StopLoss,_TakeProfit);
}
// procedure of setting a stop
void MakeStops(int T,int SL, int TP) {
double newsl=0,newtp=0;
bool mod=false;
OrderSelect(T,SELECT_BY_TICKET,MODE_TRADES);
mod=false;
if (OrderSymbol()==Symbol() && OrderMagicNumber()==MAGIC) {
if (OrderType()==OP_BUY) {
if (SL>0) {newsl=OrderOpenPrice()-SL*Point;}
if (TP>0) {newtp=OrderOpenPrice()+TP*Point;}
mod=true;
}
if (OrderType()==OP_SELL) {
if (SL>0) {newsl=OrderOpenPrice()+SL*Point;}
if (TP>0) {newtp=OrderOpenPrice()-TP*Point;}
mod=true;
}
if (mod==true) {
while(IsTradeContextBusy()==true) {}
OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),newsl,newtp,0,CLR_NONE);
}
}
return(0);
}

Please forgive me for being a lamer and dummie writing code. :-)

I will also risk to suggest a variant for WHC. The Expert Advisor is made for the Dax Index strictly according to the AI Expert Advisor code. Two in one. The perceptron of one is made on the BEARS indicator, while the perceptron of the other is made on the BULLS indicator.

One version is supposed to give more accurate signals for long positions, while the second version gives signals for short positions. When enabled together - "there will be happiness" ("all ingenious things are simple"). Once again, the Expert Advisor is adapted to WHC. For Dax the stops should be multiple of 5 (and optimized stops by step=5).

We have tested it on m5 during two months with lot=0.1.

It has been adapted very simply - after each order (with zero stops):

ticket = OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_SELL, Lots * 2, Bid, 3, 
                             0, 0, "Bulls L553", MagicBulls, 0, Red);
Sleep(1000); OrderModify(ticket,OrderOpenPrice(),Ask + sl * Point,0,0,CLR_NONE);
Files:

I forgot to warn you - it's too early to use the expert in real life. It is only a rough workpiece for the experiment. By the way, the Expert Advisor's author (my fellow countryman!) just now warned me by ICQ that it should not work sensibly online. This is because the operation of setting stops after opening a position is not quite correct. It is too primitive.

But it works! .... Checked many times in the WHC! And stops are set. And positions are reversed. This is something to see...!

There is just one little thing. I've already asked this question in a general way. Here's the thing. When running BULLS and BEARS versions together, the total profit, for some reason, is somewhat less. Than if you run the versions separately and sum up the results!

For example, separately versions give about +3500 profit per month each. And when you run it together - you get about +6300/6500. I do not understand why ! Can someone figure it out? Experts! Tell me...

rid:

For example, individually, the versions are each about +3500/month. When you run them together, it's about +6300/6500. I do not understand why! Can anyone figure it out? Experts! Tell me...

I am not one of the experts, but I would venture to guess that when, for example, a long position is opened and is not yet closed, the Bears version might get a signal to open a short, but it is blocked by the combined version. I did not look at the code, so I may be wrong, but it also happened to me when I optimized parameters separately for longs and shorts in my EAs.

The versions are supposed to have different magics. And both can work long and short... They should not interfere with each other... Although, I'll have to think about it....

rid:
The versions are supposed to have different magics. And both can work long and short... They should not interfere with each other... Although, I have to think about it, try to figure out....

Compare the logs of Expert Advisors. Most likely, there is a discrepancy in the opening time somewhere (total variation). While 1 order is opening, the second one is waiting. While waiting - the price has gone, consequently, it has opened at a different price than it was during the separate testing.

Thank you. Got it. That's more like it. Dax is a frantic tool. It's almost constantly ticking at a rate of a few ticks per second. ! (and each tick is five points!)
Reason: