FreedomRocks IntraDay Method - page 4

What I'm looking for...

Guyver,

Without having first looked at what you've done already, here's what I sent to one other person who offered to try making an EA for this:

ENTRIES:

1. Entry needs to be at a user-select input time and should automatically repeat DAILY. We'll call it "TIMED ENTRY" for this discussion.

2. Amount of lots should be a user-select input.

3. All entries are LONG ONLY or SHORT ONLY, so a user-select input switch to select LONG or SHORT. This may not be necessary, as you can select that when the EA is applied to the chart, but I don't know which is better.

4. There must be a Take Profit pips input and a Stop Loss pips input.

5. EA should be able to open a new position even if a previous position is not yet closed or is trailing stop.

EXITS:

1. Exits need to be at a user-select input time repeating every day. We'll call it "TIMED EXIT" for this discussion. TIMED EXIT Should function just like the Entry, but must be a separate input because the times of exit will be different than entry.

2. TIMED EXIT Restriction: Only Exit position if LESS than 10 pips in profit. If 10 pips profit or greater, move stop to BREAK EVEN and then use TRAIL STOP.

3. The Trail Stop should engage when either of these two conditions apply:

A. At TIMED EXIT, if position is in profit by 10 pips or greater, then move SL to break even and trail stop according to user input step and amount.

B. Trail Stop ANY TIME the position hits the initial TP setting.

For now, these are the basics. Once we establish whether this strategy will be profitable, we can add more functions if needed or desired.

That's all I can think of right now. I'll give the EA you posted a whirl and see how it works, then I may have some other ideas later. Thanks again!! MUCHOS GRACIAS!!

Pipskateer:
Guyver,

Without having first looked at what you've done already, here's what I sent to one other person who offered to try making an EA for this:

ENTRIES:

1. Entry needs to be at a user-select input time and should automatically repeat DAILY. We'll call it "TIMED ENTRY" for this discussion.

2. Amount of lots should be a user-select input.

3. All entries are LONG ONLY or SHORT ONLY, so a user-select input switch to select LONG or SHORT. This may not be necessary, as you can select that when the EA is applied to the chart, but I don't know which is better.

4. There must be a Take Profit pips input and a Stop Loss pips input.

5. EA should be able to open a new position even if a previous position is not yet closed or is trailing stop.

EXITS:

1. Exits need to be at a user-select input time repeating every day. We'll call it "TIMED EXIT" for this discussion. TIMED EXIT Should function just like the Entry, but must be a separate input because the times of exit will be different than entry.

2. TIMED EXIT Restriction: Only Exit position if LESS than 10 pips in profit. If 10 pips profit or greater, move stop to BREAK EVEN and then use TRAIL STOP.

3. The Trail Stop should engage when either of these two conditions apply:

A. At TIMED EXIT, if position is in profit by 10 pips or greater, then move SL to break even and trail stop according to user input step and amount.

B. Trail Stop ANY TIME the position hits the initial TP setting.

For now, these are the basics. Once we establish whether this strategy will be profitable, we can add more functions if needed or desired.

That's all I can think of right now. I'll give the EA you posted a whirl and see how it works, then I may have some other ideas later. Thanks again!! MUCHOS GRACIAS!!

1. Input time system is not implemented with this ea it just open trades when one closes but it should not be a problem

2. Amount of lots is already implemented

3. This ea will only trade from the long side but i dont see any problems to change that

4. TP and SL's are already implemented

5. need to test more

exits

none of the exits are implemented except tp's or sl and not trailing either

anyways 'll see what i can do as i started working on 2 more projects on this forum if you think person has already started on this i'll stay on the offside and watch wat comes.

regards

Guyver

Guyver:
1. Input time system is not implemented with this ea it just open trades when one closes but it should not be a problem

2. Amount of lots is already implemented

3. This ea will only trade from the long side but i dont see any problems to change that

4. TP and SL's are already implemented

5. need to test more

exits

none of the exits are implemented except tp's or sl and not trailing either

anyways 'll see what i can do as i started working on 2 more projects on this forum if you think person has already started on this i'll stay on the offside and watch wat comes.

regards

Guyver

Guyver, Don't run away just YET!

I had a PM from another person about 3 days ago and I sent them the details, but have not had any further response from them. You're the first one to actually come up with a working EA, so please stay if you can?

I just tried this on a EUR/USD backtest and other than a journal log full of order send errors on the other three pairs and apart from the multiple daily orders, it just may suit our basic purposes here to test this system. It's a very good start for sure.

Trailing stops may be helpful to the profitability, so if you can include a basic version, fine. If not, that's ok. As far as exits, for simplicity's sake, you could just put in a "close all open orders" regardless of profit/loss at a user-selectable time and that would suffice for now. The two biggest things are limiting it to only trading one pair and limiting it to one trade per day at a specified time. Other than that, I think its very good for what we're doing here!

So, please let me know if you can fit us in, ok?

Thanks !!

This is actually encouraging....I think...

Hey, I'm watching the backtesting on the EUR/USD and even with the wild continuous trading, it's still breaking EVEN after three months!! LOL Go figure...

I think with some tweaking we can certainly do better with this! (fingers crossed!)

Back to work!

Pipskateer:
Guyver, Don't run away just YET!

I had a PM from another person about 3 days ago and I sent them the details, but have not had any further response from them. You're the first one to actually come up with a working EA, so please stay if you can?

I just tried this on a EUR/USD backtest and other than a journal log full of order send errors on the other three pairs and apart from the multiple daily orders, it just may suit our basic purposes here to test this system. It's a very good start for sure.

Trailing stops may be helpful to the profitability, so if you can include a basic version, fine. If not, that's ok. As far as exits, for simplicity's sake, you could just put in a "close all open orders" regardless of profit/loss at a user-selectable time and that would suffice for now. The two biggest things are limiting it to only trading one pair and limiting it to one trade per day at a specified time. Other than that, I think its very good for what we're doing here!

So, please let me know if you can fit us in, ok?

Thanks !!

Hi!

I am here

I'll see what i can do will implement some funtions you posted and have a come back soon.

donot backtest this ea .. no use , only forward test your strategy since it can't recongnize ask prices of other currencies while running on backtest [normally]

Guyver.

Guyver:
Hi!

I am here

I'll see what i can do will implement some funtions you posted and have a come back soon.

donot backtest this ea .. no use , only forward test your strategy since it can't recongnize ask prices of other currencies while running on backtest [normally]

Guyver.

Cool...thanks for doing that!

Yeah, that's why I think it's best for the EA to trade only one pair anyway. However, it was placing and closing orders for the EUR/USD, but giving order send errors for the others. So, it sorta worked on backtest. The best results are definitely on forward testing, but I will try to backtest as well. I can do one currency at a time and then combine the results.

Thanks again!

daraknor:
For what it's worth...

Rather than a 60:40 flat system, I might recommend something based on ATR instead. One reason for this is that correlated pairs don't have equal pip movements.

Let's look at Daily USDJPY and USDCHF. Zoom all of the way out and they are obviously negatively correlated. On FXDD data, I will look at a few days here at random:

USDCHF 2007/07/

09 H 1.2192 L 1.2153 39

10 H 1.2193 L 1.2020 173

11 H 1.2067 L 1.1992 75

12 H 1.2067 L 1.2004 63

13 H 1.2054 L 1.1984 70

USDJPY

09 H 123.65 L 123.20 45

10 H 123.47 L 121.72 175

11 H 122.51 L 120.98 153

12 H 122.58 L 121.83 75

13 H 122.61 L 121.91 70

Try this with any two pairs, you'll find that they have similarities, but not enough to bank on.

There is a strategy I've been testing that is guaranteed gains, fully hedged, doesn't require muslim accounts and uses a single currency. Still testing it out. I've looked at a lot of things like this, and even if you have 2.0 * 0.5 when it comes to currency prices, the lotsizes and magnitudes are not identical.

Thanks Daraknor,

I have admired your work and organizational abilities on the Phoenix EA project a few months back. Very nice!

Yes, this is just a starting point with the fixed SL/TP approach. The ATR factor is one that I have been considering alongside of this. However, I wanted to see how this particular version works out before moving in with other approaches.

Your strategy sounds interesting....please share it when you are ready to do so. Thanks for stopping by!

mikejody:
I like this strategy for several reasons; not having to gamble on which way the market is going, not having to monitor it, etc.

Can you keep us posted of your results daily?

Thank you.

I was planning on a weekly update until I have a working EA that I can test on forward demo. At that point, I can post the link to my auto-refreshing statement from MT4, just like I do with the HAS/MTF demo I have running. Will that work?

I've only shared the strategy online with people that contributed to PhoenixFund, sort of a perk. I'm waiting on feedback from most of them still. Nobody has found any faults in it.

I'm still contributing to Phoenix, but the bandwagon moved on. We still have profitable settings, but we did have a month or so where I wasn't sure if we had any profitable settings.

Feel free to use the trailing stop code from Phoenix 6 Released, it will automatically use the best stop possible if the broker doesn't allow a closer stop.

For exits, I do really like the ATR. Take a constant value * ATR signal and then use that for exit in pips. When the price in pips collides with the ATR, then you exit. I need to avoid looking at some code I wrote that does that for a bit to make sure I come up with something different if I write it again... copyright agreements and so forth. Very easy to write, very effective. Remember to divide by Point if you want a consistent value usable on USDJPY and other currencies without modification of scale.

Good to see the same people around, working and contributing. I've mostly been working on a trading platform written in Python. I don't use any indicators at all for trading now because I'm not sure most really work anyway. I've seen some good indicators written, but the guy is still spending another month or two writing an EA based on them. (5 months so far and each indicator has more lines of code than Phoenix...)

EA Update

This version improvements

1. Will trade long and short - just enable switch in the options

2. Time Feature ( nothing fancy - uses whole numbers to open & close orders at specific time and close each with incomming tick)

i just didn't had time to implement trailing stop yet i will as soon as possible there are options here as stated by members so i have to dig inside more.

any errors let me know.

guyver.

Files:
Reason: