10points 3.mq4 - page 200

WoW man ,and u call the V12 a beast,according to this back test we r going to ride a drag racer with a rocket engine,can't wait to start.

Hi David,

There is one set of history data is very good for testing any EAs. That is data between 8/2004 and 3/2005 for either eurusd or gbpusd.

If your EA can pass this period without blow out the account. I would say you find holy gail.

davidke20:
Mate, its only 6000% on the backtest.

Wow!

jimmyking:
Hi David,

There is one set of history data is very good for testing any EAs. That is data between 8/2004 and 3/2005 for either eurusd or gbpusd.

If your EA can pass this period without blow out the account. I would say you find holy gail.

Mate, I'm not interesting on holy grail. And I'm not interesting to past through 2004~2005. I have EA past through 1999~ 2007, endup whacked one of my 500 dollars account. Now, that is a plain holy grail for the backtest. I suppose we called it holy grill by then - I like barbeque. Ofcourse hope the BBQ session not on my live account. Better fried the backtest like V12 then blow the forward testing/live account away. FYI, I seldom have EA that work with backtest. That is what worrying me. Because its doing well on backtest. Very suspicious. So far I have 4 vote in my team...

Regards

David

Not sure that you will have all of the team posting here. To be certain if all of them are still following the thread, why don't we ask for people who didn't vote yes contribute by voting no?

make sense?

davidke20:
Mate, I'm not interesting on holy grail. And I'm not interesting to past through 2004~2005. I have EA past through 1999~ 2007, endup whacked one of my 500 dollars account. Now, that is a plain holy grail for the backtest. I suppose we called it holy grill by then - I like barbeque. Ofcourse hope the BBQ session not on my live account. Better fried the backtest like V12 then blow the forward testing/live account away. FYI, I seldom have EA that work with backtest. That is what worrying me. Because its doing well on backtest. Very suspicious. So far I have 4 vote in my team...

Regards

David

Whatever it takes, you can count me in David.

The crazier, the better!

btw. I think V12 is already great. But you must know exactly what you're doing. Both what settings to use and when to use. I will try to use it as a semi autotrader. Wait patiently for the right market and turn it on. I expect to have average 4 actions a month. Whether it turns out to be a success or failure, I will post it in this thread. Right now I am very optimistic!

I have one request David. Could you find some spare time and make a slim verion of V12. A version that you can decide to go long or short when you turn the EA on. This way, one can choose a direction to trade. (or 2 by using 2 charts.) Turn off again when you're done.

The reason is that the EA now is unpredictable. You can't stear the direction when you switch it on and if you use 2 charts to hedge, it can both go the same direction sometimes.

We can't control the market, but at least we can try to control our tradings 100%. Manually or EA trades.

Regards, Humax

humax:

... ...

I have one request David. Could you find some spare time and make a slim verion of V12. A version that you can decide to go long or short when you turn the EA on. This way, one can choose a direction to trade. (or 2 by using 2 charts.) Turn off again when you're done.

The reason is that the EA now is unpredictable. You can't stear the direction when you switch it on and if you use 2 charts to hedge, it can both go the same direction sometimes.

We can't control the market, but at least we can try to control our tradings 100%. Manually or EA trades.

Regards, Humax

Mate,

I've worked on the hedge situation. Basically by putting the EA up on 2 charts, you can choose to use Goblin BiPolar. Its similar to what you're saying. Now, the major issue is, we cant decide when to unhedge, when to take a loss rather then let the loss run until margin call. I appreciate those people over Gob thread working hard, credits to bluto, xxsDavidxx, alassio. They're still the best contributor and so far never give up on hedge issue. But they still havent find out the proper way to unhedge. So, I better save my time to work on position trading. V12_Vantage, I'll put it a side 1st. Until we have better solution, I will not touch hedging.

2ndly, the V12 is meant for agressive trading. You can find out how I setup the panel, Agressive_mode always true. If you want a proper direction when you start up the EA, place the Agressive_Mode=false prior trading. It will look into the trend to decide which way to go. Talking about after escalation, this EA works best during escalation 2~4. It can automatically close position. Very handy. Once it closed positions, it will look at the MACD and continue open order based on the current market trend. Basically V12 already done its best job.

Now, why I came out with a different version rather then sticking to the winner.

1. I tried to make V12 to work with smaller account, seems the MM have a major issue. If I work with smaller account, the bail option will collapse. It will become no longer efficient while market make a trending. Just like the past FOMC. I can see most of the martingale system down by the 100pips non retrace movement. I'm at long, Humax was short. And we finally meet up on the second day. We close position at the same time and reopen short position. For me, I can see nothing wrong over there. Just leave V12 as it is. The code is seriously tied up with all the variables. If I make a revision on that, I would rather reconstruct everything. And I guess its gonna take me another month to complete it.

2. V12 bascially is the better version of 10point3, nothing much to brag of. But now, I've made another version with even more detail trend indicator. It trade on the trend, and also trade on the hesitation. Running with trailing stop if it need. Look carefully on the backtest statement. It trail though. Maximize profit on the 1st and 2nd level escalation. Know how to bail after 3rd escalation. I cant think of any solution better then this at the moment.

3. RB26DETT works with 3 different type of account. Incase some of you guys have live account with those broker who not allow 0.01lot. It works with 0.10lot. If you guys are trading with FXDD, it will allow 10cent/pip for the trading of 0.01lot. And, the most important changes is, now, it even works with 0.01lot on micro account, which is 1cent/pip. I guess this is what you guys want. All these mentioned feature canot be implement with V12. So, for me, V12 is a waste of time at the moment, because I still dont dare to plug it on my bigger account.

Regards

David

sadaloma:
Not sure that you will have all of the team posting here. To be certain if all of them are still following the thread, why don't we ask for people who didn't vote yes contribute by voting no? make sense?

Yup. I'm closing my vote soon. If not enough vote to continue, I'll recontruct a new team. Since the old team not much of them are following the thread. As you can see, only about 10 out of 30 are doing their job. Seriously, this is frustrating. Seems only few of us are working out. I'm going to close shop soon. This could be my final project in TSD. And I started to think, those thing that you got it for FREE, you're not going to appreciate it. For those new poster, I'm sorry I'm not going to give you a chance to have my EA. I have experience this previously. They give billions of promises that they will start posting. They give billions of excuses saying how good they are. Some even send me their backtest result talking about how cool their system is. I mean, come on! Why you want to improve my EA since your's is full of potential? Where is the forward testing results?! I will be very strict this time. 1 person, 1 account. With limitation of time only. Until we decide that EA is good for live account, all the contributor will get a copy with unlimited usage on 1 account. No negotiate. Those who try to pull a fast track on my EA. I will not let them have even a sigle penny make from my EA.

Regards

David

jimmyking:
Hi David,

Mate, I've found the Holy Grail as mentioned by you. But not really fascinating. Max Trade 8, Stoploss 100. Its curve fitting. As I always mentioned. Its a con job. I'm trying to make a 7 years backtest for you. I'm not trying to prove anything. Just trying to tell you, holy grail only existing in the history. I'm seeing more opportunity in the future, not the past data. Thank you for reminding my those beutiful history data. Indeed, it was a challenge for all kind of EA on that particular period. Cheers

Regards

David

I vote to start the next as well. I've been posting my V12 results regularly, but had a hard drive problem this week on the computer that was running it. I'll have that fixed today. V-12 has been great for me the entire time, right up until FOMC. I had it on both 30M and 15M TFs, and both were short before FOMC. As I understand it, testers who were on H1 TF were long before FOMC and did much better.

Reason: