Martingale EA - page 11

Wolfe,

Any idea why the trades stop? It cuts off about 16:10 GMT. Thanks, LCFX

Files:
noname.bmp  962 kb

lcfxtrader:
Wolfe, Any idea why the trades stop? It cuts off about 16:10 GMT. Thanks, LCFX

I'm more frustrated than you about this, believe me. I will work on the problem.

Sorry for the frustration.

wolfe...attaboy

wolfe:
I'm not sure why you are having these problems. You're right, there HAS to be something done to stop these things from happening. I do have a few ideas to try, but they will take a little time.

Sorry for your frustration. Sometimes these EA's can be tricky working out ALL the bugs. You have to account for all situations, many you don't think

First thing I will do is have it print a GetLastError() if an Ordersend() command fails. This will be a start in getting to the bottom of some of the problems. Also need to save ticket info as global variables. I think these ideas could solve the problem.

I'll work on the problems.

We believe in you Wolfe. Are you also running this on an IBFX demo account?

As promised, here are results since Jan. 14th.

I'm using:

5 period MA on 15M

0.1 lot size

no increment

12 pip grid

.01 TP.

I'd like to see lot sizing based on MM.

Files:
tfx_2.gif  66 kb

ElectricSavant:
wolfe...attaboy

I am currently coding EA so that if there is an error in the Ordersend() command it will get the error, print it, wait 5 seconds, and then re-try sending the Ordersend() command up to 5 times. This will help if the trade context is busy, or not responding. We should also know why it didn't execute.

I want to take a little time, and make sure this gets done right. So be patient.

awesome wolfe...I am not in any hurry...I am sure the others are not too...It's better to release your work after you test it and then we can dig deeper if you wish...

try to use IBFX if you can in your tests...

ES

wolfe:
I am currently coding EA so that if there is an error in the Ordersend() command it will get the error, print it, wait 5 seconds, and then re-try sending the Ordersend() command up to 5 times. This will help if the trade context is busy, or not responding. We should also know why it didn't execute. I want to take a little time, and make sure this gets done right. So be patient.

lcfxtrader:
We believe in you Wolfe. Are you also running this on an IBFX demo account?

Thanks for the vote of confidence Icfx. I am a self-taught programmer. Two years ago I knew nothing about coding, trading, or forex.

Yes, I will test on an IBFX account.

WNW:
As promised, here are results since Jan. 14th.

I'm using:

5 period MA on 15M

0.1 lot size

no increment

12 pip grid

.01 TP.

I'd like to see lot sizing based on MM.

Thanks for testing and sharing your results. At least it looks like you made some profit. Have you had any execution problems like the others?

Once I get the other problems under control I'll add MM option. The way this EA operates I assume the MM you envision would base lot size of the first trade in the cycle on account balance?

ElectricSavant:
I am frustrated. I trade with IBFX...There are so many little problems with the order...like I just got a requote and that shuts down TFX...no more progressions. I have had to manually close TFX 100% of the time during these day's of testing from the very beginning until now, as while I am waiting for the progression there is always a little something that happens with an order error....

It's a shame, because the 0.01 lot increment is invincible....but the trade is longer in duration and can last over 24 hrs....with constant monitoring/execution by the EA.

why does the EA stop?..when there is an order interupption. Can't we beat IBFX at their own game?

wolfe, I know its a lot of work...but you got to direct the EA to interact with a text file...so that there is not an interupption...and so we can reboot our computers in the middle of a trade, when needed. The EA must be able to pick right back up where it left off.

I must stop testing now, until I here from you wolfe....also i need to know...am I the only one with this problem...anybody?

ES

I'm not sure why you are having these problems. You're right, there HAS to be something done to stop these things from happening. I do have a few ideas to try, but they will take a little time.

Sorry for your frustration. Sometimes these EA's can be tricky working out ALL the bugs. You have to account for all situations, many you don't think about until they come up in FORWARD testing.

First thing I will do is have it print a GetLastError() if an Ordersend() command fails. This will be a start in getting to the bottom of some of the problems. Also need to save ticket info as global variables. I think these ideas could solve the problem.

I'll work on the problems.

Reason: