10points 3.mq4 - page 190

davidke20:
Good. Atleast you found something you needed. For me, I'm still trading it conservatively with traditional setups

Ah.... but my line is smoother

FutureMillionaire?:

LOL LOL LOL... you want smooth backtest result?! LOL sure. wipe my arse 1st. LOL I'll prepare you a spoon. So you can eat my arse. nah, I'm just kidding. I know you're hard working. As I told you, V12 is not a backtestable EA. So, even you have good backtest result, the settings canot be work. For 10point3, I really dont quite know how good it is. Let me quickly run a smooth backtest for you.

Regards

David

davidke20:
V12 is not a backtestable EA.

Is any EA? I know the reservations voiced about backtesting, but watching the backtest running, it seems to do all the right things ... and the real thing is doing the same ... so I'm not sure where (or when) it's going to fall apart.

I'm only working with small numbers .. and the Max Trades is only 4, so I figured it's a safer bet than the 8 I was running with 10points3_dynamic_stop. That one was making me sweat ... I'd only been running with it a little while, and it hit 8 trades too often for my ticker to cope with.

It's got to be a better option than my manual trading. I was long, today, on EURJPY, when it decided to go south

Regards,

Ray.

Do you know why V12_Beta2 still not available? This is the backtest & guess what happened to 1 of my sub account running it for 4 days?!

Regards

David

Files:
backtest.zip  227 kb

davidke20:
Do you know why V12_Beta2 still not available? This is the backtest & guess what happened to 1 of my sub account running it for 4 days?!

Regards

David

By the way, backtest uses 100 as start up capital. My sub account is getting transfered fund 2000 from my main account.

Regards

David

davidke20:

Regards

David

Your backtest .....

looks remarkably similar to your Miracle 6 ... posted on 3rd January !

FutureMillionaire?:
Your backtest .....

looks remarkably similar to your Miracle 6 ... posted on 3rd January !

Dude. I wrote those EAs, they have the very similar equity curve. You want more, I'll show you more equity curve. And they almost sharing the same shape.

Regards

David

edited: I've decided not to share anymore backtest or forward test.

I think V12 is good enough. Just need to start trading at the right moment with the right settings.

All we need to do is keep testing and fix the bugs if we find it.

Unfortunately, I can't help much with that.

When it comes to programming, anything beyond "Hello World" is too much for me to handle

All I can do is testing with different settings. Forward and backward.

But I can't backtest V12 using tickdata to get 99% accuracy, so only forward testing is left.

Very encouraging to see all those profitable forward testing

humax:
I think V12 is good enough. Just need to start trading at the right moment with the right settings.

All we need to do is keep testing and fix the bugs if we find it.

Unfortunately, I can't help much with that.

When it comes to programming, anything beyond "Hello World" is too much for me to handle

All I can do is testing with different settings. Forward and backward.

But I can't backtest V12 using tickdata to get 99% accuracy, so only forward testing is left.

Very encouraging to see all those profitable forward testing

I'm glad you enjoying. There is 1 more tip for you to test them out, I mean if you have extra platform to do it. I would suggest we test simultaneously with TP25, Pipstep25; TP18,Pipstep18; TP50,Pipstep50 as well. SecureProfit, maintain at 1, dont care about the AccountBalance. We might see the account sustain for a longer period too. I'm sure Martingale based EA is going to blowup someday, but I took the initiave to make profit before it blowup. I personally dont belive that trading with compound regularly without withdrawal, because 1 day we are going to take a hit. Just make sure even the account dented, we still have backup funds to refund the account and continue make money. Since last thanksgiving took a big hit on all the accounts. I'm currently up 400%. And most of the profit already withdrawed and part of them already diversify to sub account for furthur testing. And I'm not playing the fool. I do withdraw. Better safe then sorry. Yesterday transfer about 300 bucks to another sub account. No GIF...too ugly to show it due to fund transfer

Regards

David

Files:
sub.htm  205 kb

yeoeleven:
I don't want to quote from myself but it is obvious that members are not looking back to follow the thread. John

LOL... they're smarter than I was because if I didn't spend the week it took to to throughly read, study, download and test all the material in this thread from beginning to end including all sub threads without peeking ahead, I would have made the time frame cut and have been included in the test of V12. But because I did the right and honerable thing, I am now paying for it. Moral of the story, nicest guys always finish last. Now that I've learned that lesson, next time I run across a thread that interests me, I'll start from the most recent posted page and move backwards like Everyone else.

N2

Reason: