10points 3.mq4 - page 192

large selection

Hello yeoleven, davidke & and other testers ,

I have read the last posts and i have seen that you tried alot of versions with different settings. I want to know which one is the best settings and the version?

10 points3, 10points dynamicstop,10points dynamicstop-RMI,10pointsV12?

and where can i get V12?

What you can recomment to use in a 500$-1000$ Account on IBFX.?

Would be nice if anyone post his version and the settings for me start testing.

For which Version is your settings in Post #1909 @ davidke?

Thanks

Regards

Best testing settings

FX_charter:
Hello yeoleven, davidke & and other testers ,

I have read the last posts and i have seen that you tried alot of versions with different settings. I want to know which one is the best settings and the version?

10 points3, 10points dynamicstop,10points dynamicstop-RMI,10pointsV12?

and where can i get V12?

What you can recomment to use in a 500$-1000$ Account on IBFX.?

Would be nice if anyone post his version and the settings for me start testing.

For which Version is your settings in Post #1909 @ davidke?

Thanks

Regards

Hi FX_charter,

The position regarding testing V12 has been covered on page #188 post $1873

As far as looking up previous settings for EA versions that I am no longer testing I would prefer to give you information on the more recent testing.

Page 189 post #1884 has the latest detailed statement from my Combo account which has been continuously trading since 18th Feb. Further information can be found on page #145 post #1447.

This account was started on a $1870 demo account using .1 unit settings and I would recomend using it as is with any broker allowing .01 settings.

John

davidke20:
This is the backtest & guess what happened to 1 of my sub account running it for 4 days?!

I've just been wondering. The concerns about backtesting seem to be that it can show wonderful results .. that are not reflected in forward tests/real trading.

Does it ever show awful results... only to find that in reality, it's a real money spinner? Probably not.

My point is .. Even though most of you dismiss backtests as a waste of time, I would suggest that it's still probably a reasonable way of sifting through ideas and discarding those that are non-starters. Those that survive the backtests, can at least be forward tested to see if they do, in fact, show promise.

USA Interest Rates

USA Interest Rates (FOMC).This is one of the main news announcements of the month second to the Non Farm Payroll(NFP) and anyone testing a martingale EA should be aware of it's existence and when it occurs.

My concern was with NorthFinance V12 testing it was short and when I checked on it a few minutes before the announcement it was in a zero position, fortunately I closed it off manually because a few minutes later the EURUSD rapidly gained 80 pips long. The account may have survived especially since a retracement occurred prior to the market going long again but better to have avoided the hassle.

The Neuimex V12 account was into the third progression long and I expected the move to be long so I gambled on that occurring, so all was well and the V12 closed out for the first time this week. Both were set Aggressive true just before the announcement to avoid a continuance in any wrong direction.

The Combo account was closed off in profit prior to the announcement to avoid potential problems in that account.

None of my accounts had floating balances so I have posted the GIFs indicating the balance/Equity curves. The V12 accounts started on the 4th March NF using MM and Neuimex using .01. Combo started on the 18th Feb

using .1 unit

John

Files:
v12nf11.gif  5 kb
combo18.gif  6 kb
v12nexxt8.gif  6 kb

Hi all,

I traversed the post, but I did not find V12_Beta.mq4

Can you divide again it?

Thanks

(sory for my poor english...

Testing V12

Imperatorfr:
Hi all,

I traversed the post, but I did not find V12_Beta.mq4

Can you divide again it?

Thanks

(sory for my poor english...

The position regarding testing V12 has been covered on page #188 post $1873

John

yeoeleven:
USA Interest Rates (FOMC).This is one of the main news announcements of the month second to the Non Farm Payroll(NFP) and anyone testing a martingale EA should be aware of it's existence and when it occurs.

My concern was with NorthFinance V12 testing it was short and when I checked on it a few minutes before the announcement it was in a zero position, fortunately I closed it off manually because a few minutes later the EURUSD rapidly gained 80 pips long. The account may have survived especially since a retracement occurred prior to the market going long again but better to have avoided the hassle.

The Neuimex V12 account was into the third progression long and I expected the move to be long so I gambled on that occurring, so all was well and the V12 closed out for the first time this week. Both were set Aggressive true just before the announcement to avoid a continuance in any wrong direction.

The Combo account was closed off in profit prior to the announcement to avoid potential problems in that account.

None of my accounts had floating balances so I have posted the GIFs indicating the balance/Equity curves. The V12 accounts started on the 4th March NF using MM and Neuimex using .01. Combo started on the 18th Feb

using .1 unit

John

ahem... beside grandpa, any survivors?

Regards

David

10point3 hedged performed very well for almost 2 weeks but today it had to give it all back+interest. Over 8k was not enough to trade 4 pairs using 0.1 lot.

V12 is on the right track again. Consider it got margin called last time, it now has enough money to withstand the big movement of today. Looks like 20k should be enough to trade 3 pairs 0.1 lot.

My conclusion sofar is that these EA can make money very fast if you pick the right time to enter. Should you pick a bad time, you lose money even faster.

I seem to choose the wrong time over and over again for my live account......

Files:
v12.zip  20 kb

humax:
10point3 hedged performed very well for almost 2 weeks but today it had to give it all back+interest. Over 8k was not enough to trade 4 pairs using 0.1 lot.

V12 is on the right track again. Consider it got margin called last time, it now has enough money to withstand the big movement of today. Looks like 20k should be enough to trade 3 pairs 0.1 lot.

My conclusion sofar is that these EA can make money very fast if you pick the right time to enter. Should you pick a bad time, you lose money even faster.

I seem to choose the wrong time over and over again for my live account......

As I mentioned before, focus dude. 1 pair/ platform only! No point you seeing so much action and endup giving up the account. I wish good luck, because you're trying your luck instead of calling it a trading.

Regards

David

humax:

Did you see me trading with 4 pairs? I started my account from 5.9k with lot size of 0.10lot with EURUSD only.

Regards

David

Reason: