10points 3.mq4 - page 184

FutureMillionaire?:
I'm on IBFX, 1:200. Does that make much of a difference? Ray

Hurray! You got it. 1:500, both us have the same starting capital.

10k for 1:200 => 20lots

10k for 1:500 => 50lots

I guess you got stucked in the middle and unable to close trade. If you insist to run it with 1:200, you'll need to tone down the risk and adjust the InitialStop furthur.

Regards,

David

davidke20:
Hurray! You got it.

Hey ... steady on! I'm still learning here.

I don't insist on it. That's the default setting. I've tried demos with other leverage, and couldn't see the difference (apart from the margins needed).

I know the leverage is shown when you open the account ... but where is it shown in the program .. once you're running?

Ray

Ray,

Here you go. The 1st thing on trading, know your leverage. Do not risk whatever you cant afford to lose. Since we're trading, we've nothing to lose. Am I right?! LOL Here's a combination for you, actually you're the 1 suppose to come out with the solution, and now turn myself around to give you solution.LOL

MaxTrade=5

mm=1

risk=1

SecureProfit=10

InitialStop=55 ( Thanks to mrtools)

The above setting should work. And, dont listen to me blindly, I dont know the EA as well as you guys. I'm a coder, not a player. Check it out and feed me.

Regards

David

davidke20:
Ray,

Here you go. The 1st thing on trading, know your leverage. Do not risk whatever you cant afford to lose. Since we're trading, we've nothing to lose. Am I right?! LOL Here's a combination for you, actually you're the 1 suppose to come out with the solution, and now turn myself around to give you solution.LOL

MaxTrade=5

mm=1

risk=1

SecureProfit=10

InitialStop=55 ( Thanks to mrtools)

The above setting should work. And, dont listen to me blindly, I dont know the EA as well as you guys. I'm a coder, not a player. Check it out and feed me.

Regards

David

Thanks. I'll set that running on a demo, and see how it goes.

....but I still don't know where the leverage is shown .. on an already running account.

Ray

FutureMillionaire?:
Thanks. I'll set that running on a demo, and see how it goes.

....but I still don't know where the leverage is shown .. on an already running account.

Ray

errmmm... I dont know either...:p I oftenly switch my account to max leverage normally. every once in awhile I transfer fund from the main to open up new sub account, immediately I instructed the account department to max leverage my account. and, too bad, they dont allow 1:100 anymore when the account size up to 100k

Regards,

David

davidke20:
actually you're the 1 suppose to come out with the solution,

...I'm trying.

At this moment, I'm running backtests on my trippling idea, with all the different pairs. I've shown EURUSD works reasonably well, but GBPUSD doesn't. It seems to depend on the volatility. I'm looking for a pair that has a choppy characteristic (to trigger trades), but doesn't tend to have the big moves, (that take you to max trades).

Early results would suggest that pairs without USD in them, perform better.

Regards,

Ray

FutureMillionaire?:
...I'm trying.

At this moment, I'm running backtests on my trippling idea, with all the different pairs. I've shown EURUSD works reasonably well, but GBPUSD doesn't. It seems to depend on the volatility. I'm looking for a pair that has a choppy characteristic (to trigger trades), but doesn't tend to have the big moves, (that take you to max trades).

Early results would suggest that pairs without USD in them, perform better.

Regards,

Ray

I'm glad you're doing the work. If you dont mind, I have a request. Please check with pip=25, take profit=25, and bigger figure also. may be 50 or 75, even 100. once you get a smooth equity curve, increase the take profit level to see the optimized curve fitting result. If you have the time, run it on optimize mode. Check the column with margin level. That would enable the backtest to be more realistic. As I mentioned early when I distribute V12, backtest aint really help. I've done backtest to the recent month I go through with forward testing. the backtest blew up few times, where the forward testing still surviving. its a live EA. I'm not putting much hope and rely on the backtest though

Regards

David

hi guys,i am new here. I have tried to find V12 but could not locate it, anyone could show me where to get it? tq.

V12

yan7181:
hi guys,i am new here. I have tried to find V12 but could not locate it, anyone could show me where to get it? tq.

When we first offered V12 to this thread we requested members to contact us (davidke20 and yeoeleven) to be added to a group for testing. The group filled to the number we needed for testing then we closed it.

If we need to make modification to V12 we may request further nominations and only send the new version to those who have contributed to it's refinement thus allowing room for new testers.

David is the programmer and it is up to him when any new release is made but he currently is working on an improvement to allow hedging in some situations (V12_vantage) and make it more friendly in mini accounts using MM.

John

davidke20:
Please check with pip=25, take profit=25

Doesn't the TP have to be bigger than the Pip setting (on doubling), or else multiple trades would lose on the spread? That's why I thought of trippling, as a way to claw back that loss with small TP settings.

Ray

Reason: