2008 - EA Project. - page 3

Kamper,

I have asked for information about the project because of 2 things:

1) I worked on a lot of projects for free and after all it was not as good as the enthusiasm of the project starter. I've also seen projects where the main idea is "let's try something..." which is totaly wrong. Everything should have been tested and retested manualy, each detail of the system has to be known before project start. Some people even change their mind after seeing something doesn't work as expected, this thing sohuld never happen, everything has to be known in detail before start. (Also wanted to check if you know all the details)

2) I can code for a living. If i work for free is because or i feel pleasure working with someone/on something or the pot is double/triple than working for money. Is exactly the same as placing an order where you take care to have rr 3/1,2/1.... This is the way forex works: "don't give the bird you have in your hand for the bird on the wall".

I'm still interested but if you can not give more information i will pass. I'm not going blind in trading, not going blind anywhere else. The equity curve doesn't impress me. I have a lot of EA's that can do the same but still not winners...

Hope you understand my reasons.

Thanks, Victor

Talk about equity curve, because I mention about it before, that doesn't impress me either. It's only to tell that they aren't start for nothing. My EA has a very nice curve during backtesting but now it has very big drawdown on live test, and it's backtest on the same period shows nearly the same.

Wayne,

I think this is a wrong approach trying to find a reasonable programmer here in TSD by opening a public thread. Look at those post. Both party are wasting their own time, either you or the POTENTIAL PARTICIPANT.

Regards

David

p/s: This EA doesn't gone through any curve fit process. The TP/SL/TS are predetermined during early stage of coding. It only went through a few backtest on VISUAL MODE for debug and indicator verifying purpose so far. We're working on the trading discretion instead of finding a good TP/SL. By the way, that is not a backtest result!

Files:
271107.gif  6 kb
271107.htm  185 kb

Just hire codersguru

If you need a coder..

why don't you try to hire codersguru he has good reputations.

Sorry, no offense but This thread is useless..

Pj

primajaya:
If you need a coder..

why don't you try to hire codersguru he has good reputations.

Sorry, no offense but This thread is useless..

Pj

Wayne,

See what am I sayin?! They have no fcukin clue what are we talking about here.

Regards

David

Well David, in case u misunderstand me or something. I have nothing against your equity curve, nor I want to compare mine with yours. I've heard many people ask others to create a group to create a system from nothing before, they think with more peoples involve, the system is more reliable. It just doesn't make any sense for me. If there's a good system already, and programmers are needed to make it better, that's a different story.

If not, please ignore this post. My interest is just working with another programmers to improve my skill while at the same time the others will get the same benefit from me.

Regards

scott TTM:
2 things here.

1. To ES - any good system will be able to adjust in real time to a trending versus ranging market. If it doesn't, it's only a matter of time before the bomb goes off.

2. To Aquilez - you are asking people to freely give away their work for your benefit. What gets me is that people think they should be given things because they are members of a "forum" and for the benefit of the "forum" that things should be freely passed around. It's totally ludicrious to think that, and is an insult to anyone in the trading world who has "made it."

BTW, Wayne, are you Wayne Gibbous on ET?

Hi Scott

Thanks for the support there and the insight, my thoughts exactly, but I just was going to ignore those posts. :-)

No, not the same Wayne, sorry.

zmax:
Kamper,

I have asked for information about the project because of 2 things:

1) I worked on a lot of projects for free and after all it was not as good as the enthusiasm of the project starter. I've also seen projects where the main idea is "let's try something..." which is totaly wrong. Everything should have been tested and retested manualy, each detail of the system has to be known before project start. Some people even change their mind after seeing something doesn't work as expected, this thing sohuld never happen, everything has to be known in detail before start. (Also wanted to check if you know all the details)

2) I can code for a living. If i work for free is because or i feel pleasure working with someone/on something or the pot is double/triple than working for money. Is exactly the same as placing an order where you take care to have rr 3/1,2/1.... This is the way forex works: "don't give the bird you have in your hand for the bird on the wall".

I'm still interested but if you can not give more information i will pass. I'm not going blind in trading, not going blind anywhere else. The equity curve doesn't impress me. I have a lot of EA's that can do the same but still not winners...

Hope you understand my reasons.

Thanks, Victor

Hi Victor

I understand 100% and respect your views and by the same token hope that you respect mine?

I have three strategies out there that have been coded with all good intentions and many promises by various coders and yet I do not have a final version of any of them. What happened to the promises?

I am not going to go into any detail here, enough has been said already, suffice to say that I will not part with any more of my experience or strategies without getting to know someone a little better first.

Thanks

Wayne

Devil2000:
Talk about equity curve, because I mention about it before, that doesn't impress me either. It's only to tell that they aren't start for nothing. My EA has a very nice curve during backtesting but now it has very big drawdown on live test, and it's backtest on the same period shows nearly the same.

Just out of interest;

1) I do not backtest.

2) I do not waste time with Demo accounts.

3) I forward test on LIVE accounts with real money, albeit Micro accounts with IBFX.

4) I trade forex for a living, I DO NOT have the time, nor the money, for invalid results.

Cheers

Wayne

davidke20:
Wayne,

I think this is a wrong approach trying to find a reasonable programmer here in TSD by opening a public thread. Look at those post. Both party are wasting their own time, either you or the POTENTIAL PARTICIPANT.

Regards

David

p/s: This EA doesn't gone through any curve fit process. The TP/SL/TS are predetermined during early stage of coding. It only went through a few backtest on VISUAL MODE for debug and indicator verifying purpose so far. We're working on the trading discretion instead of finding a good TP/SL. By the way, that is not a backtest result!

Hi David

I have edited the first thread, hopefully ND will delete this thread and put an end to this dicussion, I for one do not have the will to continue with it?

See you on the other forum. :-)

Cheers

Wayne

Reason: