10points 3.mq4 - page 186

V12

Here are the forward testing results of V12.

Not bad, but would be great if it hasn't gone down twice

humax:
Here are the forward testing results of V12. Not bad, but would be great if it hasn't gone down twice

Margin call bring it down

so: 99.6%/9146.1/9183.3 at ticket 7347244

&

so: 98.7%/12394.4/12556.3 at ticket 7494837

SO=StopOut due to marin below 100%, low leverage kill my EA!

Regards

David

humax:
...It was supposed to hedge...

Why suppose to hedge? Why dint you follow the instruction? Why did you put it on live account before you make run a test with your account size on demo? I begin to worry. Please stop this. This is nuts. If you keep on doing this, you'll destroy my reputation. People will think I build rubbish EA to kill other's account.

Regards

David

davidke20:
Why suppose to hedge? Why dint you follow the instruction? Why did you put it on live account before you make run a test with your account size on demo? I begin to worry. Please stop this. This is nuts. If you keep on doing this, you'll destroy my reputation. People will think I build rubbish EA to kill other's account.

Regards

David

Sorry if I have offended you David. I never meant to.

As I said before, your EA is very good and I love it.

But sometimes I just don't understand.

Here is a picture. usdjpy hedged perfectly, but I am lost with audusd.

This is a 50k account and there was never a margincall I believe.

Since I don't understand the code, I don't know what causes this.

This is not to destroy your reputation, but just trying to understand why.

Don't worry.

Files:
usdjpy.png  84 kb
audusd.gif  19 kb

humax:
Sorry if I have offended you David. I never meant to.

As I said before, your EA is very good and I love it.

But sometimes I just don't understand.

Here is a picture. usdjpy hedged perfectly, but I am lost with audusd.

This is a 50k account and there was never a margincall I believe.

Since I don't understand the code, I don't know what causes this.

This is not to destroy your reputation, but just trying to understand why.

Don't worry.

Dude, hedge is not going to work with V12, because the open position rule is too decisive compare to original 10point3. It will screw you up. If you wanto play with hedge, get the 10point3 original EA to play with it. Hedge need more codes than you think. The code that I built so far is almost 30kb on the V12 Vantage. Besides, may be you're not aware of margin call. If there is not red color on your stop loss column, then you're margin call. Right click on your history, select comment, then you'll see where the SO99%, that is your margin call. Both your live account and your demo account has it! I GUARANTEE!!! V12 has a stop loss. Unless you hit the stop loss, its no way going to lose.

Regards

David

davidke20:
V12

OK, I'm going to have to admit it. I'm really having trouble understanding what the following inputs actually do ....

Initial Stop

Trailing Stop

Secure Profit

Risk

Can you explain them to an idiot .. in words of one syllable.

Regards,

Ray

Thanks for clearing things up. I will use 10point3V1.9 for hedging.

Wait for me to post results similar to yours.

FutureMillionaire?:
OK, I'm going to have to admit it. I'm really having trouble understanding what the following inputs actually do ....

Initial Stop

Trailing Stop

Secure Profit

Risk

Can you explain them to an idiot .. in words of one syllable.

Regards,

Ray

Ray the best way to understand Initial Stop is by reading Tururo's post from page 19.

No problem. The way this EA works is to open a new trade when the loss gets to the value of the "Pips" setting (15). It does this until you have maxtrades open and will open no more. Once you get to maxtrades, if the price continues to go against you, your losses are unlimited. The modification sets the stop point at the place where the last trade would reach the 15 pip loss point + the value of initial stop. So, for each of the orders the stops would be as follows if Pips = 15 and InitialStop = 2, MaxTrades = 5:

Let's say your first trade sells at 1.2600

1st trade stop at 1.2600 + 75 + 2 = 1.2677

2nd trade opens at 1.2615

2nd trade stops at 1.2615 + 60 + 2 = 1.2677

3rd trade opens at 1.2630

3rd trade stop at 1.2630 + 45 + 2 = 1.2677

4th trade opens at 1.2645

4th trade stop at 1.2645 + 30 + 2 = 1.2677

5th trade opens at 1.2660

5th trade stop at 1.2660 + 15 + 2 = 1.2677

So when the price gets to 1.2677 all trades closed out at the stop loss. See yeoelevens earlier post for dollars example.

In practice the stops will vary by a few pips.

Some more help will be found in the PDF file sent out with the EA and describes all the terms.

David has explained Secure Profit several times to me on Yahoo and I must admit it is still not crystal clear.

John

V12 NorthFinance

Previously posted #1817

Almost lost my account but the tide changed and even now am showing a floating loss of $17238 against a closed profit of $68105.

Very scary stuff.

Now after weathering the storm I can post my latest statement. $80195 closed profit.

I have now lifted the SecureProfit up to 900.

It is definitely easier to watch demo accounts making such huge moves.

John

Files:
v12nf9.htm  34 kb
v12nf9.gif  5 kb

Nothing like getting rich on demo huh?... so simple..

yeoeleven:
Previously posted #1817

Almost lost my account but the tide changed and even now am showing a floating loss of $17238 against a closed profit of $68105.

Very scary stuff.

Now after weathering the storm I can post my latest statement. $80195 closed profit.

I have now lifted the SecureProfit up to 900.

It is definitely easier to watch demo accounts making such huge moves.

John
Reason: