10points 3.mq4 - page 176

mrtools:
V12 made big jump today! tools

Mr.Tools, just wondering how you think about V12. Is it good enough to stick to conservative mode? Or try our luck to grow the account with Agressive_Mode=True; during live trading? Since you're the only testing with conservative mode, I really wanna know what do you think about this.

Regards,

David

davidke20:
:p my bad. I've been too focus on my development and got v12 to mix up with something else. When ever MM=1, Risk/10 will be your initial lot size. Secure profit always set to AccountBalance/100. Good luck.

Regards,

David

Okay ...

Here is my new setting :

Magic=43420

TakeProfit=28.00000000

Lots=0.10000000

InitialStop=1.00000000

TrailingStop=0.00000000

MaxTrades=7

Multiplier=2.00000000

Pips=18

AccountProtection=1

OrderstoProtect=3

SecureProfit=100

mm=1

risk=6

AccountisNormal=0

ReverseCondition=0

Fast_MA=14

Slow_MA=26

MACD_SMA=9

Shift=1

Agressive_mode=1

FromHourTrade=0

ToHourTrade=12

Now, it opens at 0.6 lot

By the way, how is the SecureProfit calculation actually? As you said that SecureProfit=AccountBalance/100, ... and mine is 10000/100, so I set the SecureProfit=100. But when I start the EA, "comment" says that SecureProfit = 59. Is it affected by MM=1 and Risk=6?

Cheers,

Another Combo Rpt

Ok, the combo has now been running about 24 hours consisting of GBPUSD (mod1e) and CHFJPY (GoblinFibo[1].2).

The report I gave this morning had it up about $260 with a couple trades working around $5. See the file below for updated profit info. Looks pretty darn good to me so far.

One thing I'm not quite getting is that the chfjpy pair is not really making that many trades and I believe it is because the pair has not been moving enough for the setting I have it at so I am thinking of changing these settings somewhat. John, if you have a moment, could you take a look and give me your opinion on how you might change the settings to get a little more action out of chfjpy?

Thanks. N2

Files:

Need2bFree:
Ok, the combo has now been running about 24 hours consisting of GBPUSD (mod1e) and CHFJPY (GoblinFibo[1].2).

The report I gave this morning had it up about $260 with a couple trades working around $5. See the file below for updated profit info. Looks pretty darn good to me so far.

One thing I'm not quite getting is that the chfjpy pair is not really making that many trades and I believe it is because the pair has not been moving enough for the setting I have it at so I am thinking of changing these settings somewhat. John, if you have a moment, could you take a look and give me your opinion on how you might change the settings to get a little more action out of chfjpy?

Thanks. N2

LOL... feels like 2 grandpa on 1 thread now. Anyway, I have no experience with mode1e, from what I observed in the code, it should work fine on the 4 majors. Those are USDJPY, EURUSD, USDCHF and bigger pip step with GBPUSD. It looks more like a anti trend system. If it kick in long, that would be pick bottom to start long. If things aint work out, it will carry out double down as Martingale tradings from the bottom ride the trend all the way up. What if it pick the wrong anti trend(correction after a trend), or better take it this way, what if the correction aint take the position to profit. The market start to carry on down trend. mode1e will start do stupid things, which is carry on open long position. You'll continue on the false signal and take the big hit(stop loss). That is what I dont like about anti trend martingale. The MACD if tuned properly, may be set it as FEMA=28, SEMA=62, Signal=18, that will change the entire system become a trend friendly signals. Hope this help.

Regards,

David

Mr.Tools, just wondering how you think about V12. Is it good enough to stick to conservative mode? Or try our luck to grow the account with Agressive_Mode=True; during live trading? Since you're the only testing with conservative mode, I really wanna know what do you think about this.

Regards,

David

David yeah I agree had switched to agression=true Mon. had changed to false during NFP, this is only on eur/usd, on the other majors agression =false, is what I have been using. On eur it is kicking butt on "true "currently on another winning trade.Can't decide to go with aggression = true on the other majors.

Regards

tools

Chfjpy

Need2bFree:

Thanks. N2

I have rarely traded chfjpy so I have no particular knowledge of it's fluctuations, but if the trade opens and then takes hours to complete it may suggest that a smaller PipStep and smaller TakeProfit may help. It could be that chfjpy lacks the volatility to be a good pair for Goblin.

Good to see that the Combo is working for you. Mine is climbing back and now has +$611 closed with -$1.8 floating.

John

This will play havoc with the EAs.

In this instance, I was manual trading, just waiting for one more pip ... with my finger on the sell button ... when suddenly, it went from a 2 pip spread, up to a 6 pip spread. (still won though )

Your thoughts help alot and I appreciate your MACD advice.

I will try those settings on another test run after I'm finished with this one.

I think I neglected to report that I am running this combo on a 15 min chart which may make some difference. Also I am running the "close at too much loss" set at $300. I'm really interested to see how it ends up.

Thanks so much for your help.

N2

davidke20:
LOL... feels like 2 grandpa on 1 thread now. Anyway, I have no experience with mode1e, from what I observed in the code, it should work fine on the 4 majors. Those are USDJPY, EURUSD, USDCHF and bigger pip step with GBPUSD. It looks more like a anti trend system. If it kick in long, that would be pick bottom to start long. If things aint work out, it will carry out double down as Martingale tradings from the bottom ride the trend all the way up. What if it pick the wrong anti trend(correction after a trend), or better take it this way, what if the correction aint take the position to profit. The market start to carry on down trend. mode1e will start do stupid things, which is carry on open long position. You'll continue on the false signal and take the big hit(stop loss). That is what I dont like about anti trend martingale. The MACD if tuned properly, may be set it as FEMA=28, SEMA=62, Signal=18, that will change the entire system become a trend friendly signals. Hope this help.

Regards,

David

LOOOOOOOOOL how bout grampa and 1/2..... looooool

yeoeleven:
It could be that chfjpy lacks the volatility to be a good pair for Goblin.

Yes! this is exactly what I'm saying. CHFJPY is a little to low in volatility for my settings and I don't have the experience (or the indicator descriptions) to be able to figure out how to adjust them.

I will take your advice and adjust PipStop and TakeProfit on the CHFJPY pair. I think there may be something good going on here.

yeoeleven:

Good to see that the Combo is working for you. Mine is climbing back and now has +$611 closed with -$1.8 floating.

John

Alright! Don't ya just love that cha_ching cha_ching sound?

One more thing, I am working on putting a somewhat comprehensive list of News Announcments and corresponding volitilities for most (if not all) of them. I should be completed with this in a couple of days. Maybe this will help us at least know when to pull the plug on these EA's and save weekly drawdowns.

Really appreciate the help!

N2

Need2bFree:
I will take your advice and adjust PipStop and TakeProfit on the CHFJPY pair. I think there may be something good going on here.

For low volatility, put it on Pips=8, TakeProfit=15, you'll see more action. Run it on M30 would be great.

Regards,

David

Reason: