10points 3.mq4 - page 85

yeoeleven:
Below are my original settings for both 10points3 and Goblin. I use the same Magic Number since I have only one EA working on the platform at any one time.

TakeProfit=20.00000000

Lots=0.01000000

InitialStop=1.00000000

TrailingStop=10.00000000

MaxTrades=10

Pips=15

SecureProfit=10

AccountProtection=0

OrderstoProtect=0

ReverseCondition=0

EURUSDPipValue=10.00000000

GBPUSDPipValue=10.00000000

USDCHFPipValue=10.00000000

USDJPYPipValue=9.71500000

StartYear=2005

StartMonth=1

EndYear=2006

EndMonth=12

EndHour=22

EndMinute=30

mm=0

risk=12

AccountisNormal=1

Magic=10201

trail stop can be 10??? i dont think all broker allow that

Notice you have AccountProtection=0, is that safe?

yeoeleven:
Below are my original settings for both 10points3 and Goblin. I use the same Magic Number since I have only one EA working on the platform at any one time.

TakeProfit=20.00000000

Lots=0.01000000

InitialStop=1.00000000

TrailingStop=10.00000000

MaxTrades=10

Pips=15

SecureProfit=10

AccountProtection=0

OrderstoProtect=0

ReverseCondition=0

EURUSDPipValue=10.00000000

GBPUSDPipValue=10.00000000

USDCHFPipValue=10.00000000

USDJPYPipValue=9.71500000

StartYear=2005

StartMonth=1

EndYear=2006

EndMonth=12

EndHour=22

EndMinute=30

mm=0

risk=12

AccountisNormal=1

Magic=10201

Trail stop

abrs70:
trail stop can be 10??? i dont think all broker allow that

TrailingStop = 0;// Pips to trail the StopLoss

That is the description of TrailingStop.

All I know is that I have been using it on various platforms and various versions of 10point3 since August and have never had a problem.

John

AccountProtection

matrixebiz:
Notice you have AccountProtection=0, is that safe?

It is all in your risk aversion, my argument is that if I decide that MaxTrades10 is my setting I want to use Maxtrades10 not have it reduced.

I used to have AccountProtect1 OrderstoProtect3 before I understood the how it worked an had a trade close off at MaxTrades7 when it would have succeeded if it had progressed up to MaxTrades10.

All my testing is done on demo accounts and by the time I go live I will have tested enough to accept the risk.

John

I don't really understand this: you have tested this system for 4 days and are going to go live with that?! I test at least for a year on backtest and at least a month on forward test.

Backtesting the jugisomething as well as 10points3dynamic_stop_v2_fibo shows no prophit...

Jugulator v1.1

I have found that on a new demo my first order closed at an 18 point loss starting with 0.01 lot size. I will find out why this happened and immediately post an updated version. Thanks for pointing that out John.

I will never claim to be perfect and that's why we're all testing these EAs.

Click on yeoeleven's username and click on "find all posts" and you will find the answer to your question, not sure but I think he has been testing this for several months. cheers

Shinigami:
I don't really understand this: you have tested this system for 4 days and are going to go live with that?! I test at least for a year on backtest and at least a month on forward test. Backtesting the jugisomething as well as 10points3dynamic_stop_v2_fibo shows no prophit...

Shinigami:
I don't really understand this: you have tested this system for 4 days and are going to go live with that?! I test at least for a year on backtest and at least a month on forward test. Backtesting the jugisomething as well as 10points3dynamic_stop_v2_fibo shows no prophit...

Posts 841 and 842 by me this morning show quite a bit of profit and at the default settings. How can people keep saying these EAs are no good? I have posted profits for the past few days with the new Jugulator and have posted profits with 10Point3 and Terminator as well and usually with standard settings and even on pairs outside of the original 4 that were recommended. I have read every single post on this thread all the way to here and see no proof that this can't and hasn't worked except for when the settings are too strict. You may need to start very small due to the amount of margin/account balance you have available but it will have a snowball effect as it picks up speed and your orders start growing with your account balance. Again, the key is to start small and reasonable and not shoot for the moon in a week. There are some issues with heading in the wrong direction currently (not always) but my demos have been profitable even with this being the case and it's largely due to my settings and not being to strict. I do intend to tweak for better direction decisions so you don't have to go so far out first but then again they aren't all doing that consistently right now and there are times when the market will move in the direction it wants to whether we think it should or not.

My intent with this is not to attack any non believers but rather draw attention to the fact that there are a lot of good posts with people getting good results. Question is why are they getting good results and what are their settings. And as for back testing goes, I am not sure that I would ever trust back testing to make a decision. I have written hundreds of scripts for Intellicharts that showed great results but never worked out well when forward tested. One major factor is lag in placing and closing orders. I don't believe you can test that backwards and really no hope that it may not affect forward testing.

goldensight:
Click on yeoeleven's username and click on "find all posts" and you will find the answer to your question, not sure but I think he has been testing this for several months. cheers

You are absolutely correct. There are several of us who have been testing these for months.

yeoeleven:
Matt,

something has gone dramatically wrong here. (Jugulatorv1.1)

The EA is taking the wrong direction and closing off after a few pips.

I have included a GIF of the trade plus a detailed statement.

I am using the following settings on a H1 timeframe.

LotSize=0.01000000

LotPrecision=1

TakeProfit=20.00000000

OrderSlippage=5

MaxOrders=10

Pips=15

LotsIncreaseBy=1.60000000

MoneyManagement=0

RiskPercent=5

AccountType=1

Magic=20061113

No doubt I have stuffed up somewhere, please analyse my results and set me straight.

John

John,

One thing I did just notice about the settings is LotPrecision=1. That should be 2 if dealing with micros/minis where you want the lotsize calculated using 2 decimal places rather than rounding to 1 place. I don't think that's the problem but that would cause the progression to take a large jump on the 2nd order since it's rounding up to 1 decimal place. I have 2 orders that closed wrong so far and 1 that hit TP starting them at 0.01 on a new demo account to isolate the possible bug. I changed my LotPrecision to 2 and I'm waiting for something to go far enough in the wrong direction to where it should open a 2nd. I will let you know what else I find out.

Thanks again for all your support.

Reason: