Firebird EA - page 11

I wish there were a way to reduce the amounts of trades it makes. because you're going to need a huge balance to counter act the 20-50 single trades it opens before it closes any.

If it could be limited to say 3-10, then one would save their account from getting blown out of the sky.

You know what, the v63G, I mean, this one works great. But there is one thing that I have noticed here. It's not even using the TrailStop. Any one know why it isn't?

Also, is there a way to limit the amount of trades it can open at any one time. I did this to the setting rather than having it set to 1000 or 5000, etc.

extern int Stoploss = 100;// total loss on all open positions in pips // modified by Renato

What I seem to notice, as the backtesting finishes (I got the data from metatrader.info and imported the data) it just closes all the trades after a perfect run (this was when I had the stop loss set at 5000).

It's a shame that it does this, because this has real potential. So as I say there is a way to limit the amount of trades it opens and also allow it to use the trailstop which it seems that it's not doing, then this would be a sure winner.. BTW.. v63G seems to be a lot better than v65 or v65tf.

I tried the 1min, 5minute and 15 minute with lousey results, but I tried 30minute with these settings for the V63G... I'm not sure if these are helpful to anyone?

Take note, it's not doing the trail stops properly in these tests, so I'm not sure if they work well in a live front testing condition.

=======

extern int MA_length = 10;

extern int MA_timeframe = 30; // hdb did I add this ? lol

extern int MAtype = 0;//0=close, 1=HL

extern double Percent = 0.1;

extern int TradeOnFriday = 0; // >0 trades on friday

extern int slip = 100;//exits only

extern double Lots = 0.1; // modified by Renato

extern int TakeProfit = 200;

extern int Stoploss = 100;// total loss on all open positions in pips // modified by Renato

extern double TrailingStop = 15;

===========

Files:

here's the 1hr, same settings as above.

Files:

My theory on this version of the EA is it works best in a SIDEWAYS market.

I noticed when I had it working last week on my LIVE account, it was very profitable, but when the market ran more then 50 PIPS in one direction and I was in some trades with this EA, it went against me big time. It did come back though.....but I had to wait it out.....bitting my nails....

hmmmmm.... what to do????

promo01:
Hi Newdigital

I am using firebird v63G. is very good result.

Best Regards

Promo01

promo,

In this version of the EA: Original_Firebird_v63G_No_Edit

What settings do you use please? If any??

thanks

E

pikachucom:
promo,

In this version of the EA: Original_Firebird_v63G_No_Edit

What settings do you use please? If any??

thanks

E

no setting I change for Original_Firebird_v63G_No_Edit

But This week is not good result

Best Regards

promo01:
no setting I change for Original_Firebird_v63G_No_Edit

But This week is not good result

Best Regards

Ouch....

Ok thanks

Hi Newdigital

Can you edit this Firebird to get Only 5% a days from margin ?? I things is good to get only 5% from margin every days ??

Best Regards

Promo01

promo01:
Hi Newdigital

Can you edit this Firebird to get Only 5% a days from margin ?? I things is good to get only 5% from margin every days ??

Best Regards

Promo01

Promo01,

Firebird is very famious EA and because of that I am testing it.

This EA is in permanent editing process during the several years already. And this permanent editing process will never be stoped. I don't want to be stucked by this editing by several years. Because it will never be stopped.

We need to create something different.

And estimate the market condition when this Firebird may be profitable.

Reason: