10points 3.mq4 - page 173

davidke20:
I came across a thread that mrtools are having an arguement with 1 of the member trying to sell 10point3 mod. And the martha farker claims that mr.tools is testing for too long period, and wanting to make a backtest without MM to prove who's version is better. I ran through a backtest with V12 on conservative mode and tight stop loss, tight pip step, this is the out come without MM. Look carefully on the starting capital and the balance after a year without MM. I think that is the purpose of backtest. No doubt, for me its still rubbish, but atleast I have some important information in my mind, I'll know what is the next step of development. If I modify my EA, what should take into consideration. I personally have 4 different folder on my desktop to collect EAs from different author and I also bought a few commercial EA(thought it would work )

Category A

A best EA did tremendous result on at least 90% and above MQ backtest and getting about half of the performance on live trading compare to backtest.

Category B

A good EA did extremely good result on at least 90% and above MQ backtest and getting less than 20% of the performance of live trading compare to backtest(this type of EA would be over optimize, and pattern recognization. NFP and FOMC will kill them) 10point3 fall in this category

Category C

A bad EA did good result on at least 90% MQ backtest because without stop loss, use this kind of trading robot on live account is a betting game!

Category OMFG (*Oh my farking god)

A worst EA did good result on Control Point only on backtest and wipe out account on the second day after you fund in your live account!

Always remember, 1 year 90% MQ backtest will not give you your proper stop loss or tp, it gives you the idea of whether your EA are coded correctly, whether the stop loss are in place, whether your money management algorithm is working fine. And would like to say that, mr.tools did a great job on 10point3 volatility mod. That is the craziest so far I've ever seen.:D I hope it works.

Regards,

David

DEAR ALL MY FRIEND,

I dont care whether you're in my team or not, I still have to warn you. Allow me to post this again. Backtesting aint really give you how the EA close trades. Below attach a graph capture from 1 of my ongoing project. It shows some crazy results on the backtest. And take a look at the 2nd graph after few months of forward test.

Regards,

David

here is the forward testing result, you can make a comparison between both of them.

Regards,

David

edited: now I look into my account... I feel like I'm a fool...

Files:
forward.gif  25 kb

Toccata:
FutureMillionaire - Max Trades = 4 (no protection), Pips = 20, TakeProfit = 10. Multiplier = 3.

I don't think these numbers will work from a pure mathematically perspective:

Price Lots Total Break-Even

1.9500 0.01 0.01 1.9500

-20 1.9480 0.03 0.04 1.9485

-40 1.9460 0.09 0.13 1.9468

-60 1.9440 0.27 0.40 1.9449

-80 1.9420 0.81 1.21 1.9430

-100 1.9400 2.43 3.64 1.9410

These do not include spread so even on the first level when you add 0.03 lots and then allow a spread of say 3pips, you are making 2 pips. All the rest and you are in negative territory so what's the point?

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

Here is the backtest I did. (the forward test, on a $3000 account, is already standing at $3124 after one day)

FutureMillionaire?:
(the forward test, on a $3000 account, is already standing at $3124 after one day)

I spoke too soon. It just ticked up to $3144

robp:
Just set a chart up exactly like you want, then save it as a template.

Not sure if this was answered for you correctly yet but instead of just saving it as a template, if you want to have the option of quickly accessing the exact same chart with all your indicators simply by clicking on the green plus sign (upper left) and chosing whatever new pairs you want and having them instantly templated automatically, all you need to do is save using the name "default". Then when you choose a new pair, that pair will instantly be setup as whatever chart pattern you saved into the name "default"...

This is really cool, you'll like it!

N2

Need2bFree:
Not sure if this was answered for you correctly yet but instead of just saving it as a template, if you want to have the option of quickly accessing the exact same chart with all your indicators simply by clicking on the green plus sign (upper left) and chosing whatever new pairs you want and having them instantly templated automatically, all you need to do is save using the name "default". Then when you choose a new pair, that pair will instantly be setup as whatever chart pattern you saved into the name "default"...

This is really cool, you'll like it!

N2

No, that didn't work for me. Even when saved as "default", any new chart opened comes up in that horrible green on black! (I can't imagine why they set that up as the default ... does anybody actually like that?)

I'm quite happy with the template solution. It only takes a second to apply it to any chart I want.

Ray

FutureMillionaire?:
I spoke too soon. It just ticked up to $3144

$3154 now.

Did you save your pretty chart under the name "default"? If you did then when you pick any new pair it will come up exactly that way. If it does not then you have a problem with your platform. In any case, I'm glad that your happy with your methods even if it is redundant.

N2

FutureMillionaire?:
No, that didn't work for me. Even when saved as "default", any new chart opened comes up in that horrible green on black! (I can't imagine why they set that up as the default ... does anybody actually like that?)

I'm quite happy with the template solution. It only takes a second to apply it to any chart I want.

Ray

David, I hope that was not a live account.

90% quality is not to be trusted at all. I found that out after forward testing and compare it with backtesting over the same period. Over and over again. Even with breakout strategies, it is not accurate enough.

That's why I have my old server up and running collection tickdata and forward testing different EA's.

After each month I will try to compare the backtest of 99% quality with the real trades.

I do expect some improvement compared to the 90%, but I won't expect identical trades because in real the spread changes during newsreleases and slippage, while backtesting won't have those.

Combo account

Well finally it had to happen. Both EAs were on the wrong side of recent moves and both had losing progressions at the same time.

Still in profit for the exercise but not enough to be happy about.

Oh well back to the drawing boards Mod1e caused the most damage losing $778.4 with a progression of .1 .2 .3 .5 .8 1.2 whilst GoblinFibo recovered some with a progression of .1 .1 .2 .3 with the last closing in profit $48 and the first 3 showing a loss of $72.

Overall prior to this last loss Mod1e was ahead in the profit gained but now lags behind so the steadier GoblinFibo has won the day. Of course everything is in the settings and with different ones the outcome would have been considerably different. The settings used for this test can be found on Page 145 Post 1447.

Comments will be welcome we all are looking for the best settings for an EA that outperforms the others.

John

Files:
combo13.htm  225 kb
combo13.gif  6 kb
Reason: