The second sacred cow: "Grow profits, cut losses"

I will not speculate on my own opinion.

The main question is this: where in life did this sacred platitude come from? A simple analysis of the reasons for this harsh truth can lead to unexpected conclusions.

Personally, I have nothing to say.

I would love to hear from others.

Please expand on the idea, so that you can get a grip :)

It's a pretty old sacred cow. What are the unexpected conclusions there?

Well, I think the answer is simple here.

This principle is good for specific tactics.

Other techniques and methods are good for other tactics.

However, those who write "brochures for beginners" on Forex are often poorly and poorly able to put into practice trading techniques. (As we all know, to teach others one does not need to know oneself).

And these very people with a clever look are mixing all trading methods in one pile in their brochures and "Forex Manuals", embarrassed by contradictions.

Okay. Since I gave the first cow an enormous amount of kicking, this cow will get it, too.

a short-lived but tangible kick in the ass.

This cow's name is as tautological as the first.

OK, let's try to turn the subject around. Here's the question:

1. Why do beginners more often do the opposite - cut profits and grow fat losses? Could it be because it is psychologically easier for the delicate, rough beginner's soul?

:)

And this is about hoping that it will go back and the losses will be smaller. And about to hell no more.

That?

That's bullshit. You have to know exactly when to close when to open. It's a mistake to work without it.

:)

Mathemat >> :

1. Why do newbies more often do the opposite - slashing profits and growing fat losses? Could it be because it is psychologically easier for the delicate, raw soul of the beginner?

That is the way a human being is built. Everyone wants it all at once. "Here and now".

Therefore, it is easier to close a small profit than to worry: what if the price goes against it, and there is no profit at all?

And if a deal initially went into deficit, the brain switches on the option - "hope dies last" ("Hope is my earthly compass").

It is true! Often one feels much calmer and more accustomed to the current loss.

And here at current profit in soul the toad turns on! - >> "Oh, I wish I hadn't lost..."

Mathemat >> :

1. Why do newbies more often do the opposite - cut profits and grow fat losses? Maybe because it is psychologically easier for the tender, rustic soul of a beginner?

>> that's what beginners do to be stupid.

Why do you care about the newbies? You're not the newbies, are you?

Mathemat >> :

1. Why do beginners more often do the opposite - cut profits and grow fat losses? Maybe because it is psychologically easier for a beginner's tender, rustic soul?

maybe they're right - only the deposit is weak - that's why it fucks them up :)

sab1uk >> :

that's why they're new to being stupid.

Why do you care about newbies?

No, I don't care too much if they're not my friends.

Here we go. Consider the simplest system at the intersections of two mash-ups. Where can this principle be applied there? Well if the system does not have a stop (closing at the opposite analytical signal, not at take or stop), then you certainly can try, but the system will be very complex. If the system has a fixed stop, then the principle "cut the losses" turns out by itself, but how to implement the advice "increase profit"?

Reason: