Economic Calendar EA

Files:
ecal_ea.mq4  12 kb

Great Idea for an EA

I really think you might be on to something here. I wonder if your EA could be incorporated into other EAs that trend. What I mean is that when economic news comes out, the other EAs at a certain time with then revert to this EA and begin it's thing. I don't know if that will work or not but it seems like a sound idea.

I know that STI EA seems to suffer when economic news comes out. Why not incorporate this code into that one to have an EA that works great during news and non-news times?

It is just a thought.

Remove Ecal EA from Public forum.

holyguy7:
I really think you might be on to something here. I wonder if your EA could be incorporated into other EAs that trend. What I mean is that when economic news comes out, the other EAs at a certain time with then revert to this EA and begin it's thing. I don't know if that will work or not but it seems like a sound idea.

I know that STI EA seems to suffer when economic news comes out. Why not incorporate this code into that one to have an EA that works great during news and non-news times?

It is just a thought.

Is their someone that can fix the bugs in this EA. I want this EA been removed from the Public area. I posted it only for the Elite subscribers.

Roets:
Is their someone that can fix the bugs in this EA. I want this EA been removed from the Public area. I posted it only for the Elite subscribers.

I did not find any Ecal EA in public area.

A very simple way

pengie:
A very simple way to prevent multiple orders per time/date is to declare one boolean global variable for each time/date. Before the order is executed, set its value to false. After the order is executed, set its value to true. Then in your code, before each order is opened, test the value of the global variable. If it is false, open the order. If it is true, then don't open the order.

Hi Pengie, I understand what you say here. I dont know even where to begin to do something like that. Can you please sommer take the first date/time statement in Ecal EA and add the check routine you mentioned above. I have never used this global variables you talk about.

I have added the check function for your first two timeslot. You can use the same idea for the rest of your timeslots.

Please note that this is just a quick and dirty way to solve your problem. It is not exactly the elegant sort of solution that I like. For your EA to be more useful, you should be able to input in all the economic events into a csv file and the EA should read in the times from that file instead of hard-coding all the events in the EA itself.

Files:
ecal_ea.mq4  12 kb

Great Idea - Thanks

pengie:
I have added the check function for your first two timeslot. You can use the same idea for the rest of your timeslots. Please note that this is just a quick and dirty way to solve your problem. It is not exactly the elegant sort of solution that I like. For your EA to be more useful, you should be able to input in all the economic events into a csv file and the EA should read in the times from that file instead of hard-coding all the events in the EA itself.

Thanks for the great idea. I can see you are a great programmer when you talk about input from an external file. I think if you or someone else are ready to help we can build a powerfull EA here.

I have demo'ed through about 5 demo accounts and I'm currently trading live. I can assure you that their is packs of money to be made if you trade the economic news events. I have traded with all sorts of EA's and special indicators and nothing worked. I then switched over to see how i will do when economic news events is released and I grew my live account from a loss to +14% in three weeks. One problem is that forecasts of economic news in some of the websites is not accurate so I started losing my money again. This EA will aim to discount any wrong forecast. The economic news somehow slip to the market before the release time and this EA should pick it up. The EA will see the market trend that has been running for example the last half an hour and will join in the run at economic news release.

EA give more pips now.

Roets:
Thanks for the great idea. I can see you are a great programmer when you talk about input from an external file. I think if you or someone else are ready to help we can build a powerfull EA here. I have demo'ed through about 5 demo accounts and I'm currently trading live. I can assure you that their is packs of money to be made if you trade the economic news events. I have traded with all sorts of EA's and special indicators and nothing worked. I then switched over to see how i will do when economic news events is released and I grew my live account from a loss to +14% in three weeks. One problem is that forecasts of economic news in some of the websites is not accurate so I started losing my money again. This EA will aim to discount any wrong forecast. The economic news somehow slip to the market before the release time and this EA should pick it up. The EA will see the market trend that has been running for example the last half an hour and will join in the run at economic news release.

I'e added the rest of the order checks and the pips went from 78 to 85. I will do a bit better than 85 on live forward trade because I will also add the e-trailing EA to the current EA. All that I now require is for the EA to place more orders at a time.

Files:
ecal_ea_1.mq4  13 kb

New version with a bug! Please help!!

This is an update of the original EA with some modifications.

Can someone please tell me why this EA does not want to trade on the four majors at once, but only on one at a time. Even if I set the time to enter the same for all. I think that this EA have some potential. Come all your programming fundies let do this one.

Thanks,

Roets

Files:
ecal_v2tt.mq4  7 kb

Reason: