10points 3.mq4 - page 150

yeoeleven:
Well after reading all about the back testing results I suppose my forward testing must be a fluke.

In 10 days of trading this Combo account it has averaged $110 per day profit with very little in the way of risky situations.

I do not back test neither do I trust in backtesting results so you must forgive me if I still believe that this combination actually works.

Closed profit $1282.42 Floating loss $7.60

John

I am also a bit confused here.

99% quality backtest alsways ending up in disaster.

It goes very well for a month of more, but then it suddenly goes wrong and one bite is enough to kill all the profit made (and even more).

Maybe the EA needs to be closed down for awhile after 1 month running smoothly.

Right now I am trying to find out where it goes wrong.

Also, while other versions like GoblinFibo are working fine with backtest. I just can't get 10points3_dynamic_stop_v2_fibo to work in backtest.

FutureMillionaire?:
I suppose the only way to see how accurate they are, is to run a backtest over a period you have traded live ... and see how they compare.

I thought I'd do just that.

I've just run the last day of Mod1e on backtest and compared it with the last day of forward trading (since Jemima decided to play).

They're actually remarkably similar. (the backtest made $1 more). There was one notable difference ... and I don't know how this would affect the EA. The backtest doesn't appear to take swap values into account.

Regards,

Ray

What starting account size would you recommend to start forward testing this with 1 mini lot?

yeoeleven:
Well after reading all about the back testing results I suppose my forward testing must be a fluke.

In 10 days of trading this Combo account it has averaged $110 per day profit with very little in the way of risky situations.

I do not back test neither do I trust in backtesting results so you must forgive me if I still believe that this combination actually works.

John

yeoeleven:

John

OK, sorry to have alarmed everybody. There's something really screwy here.

I just thought I'd take my comparison a little further. I ran another backtest - to mirror the period you've just posted. Looking at your statement, I think you made $896 on Mod1e.

My backtest only made it as far as 21 Feb before it completely washed out.

What the hell is going on here? I'm seriously confused.

Ray

Anybody know why I can't run 10_point_4 backtest?

I get this: 10_point_4_[mod1e) EURUSD,H1: Alert: ELEVATED do not testing this period! Copyright Artem Shvets, http://dollaromania.com, admin@dollaromania.com, sindrom_717@kahovka.net

Also no succes with 10point3 all versions

GoblinFibo versions does work. These are spinoffs using similar strategy right?

FutureMillionaire?:
OK, sorry to have alarmed everybody. There's something really screwy here.

I just thought I'd take my comparison a little further. I ran another backtest - to mirror the period you've just posted. Looking at your statement, I think you made $896 on Mod1e.

My backtest only made it as far as 21 Feb before it completely washed out.

What the hell is going on here? I'm seriously confused.

Ray

When those tests haven't start running at the exact the same time, you can get different results. One going short while the other goes long.

I came to this conclusion comparing 2 backtests sheets while second sheet started a day later. Totally different results.

10 point 3 & 4 backtest

Hello Humax,

For 10 point 3 one possibility could be that the date on the external parameters is usually 2005, need to change it to anything greater than today,and for 10 point 4 your money management setting must be between 26 -80 which also is changed on external parameters.

Hope this gets it working

tools

Anybody know why I can't run 10_point_4 backtest?

I get this: 10_point_4_[mod1e) EURUSD,H1: Alert: ELEVATED do not testing this period! Copyright Artem Shvets, http://dollaromania.com, admin@dollaromania.com, sindrom_717@kahovka.net

Also no succes with 10point3 all versions

GoblinFibo versions does work. These are spinoffs using similar strategy right?

Well, they work with data creating less than 90% quality. But no matter what I do, it just won't work using the tickdata for 99% and I won't go for less than 99%. Best is 100%, but as we know that's impossible unfortunately. In backtesting we don't have slippage, orders always get filled, no change in spread etc.

Backtesting is the broker we dream of.

Appreciated your help though

Have a nice weekend everybody.

Do these EA's call any indicators that I need to also install? If so, can someone post them? Actually, I would like to be able to visualize what they EAs are doing, so if they can be posted either way that would be great. I'm new to this forum, but a senior member elsewhere and I'd like to contribute as much as possible. Thx

yeoeleven:
I have previously advised the details of my Combo account EAs. Basically it is a demo account with two EAs working on two charts. GoblinFibo shown on the report as RF1 trading EURUSD M30 and 10 point 4 Mod1e GBPUSD H1 clearly seperated on the report.

The Account was started on the 19th Feb and had a balance of $1870 with a starting unit of .1 aimed at finding a suitable set up to trade with a small account. Divide by 10 and you will see that it could have been run on $187 using .01 starting unit.

This detailed statement consists of all the trading since the account was started and is seperated by comments so that each EA can be assessed for it's contribution to the overall result. $714 Closed Profit and $2 Floating Profit has been obtained in the 7 trading days.

GoblinFibo settings:-

TakeProfit=16.00000000

Lots=0.10000000

InitialStop=1.00000000

TrailingStop=10.00000000

FiboProgression=1

MaxTrades=6

Pips=18

SecureProfit=5

AccountProtection=1

OrderstoProtect=3

EquityProtectionLevel=0.00000000

MaxLossPerOrder=0.00000000

ReverseCondition=0

StartYear=2005

StartMonth=1

EndYear=2050

EndMonth=12

mm=1

risk=1

AccountisNormal=0

Magic=123987

10 point 4 Mod1e settings are default except I was uncomfortable with a 0 stop loss and have set it to 100:-

BlockId=1

TakeProfit=20

Step=18

MoneyManagment=28

Lots=0.10000000

PricePlus=0.00140000

Manual=off

OpenBlock=1

ModifyBlock=0

FixLot=0

MicroLot=0

MaxiLot=0

Insure=9

BlockOrders=4

StopLoss=100

fema=14.00000000

sema=40.00000000

sig=8.00000000

cciperiod=14.00000000

timeperiod=60.00000000

timeperiod1=30.00000000

The EAs can be found on post #1408 on page #141

John

Yeoeleven,

Are you manually interfering with your combo much? I read earlier you close trades and turn EA's off during major news announcements. Was that for this combo or something else you were running? Thx

yeoeleven:

John
Reason: