10points 3.mq4 - page 323

davidke20:
Yes! You are right. John and I already looking into it and trying to figure out what is wrong with it. Feel free to continue testing with V0.02 and V0.03 for the moment. Bear in mind, in full auto mode, it only works good with EURUSD only.

Regards

David

Hi David

Can you explain the diference between versions 0.02 and 0.03? Thanks

Cross:
Hi David Can you explain the diference between versions 0.02 and 0.03? Thanks

They're basically the same EA. Only significat different is, 0.02 trade on the same bar again, whilst 0.03 doesn't. Say GMT02:00 no signal, GMT03:00 MACD crossed, v0.02 and v0.03 trigger trade togather. Now GMT03:05, market shoot up 10pips. v0.02 hit take profit, start to buy again, whilst v0.03 choosed to stay out. This is the different.

You can find the backtested result few pages back. v0.02 proved to be much much more profitable in the short term. Especially for 2004~present date, whilst v0.03 are less profitable, but much more stable compare to v0.02. It gone through passed 6 years backtest easily. v0.02 has the risk of blow up every 1 ~ 3 years in backtest. Run the backtest from 2001 for both version you'll know the difference between them.

Regards

David

davidke20:
They're basically the same EA. Only significat different is, 0.02 trade on the same bar again, whilst 0.03 doesn't. Say GMT02:00 no signal, GMT03:00 MACD crossed, v0.02 and v0.03 trigger trade togather. Now GMT03:05, market shoot up 10pips. v0.02 hit take profit, start to buy again, whilst v0.03 choosed to stay out. This is the different.

You can find the backtested result few pages back. v0.02 proved to be much much more profitable in the short term. Especially for 2004~present date, whilst v0.03 are less profitable, but much more stable compare to v0.02. It gone through passed 6 years backtest easily. v0.02 has the risk of blow up every 1 ~ 3 years in backtest. Run the backtest from 2001 for both version you'll know the difference between them.

Regards

David

So you are saying that version 3 is more stable in the fact that it is less likely to blow up your account every 1 to 3 years?

Also where is version 3? Also what are the best settings to achieve this stability?

Thanks for all info given

I'm confused. Several times, the phrase 'currency pairs' has been used in relation to the 'bug' - are people saying that when the EA is attached to several charts (all different currencies) that the bug shows itself, or does it happen when just applied to one pair???

For the record, I had v4 on one pair for two days and it appeared to be OK.....

omelette:
I'm confused. Several times, the phrase 'currency pairs' has been used in relation to the 'bug' - are people saying that when the EA is attached to several charts (all different currencies) that the bug shows itself, or does it happen when just applied to one pair??? For the record, I had v4 on one pair for two days and it appeared to be OK.....

Version 0.04 was meant to protect your account from overtrading. If the ea starts trading one pair it should not start another trade and progression with a diferrent pair unless the previous one ended. Nevertheless this is not happening.

Regards

Cross:
Version 0.04 was meant to protect your account from overtrading. If the ea starts trading one pair it should not start another trade and progression with a diferrent pair unless the previous one ended. Nevertheless this is not happening. Regards

Aha, understood. Thanks for that.

adrazz:
So you are saying that version 3 is more stable in the fact that it is less likely to blow up your account every 1 to 3 years?

Also where is version 3? Also what are the best settings to achieve this stability?

Thanks for all info given

Friend,

Version 0.02 can be found here without backtest. Backtest statement provided togather with Version 0.01 because they're the same functional system. Set file also provided.

Version 0.03's backtest result can be found here at the bottom of this page, and the EA attached here at the top post of this page.

All settings can be found on their respective backtest result. Recommended leverage 1:200 with mini account function. Variable function are described in detail in this post. If you're concern about how does the EA handling trades and send orders, you'll have to atleast read this thread from page 156 onwards.

For your information, the meaning of less likely will blowup between 1 ~ 3 years means its backtest atleast 1 ~ 3 years time without margin call at the "still" data environment(means pipspread are not widen, stable open and close without worrying of requotes and slippages). It doesn't mean I guarantee you it works good in live account for 1 ~ 3 years. Because I did blew up my live account in November, 2006, April, 2007, June, 2007. Ofcourse, I'm the lucky 1 who still survive those blow up as I regularly withdraw. The reason of continue development is to make a good EA that will work more consistantly that can let us put it in our portfolio. Even if we're not infront of the PC, we wont be worry too much on part of the portfolio blow up. The simple example for you:

Total fund: 500k

300k Manual trading, expected return 5% a month

150k Low risk auto trading, with less agressive money management/exposure. Expected 5% a month without monitoring.

50k ULTRA highrisk/reward system. May caught in margin call anytime(10point3 falls in this category). Expected return 30% up everymonth!

If you did not blow up any of the 3 category of accounts in a month, that months' profit will be 15k+7.5k+15k=37.5k. And that will be 7.5% a month in total return. If youre portfolio accounts doesn't blow up in a year(never will happen), you'll most likely get back 90% in return in a year. OK, back to reality, I can only expect to achieve 30% a year only. Therefore, 16% back to the investor, and 14% back to my company. This is not hard . So I hope you dont throw all your eggs in 1 basket. You'll most likely blow up your account 1 day, and you'll find that how stupid you are that you listened to David that the account will be handling stable in 1 ~ 3 years! Who knows the 2nd day of your trading is the due date of 3 years?!

Regards

David

Thanks for the great explanation

It's not about the system, it's about the trader's view towards the risk and reward ratio. If this is acceptable, then use it, if not just leave it. Use it at your own risk!

richest:
It's not about the system, it's about the trader's view towards the risk and reward ratio. If this is acceptable, then use it, if not just leave it. Use it at your own risk!

absolutely! agreed!

You can make money I believe with this ea as long as you dont get greedy.

Reason: