10points 3.mq4 - page 147

FutureMillionaire?:
I know this is probably a bit late to be doing this ... but I've started backtesting 10points3. I realise that backtesting is regarded as not too reliable, but I thought it might help me fine tune my settings. I've just started with my real settings, with a view to tweaking them, but it's already uncovered a rather uncomfortable result (it's still running here in the background ... God, it's slow - almost real time). It's shown a MaxTrade loss on 3rd Jan 2007. I can't see any major news that would have caused that (therefore, using my - turn off during the news - plan, I would have suffered a major loss). John (Yeoeleven), did you notice a loss on that day?

I'm starting to rethink my strategy. I thought the potential gains could cope with the occasional loss, but 10points3 has gone nowhere fast (I'm $18 up at the moment ... which is not enough to absorb a MaxTrades loss)

My 10_point_4_(mode1e) demo is losing too and Goblin has yet to open a trade

Ray

Ray,

Everything is in the settings and one account running small TP and small PipStep will perform entirely differently to one over the same period running on more generous settings. Back testing suggests that TP10 & Pip6 are a good combination but in forward testing I find that they hit the stoploss too frequently to prove profitable.

My testing of Mod1e and GoblinFibo (Combo Account) is still profitable and has since 19th Feb has shown over $1000 profit. I have included a GIF showing a screen shot of Mod1e's trading over the past days as well as an account level GIF and detailed statement.

The settings that have resulted in that profit can be found on post #1450. I realise that this is a demo account but it is a forward test and the results should be at least similar to live trading. I do not recommend trading two EAs starting at .1 on a live account of $1870 but in this demo I did that and for now have gotten away with it.

John

Files:
combo7.gif  6 kb
combo7.htm  112 kb
mod_1e.gif  45 kb

yeoeleven:
Ray,

Everything is in the settings and one account running small TP and small PipStep will perform entirely differently to one over the same period running on more generous settings. Back testing suggests that TP10 & Pip6 are a good combination but in forward testing I find that they hit the stoploss too frequently to prove profitable.

My testing of Mod1e and GoblinFibo (Combo Account) is still profitable and has since 19th Feb has shown over $1000 profit. I have included a GIF showing a screen shot of Mod1e's trading over the past days as well as an account level GIF and detailed statement.

The settings that have resulted in that profit can be found on post #1450. I realise that this is a demo account but it is a forward test and the results should be at least similar to live trading. I do not recommend trading two EAs starting at .1 on a live account of $1870 but in this demo I did that and for now have gotten away with it.

John

John,

Very impressive. I've set mine up now (demo for now) using your settings. Mod1e hasn't traded yet though. Is it not like 10point3? Shouldn't it enter a trade straight away?

Ray

I have not had the time to read thru ALL the post, but before I attach this to my Metatrader 4, what charts and time frame (30Min?) should it be attached to?

Start up

FutureMillionaire?:
John,

Very impressive. I've set mine up now (demo for now) using your settings. Mod1e hasn't traded yet though. Is it not like 10point3? Shouldn't it enter a trade straight away?

Ray

No it uses the indicators to get its ducks in a row before it triggers the trade.

Once it gets started it may continue immediately or stop and think for a while after a progression.

John

Which EA?

Jimbo61:
I have not had the time to read thru ALL the post, but before I attach this to my Metatrader 4, what charts and time frame (30Min?) should it be attached to?

Taken from post #1450

yeoeleven:
I have previously advised the details of my Combo account EAs. Basically it is a demo account with two EAs working on two charts. GoblinFibo shown on the report as RF1 trading EURUSD M30 and 10 point 4 Mod1e GBPUSD H1 clearly seperated on the report.

John

yeoeleven:
No it uses the indicators to get its ducks in a row before it triggers the trade.

Jemima & friends are now playing

mintzior:
http://www.cls-trading.com 19.88% since 8 decembre 2006

What is the purpose keep posting this? I've been seeing you post this link few times. 20% not really impressive, original 10point3 can do better than that:D

Regards,

David

Fellow traders, me and grandpa has come across this brand new idea of trading with 10point3, and making an extreme 10point3 we called it V12, just like the american muscle!(actually its revision 12 after 11 times of failure) Below attached the statment of 10point3 V12_Beta for 1 month forward testing . I've tried backtest, but wont work. Dont know why.

Therefore, we need dozens and dozens of participant to help us backtest with this system. For furthur detail, grandpa will give instruction. No source code will be given out at the moment due to control of revision, but seriously need a lot of human power and quad core processor to forward test it. Anyway, have a look at my forward testing 1st. We still have many things as consideration. Current performance is hot enough to melt down ice berg.

Regards,

David

I like to give it a try but who is grandpa? lol

I think grandpa is yeoeleven.