10points 3.mq4 - page 149

Indicator?

Hi,

Can anyone give the indicator?

Thanks for sharing.

SavvyTrader

ea

hello david,

i think ill join this thread if you guys dont mind and hopefully i can add some extra creative thinking to it, david, explain to me how the EA protects itself in the event of a major trend against it of say 400-500 pips? just curious as to how this EA will get out of that without busting out the account and margin.....

thanks david

phorex_phreak:
hello david,

i think ill join this thread if you guys dont mind and hopefully i can add some extra creative thinking to it, david, explain to me how the EA protects itself in the event of a major trend against it of say 400-500 pips? just curious as to how this EA will get out of that without busting out the account and margin.....

thanks david

For monster trending days, there is only 1 way to protect your capital = stop loss. For normal trending day, there is an internal algorithm to calculate the profit margin, once it hit certain profit level, it will close off whatever trade to avoid max trade. I only fine tune these part and rework on signal generator. Basically its still original 10point3 Dynamic Stop. I'm working out the PDF togather with grandpa, once its done, i'll be sending both EA and the User manual and some informative backtest result, so we can have a good laugh at it and start forward testing it. Cheers.

Regards,

David

Maybe this is not the time to post this ... with a new version in the offing, but I've done this now, so what the heck!

I've been running backtests on 10points 3_dynamic_stop (with the settings I'm actually trading live with ... just to make sure), GoblinFibo1.2 (DMBSYS settings), GoblinFibo1.2 (Yeoeleven settings) & 10_point_4_(Mod1e). They make depressing reading. They've proven to me that 10points 3_dynamic_stop still has the best potential, albeit there's a risk of a large loss (as described in #1037). My backtests run from the beginning of this year. 10points 3_dynamic_stop did indeed suffer one of these MaxTrades loss at the beginning, but recovered to perform best overall .

10_point_4_(Mod1e) completely washed out by the 11th Jan .

I noticed, after I ran these tests that the only difference between mine and Yeoeleven's was that I had mm=0. I'm currently re-running the GoblinFibo1.2 test with mm=1, but so far it hasn't made any difference.

I have noticed that these EAs can behave entirely differently depending on when they were started, so some of the big losses, you see in these tests, may not have happened with other people's test.

It seems I can't upload all these files in one go, so I'll continue in a moment....

FutureMillionaire?:
Maybe this is not the time to post this ... with a new version in the offing, but I've done this now, so what the heck!

I've been running backtests on 10points 3_dynamic_stop (with the settings I'm actually trading live with ... just to make sure), GoblinFibo1.2 (DMBSYS settings), GoblinFibo1.2 (Yeoeleven settings) & 10_point_4_(Mod1e). They make depressing reading. They've proven to me that 10points 3_dynamic_stop still has the best potential, albeit there's a risk of a large loss (as described in #1037). My backtests run from the beginning of this year. 10points 3_dynamic_stop did indeed suffer one of these MaxTrades loss at the beginning, but recovered to perform best overall .

10_point_4_(Mod1e) completely washed out by the 11th Jan .

I noticed, after I ran these tests that the only difference between mine and Yeoeleven's was that I had mm=0. I'm currently re-running the GoblinFibo1.2 test with mm=1, but so far it hasn't made any difference.

I have noticed that these EAs can behave entirely differently depending on when they were started, so some of the big losses, you see in these tests, may not have happened with other people's test.

It seems I can't upload all these files in one go, so I'll continue in a moment....

1. I dont belive backtest

2. dont use mm with martingale system

.... continued.

As I said ... This maybe a bit late, but may provide food for thought.

I'm keen to see what V12 brings.

Ray

frantacech:
1. I dont belive backtest 2. dont use mm with martingale system

No, I've never trusted backtests either. Generally, because they tend to be over optimistic. People see wonderful results on backtest, and then can't reproduce them in real time. I did it, just as a comparison between the EAs. In the event, they don't seem optimistic at all

idea??? If myOrderType = 20; "Very Strong Uptrend" then stop clasic trade and switch to pyramiding with trend?

int OpenOrdersBasedOnTrendRSX()

{

int myOrderType=3;

Check_Trend();

double rsxcurr = iCustom(Symbol(),Period(),"Turbo_JRSX",RSX_Period,0,0);

double rsxprev = iCustom(Symbol(),Period(),"Turbo_JRSX",RSX_Period,0,1);

if ((rsxcurr > rsxprev) && (trendtype == 2 || trendtype == 3)) { myOrderType = 2; }

if ((rsxcurr < rsxprev) && (trendtype == 2 || trendtype == 1)) { myOrderType = 1; }

// VeryStrongTrend

if ((rsxcurr > rsxprev) && trendtype == 30) { myOrderType = 20; }

if ((rsxcurr < rsxprev) && trendtype == 10) { myOrderType = 10; }

return(myOrderType);

}

void Check_Trend()

{

UpTrendVal = iCustom(Symbol(),Period(), "Turbo_JVEL",7,-100,0,0);

DnTrendVal = iCustom(Symbol(),Period(), "Turbo_JVEL",7,-100,1,0);

TrendVal = (UpTrendVal + DnTrendVal);

Comment("LastPrice=",LastPrice," Previous open orders=",PreviousOpenOrders," Trend Direction: ",TrendTxt," Slope == ",TrendVal,"\nContinue opening=",ContinueOpening," OrderType=",myOrderType,"\n",text2,"\nLots=",lotsi,"\n",text);

if(TrendVal <= -0.09)

{

trendtype = 1;

TrendTxt = "Strong Downtrend";

}

if(TrendVal <= -1.10)

{

trendtype = 10;

TrendTxt = "Very Strong Downtrend";

}

if(TrendVal > -0.09 && TrendVal < 0)

{

trendtype = 2;

TrendTxt = "Weak Downtrend/Ranging";

}

if(TrendVal > 0 && TrendVal < 0.09)

{

trendtype = 2;

TrendTxt = "Weak Uptrend/Ranging";

}

if(TrendVal >= 0.09)

{

trendtype = 3;

TrendTxt = "Strong Uptrend";

}

if(TrendVal >= 1.10)

{

trendtype = 30;

TrendTxt = "Very Strong Uptrend";

}

return(0);

I've got an idea as follows - classical 10point opens trades and uses martingale if there are losses. What about to take this approach: to use 10point clasic while weak, but if there is a very strong trend to turn it and start pyramiding into trend direction. It means to deviate with TP and to open new positons into trend after moving SL to BE+1 at previous position with preset pipstep = 10 for example?

Detailed statement

Well after reading all about the back testing results I suppose my forward testing must be a fluke.

In 10 days of trading this Combo account it has averaged $110 per day profit with very little in the way of risky situations.

I do not back test neither do I trust in backtesting results so you must forgive me if I still believe that this combination actually works.

Closed profit $1282.42 Floating loss $7.60

John

Files:
combo8.htm  126 kb
combo8.gif  6 kb

yeoeleven:
Well after reading all about the back testing results I suppose my forward testing must be a fluke.

In 10 days of trading this Combo account it has averaged $110 per day profit with very little in the way of risky situations.

I do not back test neither do I trust in backtesting results so you must forgive me if I still believe that this combination actually works.

Closed profit $1282.42 Floating loss $7.60

John

I really don't know.

I know what they say about backtesting, but I don't understand why it is unrealiable. I've been watching it, tick by tick, and it seems to do what it's supposed to. So why doesn't it produce the correct results?

I really want to believe your combination works. After seeing your results, I was on the point of putting it on my live account. I thought, even if they weren't too accurate, the tests would at least enable me to compare.

I suppose the only way to see how accurate they are, is to run a backtest over a period you have traded live ... and see how they compare.

.... by the way, your combination is doing well in my forward testing

Regards,

Ray.

Reason: