10points 3.mq4 - page 156

yeoeleven:
Ray,

yes I am still testing the Combo Account and with continuing good results

OK, now I'm definitely confused. Why, then, did my Mod1e demo lose so dramatically today? I'm not talking backtests now!

Ray

weird stuff

FutureMillionaire?:
John,

Are you still testing Mod1e ?

I think I'm the kiss of death for it. I watched my demo this morning, watched it making good money ... thought my backtesting was rubbish, so tried it on my real account (Greed takes over)....... It lost! My demo lost $959.

... Fortunately, my real account only lost $9.50. I hadn't realised my mini account only produced mini results (the lot sizes are the same). No wonder the mod1e on demo was out-performing my real 10points3. I'm $60 up at the moment ... does that mean it would have been $6000 on a standard account? That doesn't make much sense ... does it?

Whilst I'm posting .... V12 is currently down $3636, although nothing's closed yet. It could recover, but it doesn't look very nice at the moment.

Cheers,

Ray

While your test lost some, my demo gained today.

Unfortunately my live account, which started today, shows different result, even with the same settings!

Live account traded the opposite of the demo on the chfusd pair.

(Trades of that pair is shown with 10point3usdchfdemo.png)

Why? oh why?

The only reason is live started trading at another time than demo.

Demo running for 6 tradingdays now with increase of 25.8%

Wish that was the case with my real account....

Files:

humax:

Why? oh why?

I'm beginning to think that this whole business is a lottery.

There are just too many variables. Doesn't matter how much you test, the end result will always surprise you.

Files:

V12 Reporting

NorthFinance starting with $19000 and using EURUSD M15. Settings used:-

Magic=43420

TakeProfit=28.00000000

Lots=0.10000000

InitialStop=1.00000000

TrailingStop=0.00000000

MaxTrades=10

Multiplier=2.00000000

Pips=18

SecureProfit=200

AccountProtection=1

OrderstoProtect=3

mm=1

risk=12

AccountisNormal=0

ReverseCondition=0

Fast_MA=14

Slow_MA=26

MACD_SMA=9

Shift=1

Agressive_mode=1

FromHourTrade=0

ToHourTrade=12

Closed Profit/Loss +12430.90 Floating Profit/Loss -1373.07

John

Files:
v12nf1.htm  16 kb
v12nfss1.gif  33 kb
v12nf1.gif  5 kb

yeoeleven:
Early days but this is how I will report my V12 trading.

These aren't the settings I thought we were testing ... or have we all got different ones to test?

My test opened three trade this morning ..... and they're still open.

Ray.

Settings

FutureMillionaire?:
These aren't the settings I thought we were testing ... or have we all got different ones to test?

My test opened three trade this morning ..... and they're still open.

Ray.

We have default settings and are encouraged to test whatever we think may be useful. In the case of the successful account displayed above I have used settings that have been used and experimented with before to good result.

If we all test the default settings there will be little for David to analyse when he evaluates the results. I quess that you are using 28TP hence the time taken for the trades to close

John

What setting controls SL?

Thansk

yeoeleven:
If we all test the default settings there will be little for David to analyse when he evaluates the results.

Makes sense. Why didn't I think of that. .... I just thought that's what he wanted us to do.

Anyway, here's a screenshot of my V12. It doesn't seem quite right. I've got max trades set to 10. Why didn't it open another position?

Another position

FutureMillionaire?:
Makes sense. Why didn't I think of that. .... I just thought that's what he wanted us to do.

Anyway, here's a screenshot of my V12. It doesn't seem quite right. I've got max trades set to 10. Why didn't it open another position?

Ray.

Have you checked the Experts and Journal tabs could be that you have the dreaded "No Money" message.

More than that I would leave for David to discuss.

John

Reason: