10points 3.mq4 - page 141

rzamany:
do you use mm=1? what time frame?

Yes mm=1 and TF=30min

FutureMillionaire?:
This is a quote from a very old post. Do you still believe that these pairs work best with 10points 3_dynamic_stop ?

I'm trading these live now, and it occurred to me that, effectively, one is the mirror of the other. If one makes big gains - the other makes big losses. The EA will go short on one, long on the other .. but effectively the result is the same. If the market makes a big move, and it exceeds your Max Trades limit, not only would you have one big loss ... but two! A double wammy!!!

Wouldn't it make sense to trade pairs that aren't so closely related?

Also, if the pairs start going sideways, there is no scope for trade. With two so closely related, you have two pairs going sideways. If you have unrelated pairs, then at least there's a chance that one will trade when the other is going nowhere.

EUR/USD & USD/CHF have been going sideways (OK, they moved today). The only time they really moved (on Wednesday), I had the EA switched off, to avoid the news.

Ray

That is a very good observation. An ancient one, to say. Google it and you will find tons of material on it.

My two cents: trading both with 10.3 would be like doubling your risk.

Meanwhile 10.3 is still destroying my demo accounts. Will just follow my own manual trading and try to use 10.3 better...

Eurusd Usdchf

FutureMillionaire?:
This is a quote from a very old post. Do you still believe that these pairs work best with 10points 3_dynamic_stop ?

I'm trading these live now, and it occurred to me that, effectively, one is the mirror of the other. If one makes big gains - the other makes big losses. The EA will go short on one, long on the other .. but effectively the result is the same. If the market makes a big move, and it exceeds your Max Trades limit, not only would you have one big loss ... but two! A double wammy!!!

Wouldn't it make sense to trade pairs that aren't so closely related?

Also, if the pairs start going sideways, there is no scope for trade. With two so closely related, you have two pairs going sideways. If you have unrelated pairs, then at least there's a chance that one will trade when the other is going nowhere.

EUR/USD & USD/CHF have been going sideways (OK, they moved today). The only time they really moved (on Wednesday), I had the EA switched off, to avoid the news.

Ray

Yes I agree with your thinking but as you said it was a post from a long time ago and we all have been learning over time.

I did trade both pairs in the same direction for a trial but that didn't work out either. Of late I have restricted my testing of 10P3/4 to only EURUSD and that has worked out better.

Surprisingly enough Goblin has proved better with GBPUSD perhaps because of superior directionality and those two pairs are currently being tested in my Combo account.

I am aiming for a safer EA to be used on a limited account hence my testing with only one pair.

John

yeoeleven:
Yes I agree with your thinking but as you said it was a post from a long time ago and we all have been learning over time.

I did trade both pairs in the same direction for a trial but that didn't work out either. Of late I have restricted my testing of 10P3/4 to only EURUSD and that has worked out better.

Surprisingly enough Goblin has proved better with GBPUSD perhaps because of superior directionality and those two pairs are currently being tested in my Combo account.

I am aiming for a safer EA to be used on a limited account hence my testing with only one pair.

John

Ah, I got the impression that, although you've been trying more recent variants, 10 points3_dynamic_stop, was still the most promising. I wanted to trade with a proven system, rather than a Beta version. You posted encouraging results with 10 points3_dynamic_stop so I thought I'd stick with that. Maybe I should look more closely at the other versions.

...So you think Goblin is better? How does that guard against hitting the max trade scenario?

It's all academic, for the moment, we've lost out Internet. (I'm accessing this forum from elsewhere). We've got three companies Line / Router / ISP . Each one is blaming the other, so I don't know when I'll get it back

Regards,

Ray.

Variants

FutureMillionaire?:
Ah, I got the impression that, although you've been trying more recent variants, 10 points3_dynamic_stop, was still the most promising. I wanted to trade with a proven system, rather than a Beta version. You posted encouraging results with 10 points3_dynamic_stop so I thought I'd stick with that. Maybe I should look more closely at the other versions.

...So you think Goblin is better? How does that guard against hitting the max trade scenario?

It's all academic, for the moment, we've lost out Internet. (I'm accessing this forum from elsewhere). We've got three companies Line / Router / ISP . Each one is blaming the other, so I don't know when I'll get it back

Regards,

Ray.

Ray,

I have been testing a variety of different modifications of the 10points3 EA and currently have used the GoblinFibo1.2 and the 10points 4 Mod1e on the Combo account. Both those EAs have departed from the double up martingale system and are somewhat safer in as far as they don't eat up the margin as quickly.

None of the progressive incremental EAs are foolproof but the two under test seem to choose the direction well enough to avoid hitting the MaxTrades often and with the reduced progression cost less if they do. Both are freely available so I have added them to this post for ease of location. The stop loss for Mod1e is set default to 0 and I recommend that setting be reviewed. GoblinFibo is covered well with the DynamicStop feature pioneered by tururo.

I hope that your internet problems are soon overcome, that must be particularly frustrating trading with a live account.

John

Files:

wow, this thread running fast!! when i started to reading on first message, lat page vas only 130~.. so tired of reading all the posts. can anybody give me an advice; which version hould i test? which is safer? thanks

yeoeleven:
Ray,

I have been testing a variety of different modifications of the 10points3 EA and currently have used the GoblinFibo1.2 and the 10points 4 Mod1e on the Combo account. Both those EAs have departed from the double up martingale system and are somewhat safer in as far as they don't eat up the margin as quickly.

None of the progressive incremental EAs are foolproof but the two under test seem to choose the direction well enough to avoid hitting the MaxTrades often and with the reduced progression cost less if they do. Both are freely available so I have added them to this post for ease of location. The stop loss for Mod1e is set default to 0 and I recommend that setting be reviewed. GoblinFibo is covered well with the DynamicStop feature pioneered by tururo.

I hope that your internet problems are soon overcome, that must be particularly frustrating trading with a live account.

John

Thanks very much for that. I shall try them out when I get my connection back.

As for now, I'm waiting for a flight, so am amusing myself reading through the posts. I've been across to the Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator thread. Is that the right one? As with all this forum, there's so much to wade through. It's very difficult to get straight to the 'meat' of the subject.

Until I actually play with these EAs, it's difficult to see how they can improve on 10points3. In theory, that one can't lose ... as long as you've got deep enough pockets. It seems its just a matter of how many trades (and potential loss) you're prepared to let it go. I've still been trying to work out just how many trades would see out the biggest moves. Any ideas?

Ray.

FutureMillionaire?:

Regards,

Ray.

No matter what, stop loss is the key on using Martingale based EA. I'm glad you make money with it, but I did hate to see you get margin call because of unwell organized of MaxTrade and improper stop loss. I recently started another new account this month, with regular unplug during New York session, and only plug it back during Tokyo session. Seems fine and never hit stop loss so far. Hereby attached a screenshot as prove. Forget about the drawdowns and the equity curve chart, because i withdrawed. Wish you good luck.

Regards,

David

Files:
sample4.zip  247 kb

FutureMillionaire?:
Thanks very much for that. I shall try them out when I get my connection back.

As for now, I'm waiting for a flight, so am amusing myself reading through the posts. I've been across to the Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator thread. Is that the right one? As with all this forum, there's so much to wade through. It's very difficult to get straight to the 'meat' of the subject.

Until I actually play with these EAs, it's difficult to see how they can improve on 10points3. In theory, that one can't lose ... as long as you've got deep enough pockets. It seems its just a matter of how many trades (and potential loss) you're prepared to let it go. I've still been trying to work out just how many trades would see out the biggest moves. Any ideas?

Ray.

No matter which type of martingale EA will never change my setups, which is

Profit=10

StopLoss=1(Dynamic stop features only)

Pips=6

MaxTrade=5(Depends on which indicator using, higher potential EA will put 6 instead of 5, never got up to 7. Too risky)

So far got 2 warning letters from NorthFinance because they claim i'm scalping, so fuck it. I'll close off all the account from NF. IBFX so far so good.

Regards,

David

No matter which type of martingale EA will never change my setups, which is

Profit=10

StopLoss=1(Dynamic stop features only)

Pips=6

MaxTrade=5(Depends on which indicator using, higher potential EA will put 6 instead of 5, never got up to 7. Too risky)

So far got 2 warning letters from NorthFinance because they claim i'm scalping, so fuck it. I'll close off all the account from NF. IBFX so far so good.

Regards,

David

Hi , davidke20! Do you use GoblinFibo1.2 on EUR 1H? Do you shut EA down just befor NY session stars, regardless having opened positions with minus?

Reason: