10points 3.mq4 - page 419

newdigital:
Hi forexjim,

You can use stop loss (initial stop loss). Means: if first trade will be closed with stop loss so all the trades should be closed. Or not? We can ask MrTools to look at the code as I am not programmer. But I think - if first martingale trade is closed with stop loss so all the trades should be closed.

As to your idea about

so - yes, may be good.

Hi, newdigital,

Thank you for your advice.

How then do we seek MrTool's help to allow the EA to close all positions in a case like this example:

Example:

MaxTrades = 10

When price reaches the point for trade 11, instead of going to deep DD to wait for the price to return, just close all positions at a loss and start again?

Many thanks.

forexjim

I asked but it depends on how difficult to code it (as I understand - it is not simple to code).

Anyway - I am continuing using current version and it is profitable for now.

Drawdown for some pairs are very small.

Anyway - will see as it is just M1 timeframe (most risky timeframe for any martingale EA).

We should use H1 if we will go with this EA with real money account.

===================

-10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA with settings for M1 timeframe, together with indicators is on this post.

good morning,

beside my 2 test-accounts with M1 & H1, which are running very well, i started a third one with different settings. i set tp to 0 and trailing stop to 20 pips. but the trailing stop doesn't work. i had a few trades which were in profit around 30 or 40 pips, but i couldn't see any trailing stop (changed SL). does anyone know anything about this?

I checked trailing stop in this fixed version https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174975/page273 and trailing stop works.

I did not look at it deeply as I am not a coder sorry ... but I think - it is 'profit trailing stop'. Means: stop loss will be moved if the trade is in profit for some pips.

I think that it is 'profit trailing stop'.

In case of 'breakout system' (with your condition as: take profit = 0 and the trade is closed by trailing stop to let the trade to move in profit as much as it can) - it may be good to have trailing stop working from the very beginning (in the same way as the other breakout EA is working: Envelopes EA). But in case of Envelopes EA - trailing stop is moved by the lines of Enveloped indicator. May be - we can do same here?

Samething as:

- UseEnvelopesTrailingStop = true/fase (default is false)

- if true so ... Envelopes settings as the default onescan be the following:

EnvelopePeriod = 144

EnvMaMethod = 1

Envdeviation = 1

EnvShift = 1

MinDistane (minimal distance between the price and Envelopes lines to place/move trailing stop) = 10

This settings works for breakout for M15 and M5 for trailing stop so it should work here for M1 and H1 too.

It is very smoothing moved trailing stop (I mean: very very comfortable trailing stop).

So, it is just the other idea.

newdigital:
I checked trailing stop in this fixed version https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174975/page273 and trailing stop works.

I did not look at it deeply as I am not a coder sorry ... but I think - it is 'profit trailing stop'. Means: stop loss will be moved if the trade is in profit for some pips.

I think that it is 'profit trailing stop'.

yes, that's what i thought, too. but i set trailing stop to 20 pips. the trade is 30 pips or 40 pips in profit, but nothing happens. usually i would see a yellow color and a s/l in the order overview, i think? but there's nothing...

forexjim:
Hi, newdigital,

Thank you for your advice.

How then do we seek MrTool's help to allow the EA to close all positions in a case like this example:

Example:

MaxTrades = 10

When price reaches the point for trade 11, instead of going to deep DD to wait for the price to return, just close all positions at a loss and start again?

Many thanks.

forexjim

Hi Forexjim,

Will see what i can do, and maybe add some other account safety features as the ideas come

mrtools:
Hi Forexjim, Will see what i can do, and maybe add some other account safety features as the ideas come

Hi, mrtools,

Very grateful that you are going to use your time and expertise to perfect this exciting EA.

When you have time to add this close-all-positions-at-a-loss function, could you make it:

1) optional so that by 1 or 0 we can use it in some testing and not in others;

2) make the automatic closing at the point of maxtrade entry pip point plus pips value?

Merci beaucoup!

forexjim

My fwd testing since the first week of this month, started on 1 minute timeframe, think it was around the 11 th or 12 th of this month changed to m30 timeframe everything else default. Results in pips! And a little better report from 8-11 till now in pips pretty sure this was when i started on M30 timeframe.

ps) not sure what the results are calculated in but instead of 500 should be 50.

mrtools:
My fwd testing since the first week of this month, started on 1 minute timeframe, think it was around the 11 th or 12 th of this month changed to m30 timeframe everything else default. Results in pips! And a little better report from 8-11 till now in pips pretty sure this was when i started on M30 timeframe.

hi mrtools,

any reason to change to m30? could you see any improvement since the changes?

mrtools:
My fwd testing since the first week of this month, started on 1 minute timeframe, think it was around the 11 th or 12 th of this month changed to m30 timeframe everything else default. Results in pips! And a little better report from 8-11 till now in pips pretty sure this was when i started on M30 timeframe. ps) not sure what the results are calculated in but instead of 500 should be 50.

Hi, mrtools,

Thank you for such clear presentation!

1) How come you trade lot sizes 0.01 0.02 and 0.03 yet you P/L can be in the hundreds/thousands?

2) How can I also report with pairs separated like yours?

3) You know this EA inside out. Could you between coffe and pizza drop some words behind each line explain what that parameter does and what are valid values?

Magic=103001

EcnBroker=1

TakeProfit=50.00000000

Lots=0.01000000

InitialStop=0.00000000

TrailingStop=20.00000000

MaxTrades=10

Pips=20

slippage=5

SecureProfit=5

AccountProtection=1

OrderstoProtect=3