Volatility Quality Index - page 44

Hi light-chair,

This version with this settings is having stop loss for every trade. And this dynamic stop loss value is very small sometimes - it can be 20 pips, or 30 pips. So, it is safe situation.

I agree that it is not perfect but will see.

At least - everything is going well for now with almost all the pairs (just 1 loss for AUDNZD for 10 dollars).

What I like here is that martingale trades are not keeping opened for many days or weeks and it is closing quickly with new martingale cycle started using lot size 0.01. And ATR + 15 pips settings is more safe with this situation but I am trading ATR Stop Loss + Non-ATR 15 pips Take Profit settings as it is more profitable (M5 timeframe).

And I want to remind that EA was created originally for H1 timeframe ...

Anyway - will see. I will continue forward testing and will post the statements almost daily.

mrtools

In this EA: "Volatility Quality EA 302martingle", we have:

"Hide SL" and "HideTP"

which means, everyone, I mean Hide Stop Loss and Take Profit Hide, as they are calculated (only an idea about programming to understand it better)?

PS. : You could make them visible on the graph of the price?

Thanks. Greetings

It was 2 martingale cycle with losses on the way as light-chair explained:

1 loss for GBPUSD yesterday and 1 loss for USDJPY today.

Generally - EA is performing good with this settings.

I will post the statements tomorrow (because there are still some open trade now for EURJPY.

sorry

newdigital...(Volatility Quality EA martingle 302)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You could make them ( ""Hide SL" and "HideTP"")visible on the graph of the price?

Thanks

Hi bebeshel,

The meaning of this settings (Hide SL and HideTP) - hide stop loss and take profit from broker (and from your chart too

It is good but once your computer will be closed, or electricity will be switched off, or Metatrader will be disconnected with the broker so you will not have this stop loss and take profit. Because Hide SL and HideTP - it is stop loss and take profit coded inside EA only.

So, better to unhide

read those threads for more information:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178636

I will post updated statements on Sunday (because I want to see how this EA will perform during NFP news event).

Hi light-chair,

Your proposal is very interesting https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general and one coder is insterested in it so if it will be sucessfull - updated version will be posted on this thread. But it is not so easy to program especially for american brokers with no-hedge situation. As to me so I am forward testing it with FXCM (ECN with hedge allowed).

It is the trades for today:

Thanks for all the hard work NewDigital....I was more looking into static stop loss and take profit. With dynamic stop loss, sometimes the loss are too much as seen in the chart.

My strategy was very simple, TakeProfit =5 Stop Loss=5 in 1 M chart, it was working well, thats why wanted to go with EA.

However, if dynamic stop loss works. great...i have tried with keeping dynamic pips=false as suggested by Mrtools earlier...however, it was still adjusting the stop loss dynamically.

I'm hiring a coder to implement my ideas...once its done..i will post the EA here..right now its all manual trading for me

Hi balista4,

If I need to forward test some other/additional settings so post your pre-set file or your settings for this version VQ_ Ea_v2 ecn-1a EA from this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general and I will forward test your settings too with posting the results.

I did not try tp 5 and sl 5 but in this case - DynamicSL and DynamicTP should be set to false. So, set DynamicSL to false.

ATR Stop Loss + Non-ATR 15 pips Take Profit settings: VQ_ Ea_v2 ecn-1a EA for normal and ECN/stp Metatrader's broker with default settings is on this post.

Statements by pairs and visual statements are attached to this post (inside zip file).

Some profit/loss in dollars for this week (in dollars):

AUDJPY: 45 dollars

AUDNZD: 5

AUDUSD: 3

EURAUD: 13

EURCHF: 3

EURJPY: 115

EURUSD: 18

GBPUSD: 33

USDCAD: -164

USDCHF: 32

USDJPY: 36

The other pairs did not have any trades yet for this week.

So, I am continuing trading/forward testing using M5 timeframe.

Just an example of the visual statements (from the beginning of the trading since 24 of March):

EURUSD:

EURJPY:

This one is AUDNZD and you can see how this pair recovered the loss:

All the statements (including Metatrader's statements by pairs, by pips and by dollars) - see zip file attached.

That's all news.

===================

- Explanation of ATR settings is on this post.

- ATR + 15 pips settings: VQ_ Ea_v2 EA for normal and ECN/stp Metatrader's broker with default settings is on this post.

- ATR Stop Loss + Non-ATR 15 pips Take Profit settings: VQ_ Ea_v2 ecn-1a EA for normal and ECN/stp Metatrader's broker with default settings is on this post - there is no close on trend change on this EA coded a version with it.

- Non-ATR 5 pips Take Profit settings + Non-ATR 5 pips Stop Loss settings: VQ_ Ea_v3 ecn EA is on this post - It is the version with regular stop loss and take profit set by default to 5.

- statements for M1 timeframe for VQ_ Ea_v2 EA ecn with ATR + 15 pips settings is on this post.

- statements for M5 timeframe for VQ_ Ea_v2 ecn-1a EA ecn with ATR Stop Loss + Non-ATR 15 pips Take Profit settings - more to follow.

Reason: