10points 3.mq4 - page 145

FutureMillionaire?:
.. and that was 10points 3_dynamic_stop with these settings.....

Profit=10

StopLoss=1(Dynamic stop features only)

Pips=6

MaxTrade=5(Depends on which indicator using, higher potential EA will put 6 instead of 5, never got up to 7. Too risky)

Right?

I shall have to give that a go.

Cheers,

Ray

put it on demo 1st. once you see the demo hit a stop loss, then kick in the live account. thats what i do. normally the market behaviour will be 1 stop loss 7 wins.

well... probably this will expain all your wonder. good luck.

attachedment removed....

davidke20:
put it on demo 1st. once you see the demo hit a stop loss, then kick in the live account. thats what i do. normally the market behaviour will be 1 stop loss 7 wins.

Interesting method

secure profit= equity up by this figure, kill all the trades regardless of stop loss/profit target

accountprotection= to activate secure profit

profit = total pips to reach take profit point

regards,

David

Combo account update

I have previously advised the details of my Combo account EAs. Basically it is a demo account with two EAs working on two charts. GoblinFibo shown on the report as RF1 trading EURUSD M30 and 10 point 4 Mod1e GBPUSD H1 clearly seperated on the report.

The Account was started on the 19th Feb and had a balance of $1870 with a starting unit of .1 aimed at finding a suitable set up to trade with a small account. Divide by 10 and you will see that it could have been run on $187 using .01 starting unit.

This detailed statement consists of all the trading since the account was started and is seperated by comments so that each EA can be assessed for it's contribution to the overall result. $714 Closed Profit and $2 Floating Profit has been obtained in the 7 trading days.

GoblinFibo settings:-

TakeProfit=16.00000000

Lots=0.10000000

InitialStop=1.00000000

TrailingStop=10.00000000

FiboProgression=1

MaxTrades=6

Pips=18

SecureProfit=5

AccountProtection=1

OrderstoProtect=3

EquityProtectionLevel=0.00000000

MaxLossPerOrder=0.00000000

ReverseCondition=0

StartYear=2005

StartMonth=1

EndYear=2050

EndMonth=12

mm=1

risk=1

AccountisNormal=0

Magic=123987

10 point 4 Mod1e settings are default except I was uncomfortable with a 0 stop loss and have set it to 100:-

BlockId=1

TakeProfit=20

Step=18

MoneyManagment=28

Lots=0.10000000

PricePlus=0.00140000

Manual=off

OpenBlock=1

ModifyBlock=0

FixLot=0

MicroLot=0

MaxiLot=0

Insure=9

BlockOrders=4

StopLoss=100

fema=14.00000000

sema=40.00000000

sig=8.00000000

cciperiod=14.00000000

timeperiod=60.00000000

timeperiod1=30.00000000

The EAs can be found on post #1408 on page #141

John

Files:
combo5.htm  88 kb
combo5.gif  6 kb

Looking good yeoeleven, david and everybody else I haven't mentioned.

I am testing 10points 3_dynamic_stop for less than 2 days now and account is up 5%(demo)

Althought it is a very short period, but I seem to have noticed something.

After the EA close the profit when tp has reached, it continue to place trades in the same direction right away. Over and over again with the min. lot size untill the market reverses.

For today it placed over 15 short trades on the usdjpy!

On this pair the spread is 3pips, so the EA could have saved over 45pips just on spread if it didn't open-close-open-close etc. but keep a lot running.

Am I making any sense?

OK, I'm confused.

Although I'm trading live. I've still got my demo accounts running. I've got one running normal lots, and one running small lots. Both have the same settings.

The one with normal lots (Big) suffered a big loss, and did not double beyond 3.20 lots. The one with small lots (Small) went to the next level (O.64) and won. My live account never broke a sweat, and only got to 0.16

Why?

Files:
big.htm  65 kb
small.htm  69 kb
live.htm  34 kb

Settings

humax:
Looking good yeoeleven, david and everybody else I haven't mentioned.

I am testing 10points 3_dynamic_stop for less than 2 days now and account is up 5%(demo)

Althought it is a very short period, but I seem to have noticed something.

After the EA close the profit when tp has reached, it continue to place trades in the same direction right away. Over and over again with the min. lot size untill the market reverses.

For today it placed over 15 short trades on the usdjpy!

On this pair the spread is 3pips, so the EA could have saved over 45pips just on spread if it didn't open-close-open-close etc. but keep a lot running.

Am I making any sense?

Everything to do with EAs is in the settings and if you have set for a small pipstep and small TP then the result mentioned above could easily occur. By the same token it could just as easily reached MaxTrades if the trade went against you.

The trade off is that if the settings were higher then the next progression takes longer to achieve but the progression has a longer pip span to get that retraction that will allow it to close successfully.

All in all you have to take notice of those experienced in trading martingale EAs and try their settings in demo mode. You will realise that David's idea of profitable settings differs from mine but he has the detailed statements to back his claims up and so do I but in the end you have to test and test some more and devise your own settings.

Keep up the testing and please advise us your results, also experiment with pairs and let us know if you come up with something special in the way of settings for particular pairs.

John

FutureMillionaire?:
OK, I'm confused.

Although I'm trading live. I've still got my demo accounts running. I've got one running normal lots, and one running small lots. Both have the same settings.

The one with normal lots (Big) suffered a big loss, and did not double beyond 3.20 lots. The one with small lots (Small) went to the next level (O.64) and won. My live account never broke a sweat, and only got to 0.16

Why?

Hello,

what version are you using? Can you upload it or direct us to its post number?

thanks

yeoeleven:
Everything to do with EAs is in the settings and if you have set for a small pipstep and small TP then the result mentioned above could easily occur. By the same token it could just as easily reached MaxTrades if the trade went against you.

The trade off is that if the settings were higher then the next progression takes longer to achieve but the progression has a longer pip span to get that retraction that will allow it to close successfully.

All in all you have to take notice of those experienced in trading martingale EAs and try their settings in demo mode. You will realise that David's idea of profitable settings differs from mine but he has the detailed statements to back his claims up and so do I but in the end you have to test and test some more and devise your own settings.

Keep up the testing and please advise us your results, also experiment with pairs and let us know if you come up with something special in the way of settings for particular pairs.

John

I think you misunderstood me. I agree with what you say, but I mean something different.

Today usdjpy moved over 300pips. (my broker 323)

No matter your big or small your tp is, it won't be enough to take this move at once.

I have tp=20 for this pair. On the way down, tp20 will easily be hit. Once it is hit, the EA goes short again. That one will also be hit andso on...

Ok, this is my suggestion: instead of closing down the short and reopen another short, is there a way to code the EA that it keeps on going and put a sl at the point where the exit was supposed to be. This is ofcourse very easy to say and for us easy to handle, but adding a code to the EA to anticipate this move... I don't know if it is even possible.

That's because I have no clue about writing an EA.

My opinion is that we pay enough spread already. Why pay more than we have to? I know, I feel so scrooge....

Sorry for my bad English

Reason: