Great EA in backtest! - page 34

xxDavidxSxx:
can you post the newest version for me. I'd like to run the exact same back test and forward test with both of them to see if there is a different outcome. Or give a link

thanks

Dave

sure.. here you go

thanks..

I am running euro$ on daily.

and gbp$ on 30 min just cause I want to wach it trade. 4 trades 2 lost 100$ each and 2 won about 85$ each. Looks like 30 min chart doesn't provide a large enough target range to give a good risk/reward ratio. s/l looks to almost always be 9-10 pips on back testing. So it has to be ran on a high enough time frame to give a good target.

Dunno. I might not understand the criteria for a trade but waching excucution of trades I should be able to see a common occurance in price action that triggers the entry. Mabe. And I had time to enter the trade on another platform if I wanted to. If it works well on a demo and turns out not to on a real account due to what ever reasons, it might be able to be ran on demo and manually exicuted on real. Using 1-4hr and daily. Since I am here all day waiting on my own trade signals anyways.

Just looking at all the possibilities

Dave

well, the 1_185f version i was running on 1 hour, but i did go back and re-read some of the first posts and i think you are to run the original version on 1 minute time frame. i could be wrong, so please double check some of the first posts.

furious_angel:
.. i am sure you know, but there are many versions of this particular EA. i am curious, which version are you testing?

i have been testing version 1_185f.

i also have availble to test: original version, 1.88.

please let me know.

aahh sry didn't realize...lol

I dunno what version

Dave

ok here's the results. I could not trade the 2 latest versions starting with 500$ because the lot size was too small for FXDD. .01-.09 was starting size. Couldn't do it with 1000$ either as it started with .08.

I had to start with 5000$

You will notice a huge differance in the total profits at the end of test period. All 3 peroids were exactly the same.

any comments?

Dave

Increase the Lots...

xxDavidxSxx:
ok here's the results. I could not trade the 2 latest versions starting with 500$ because the lot size was too small for FXDD. .01-.09 was starting size. Couldn't do it with 1000$ either as it started with .08.

You will notice a huge differance in the total profits at the end of test period. All 3 peroids were exactly the same.

any comments?

Dave

hey david set quantity of Lots to a higher value on the input screen..

Lots=0.1 or Lots=1.0 as you wish..

it would help..

xxDavidxSxx:

any comments?

Dave

Your risk in the first one is .5, in the other two it is .1 and that is why your lot size is so much different.

forest:
Your risk in the first one is .5, in the other two it is .1 and that is why your lot size is so much different.

aahh cool I'll have to play with that. FXDD will accept orders like .58 or .14just not .08. Min position size is .1.

Cause I'm looking at results on 500$ starting. If I have to enter a standard lot size I'd need 5k to start.

Don't mind testing real money with 500 but 5k is a different story. Or even 2.5k is too much for me to test with.

Dave

xxDavidxSxx:
aahh cool I'll have to play with that. FXDD will accept orders like .58 or .14just not .08. Min position size is .1.

Cause I'm looking at results on 500$ starting. If I have to enter a standard lot size I'd need 5k to start.

Don't mind testing real money with 500 but 5k is a different story. Or even 2.5k is too much for me to test with.

Dave

Yes, risk is directly corrolated to the lot sizes. I have found that some datafeeds treat it differently than others for some reason. You need to monkey with it to find a number you are comfortable with on the datafeed you will be using and stick with it, then focus on other aspects for optimization.

forest:
Yes, risk is directly corrolated to the lot sizes. I have found that some datafeeds treat it differently than others for some reason. You need to monkey with it to find a number you are comfortable with on the datafeed you will be using and stick with it, then focus on other aspects for optimization.

I changed the risk to .5 on the 2 newest versions and they didn't make trades when starting from 500$.

I am sticking to the first version.

I have played with the risk from 1.0-.1 and so far I like the .5 risk at least on back testing.

I have it on 3 currancy pairs euro/$ gbp$ and $jpy. It seems that it won't have more than 1 open at a time. Any one else notice this? Seems good as to not over leverage an account by haveing 2-3 orders open at one time.

might be best to just have it on 1 pair.

Dave

Reason: