10points 3.mq4 - page 321

10p3v0.04

yeoeleven:
Thank you David for this latest EA I have loaded it on to the 10 pairs that are default with an IBFX Standard account. I have used your default settings to start my testing. The account balance is $500 so the unit will be .01 to start = 10c using M30 TF. John

Sorry to have to report that this EA must have a bug within its opening strategies. For the first couple of progressions all was well but then it closed off in profit but left a .01 unit trade whilst it opened another progression with a different pair. This pair also left a trade after closing so I had 2 pairs trading at the one time. I closed off one in profit and the progression immediately opened again still leaving two pairs trading.

I have taken a detailed statement so the process can be looked at but I have closed off all trades and closed the platform until David can look at the EA.

All in all I am happy with the profitability it just has to do its job and only have one pair trading at one time.

John

Files:
0.04.htm  24 kb
0.04.gif  5 kb

I've got a question?? why 10 point 3 V.02 and V03 take very-very long time to Open position..

It's different with the V.1

I'm using those all EA in GU and EU H1 in each different MT4

unyil:
I've got a question?? why 10 point 3 V.02 and V03 take very-very long time to Open position..

It's different with the V.1

I'm using those all EA in GU and EU H1 in each different MT4

I'm not sure which indicator does the v1 used, but in v2 & 3 it is using MACD. The order is done when the histogram is below or equal with the MA line

richest:
I'm not sure which indicator does the v1 used, but in v2 & 3 it is using MACD. The order is done when the histogram is below or equal with the MA line

ohh...I got it..Just wondering if the newer version using MACD Indi. But i think it's a little bit unefficient..the EA is make a lot of loss moment by the price movement.. https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

yeoeleven:
Sorry to have to report that this EA must have a bug within its opening strategies. For the first couple of progressions all was well but then it closed off in profit but left a .01 unit trade whilst it opened another progression with a different pair. This pair also left a trade after closing so I had 2 pairs trading at the one time. I closed off one in profit and the progression immediately opened again still leaving two pairs trading.

I have taken a detailed statement so the process can be looked at but I have closed off all trades and closed the platform until David can look at the EA.

All in all I am happy with the profitability it just has to do its job and only have one pair trading at one time.

John

Will check it out and see what can I do with it.

unyil:
ohh...I got it..Just wondering if the newer version using MACD Indi. But i think it's a little bit unefficient..the EA is make a lot of loss moment by the price movement.. https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

If you have some free time, please read this thread from atleast page #160 to the present. You'll see how far we got out from the previous thurmoil. The reason you're trading is looking for excitement, so I guess the original 10poin3 at page #17 will do you best. I hope you seriously understand how far we got before you lay down your comment. Cheers.

Regards

David

I am testing this on EURO/USD on the 1 hour chart using Max trades set to 5, seems a fairly safe option. What is the set file if you don't mind me asking, what does it actually do and do you need one?

Thanks for your help

Set file

adrazz:
I am testing this on EURO/USD on the 1 hour chart using Max trades set to 5, seems a fairly safe option. What is the set file if you don't mind me asking, what does it actually do and do you need one? Thanks for your help

I agree that using only EURUSD on a H1 TF with MaxTrades5 would be a relatively safe option but you have not specified which version of 10p3 that you are using.

The set file is used to retain settings that may have been used and found to be successful. The file is saved to Experts/Presets and used with the Load option on the inputs page after accessing Expert Properties. If you are happy with a particular range of settings currently in use you can create a set file by using the Save option and by using a specific name.

John

davidke20:
Will check it out and see what can I do with it....

Another (tiny) alteration you might also make is use 'Maxlots' rather than '100' in a few places in the code - I use WHC for backtesting which has a 20 lot limit...

yeoeleven:
I agree that using only EURUSD on a H1 TF with MaxTrades5 would be a relatively safe option but you have not specified which version of 10p3 that you are using.

The set file is used to retain settings that may have been used and found to be successful. The file is saved to Experts/Presets and used with the Load option on the inputs page after accessing Expert Properties. If you are happy with a particular range of settings currently in use you can create a set file by using the Save option and by using a specific name.

John

Thanks Yeo for the reply and explanation. I am using 10p3 version 2

omelette:
Another (tiny) alteration you might also make is use 'Maxlots' rather than '100' in a few places in the code - I use WHC for backtesting which has a 20 lot limit...

noted, will include them next time. Meanwhile, I am still checking why John's incident is happening.

Regards

David

Reason: