Goblin "BiPolar" Edition - page 26

bluto:
The only way to really limit drawdown is to use proper lot sizing in relation to what your equity is and don't over-leverage. Janus has posted some great discussions on this.You're going to have losing trades - no doubt about it, but the EA seems to work particularly well when you limit MaxTrades to 4 or 5, and use wider stops. Read through this and the Goblin thread as well as the 10Point3 thread for some exhaustive discussions on the account protection scheme and what it does...essentially it just bails you out of a winning trade early to grab some minimum profit.

What do you mean wider stops? Is initial stop = 1 automatic calculated stop loss??? if you have max trade = 4 pipstep 10 meaning your stop loss for all orders is 40??? correct me if i am wrong

Fibo mode

Bluto,

don't you think Fibo mode in Bipolar is worth fixing (less margin requirement) ?

Below my test on Goblin Fibo 1.2 running in David's hedge configuration.

H1 timeframe.

TakeProfit=32.00000000

Lots=0.10000000

InitialStop=0.00000000

TrailingStop=17.00000000

FiboProgression=1

MaxTrades=5

Pips=18

SecureProfit=10

AccountProtection=0

OrderstoProtect=0

EquityProtectionLevel=0.00000000

MaxLossPerOrder=0.00000000

ReverseCondition=0

StartYear=2005

StartMonth=1

EndYear=2050

EndMonth=12

mm=0

risk=12

AccountisNormal=0

Magic=123987

tomstaufer:
Bluto,

don't you think Fibo mode in Bipolar is worth fixing (less margin requirement) ?

H1 timeframe.

TakeProfit=32.00000000

Lots=0.10000000

InitialStop=0.00000000

TrailingStop=17.00000000

FiboProgression=1

MaxTrades=5

Pips=18

SecureProfit=10

AccountProtection=0

OrderstoProtect=0

ReverseCondition=0

StartYear=2005

StartMonth=1

EndYear=2050

EndMonth=12

mm=0

risk=12

AccountisNormal=0

Magic=123987

Tom,

I thinks it's worth fixing if folks want it. Problem is, I'm not sure what's wrong with it. I simply copied the code from GoblinFibo...it should work the same as is. It's not producing errors when it runs, so I'd need some detailed explanation of what it's doing wrong and what it should be doing. I don't use that option myself, so what I'd like is for Tross to doctor up Goblin BiPolar like he did with Goblin.

tomstaufer:
Bluto,

H1 timeframe.

TakeProfit=32.00000000

Lots=0.10000000

InitialStop=0.00000000

TrailingStop=17.00000000

FiboProgression=1

MaxTrades=5

Pips=18

SecureProfit=10

AccountProtection=0

OrderstoProtect=0

ReverseCondition=0

StartYear=2005

StartMonth=1

EndYear=2050

EndMonth=12

mm=0

risk=12

AccountisNormal=0

Magic=123987

how do u manage the hedge? manual enter positions? i see you testing on 4 pairs...that will make you busy doing hedging.... goblin bipolar should be able to do this...

abrs70:
how do u manage the hedge? manual enter positions? i see you testing on 4 pairs...that will make you busy doing hedging.... goblin bipolar should be able to do this...

Yes Goblin Bipolar does it but there is a problem with Fibonacci progression mode thats why I am testing with regular Goblin Fibo 1.2. This is David's setup-I attach Goblin twice with different magic number for Long and Short.

Look at attached picture.

Files:
setup_2.gif  98 kb

tom,

I can't duplicate your results exactly.

In my backtests with lotsize of .01 or .1 it Fibo progresses properly. (MM off)

I did find that with moneymanegement set to TRUE it will adjust the lot size during a progression depending on your account balance, which is how it is written.

I'm not going to change this at this point in time.

Try some backtests with moneymanagement off.

Or some forward tests with MM off.

Let me know.

Tross

Ok. Tross. I will and post results. Thanks.

when to stop out?

May be a silly question.

If I don't specify stoploss in the EA but the trend goes to the opposite direction even the number of orders specified in "MaxTrade" opened, when will the EA close the orders? Or it just let the account being blown-up?

wilson1668:
If I don't specify stoploss in the EA but the trend goes to the opposite direction even the number of orders specified in "MaxTrade" opened, when will the EA close the orders? Or it just let the account being blown-up?

correct, it blows up.

so use initial stoploss with a higher value to push your stops further away.

or you can use max loss per order, something like 10% of your account.

Tross

tomstaufer:
Yes Goblin Bipolar does it but there is a problem with Fibonacci progression mode thats why I am testing with regular Goblin Fibo 1.2. This is David's setup-I attach Goblin twice with different magic number for Long and Short. Look at attached picture.

Sorry to ask, but in order to change the "magic number", can I simply change the last digit in the inputs tab?

Reason: