10points 3.mq4 - page 58

Terminator Option 5 Results

OpenOrdersBasedOn is set to...

5=i-TrendRSIStochMoneyFlowIndex

This is being run on Demo Account 5 on the 4 suggested pairs.

ruparaw:
So any conclussion as so far, which one is the best 10point3 or terminator then

In my opinion, I feel that the Terminator has a better chance at profit because it has better indicators to choose from and would then be able to make a more informed decision on whether it should go long or short on a currency pair. I feel that using option 0 (MACD) in Terminator or 10point3 (which uses MACD) as it stands is not a good idea. I do believe that Terminator could be improved but has more of a chance to begin with. I also want to say the the idea behind 10point3 is great but that it just doesn't make the best choices when it comes to opening a new trade.

When I say better indicators, I guess that is not true. Terminator's other indicator options just seem to be used in a better way.

Margin needed...

Just thought I might share some margin information. The attached image shows what it would take to start with a 0.01 (micro) trade all the way to a 10th possible trade for a given pair. You will see that if the worst were to happen and the EA needed to open a 10th trade then it would be costing you $511.50 in margin. That is per currency and a larger balance than that would be needed to cover any negative you had due to have so many bad trades open. The maxtrades variable can be set lower although I have found that depending on where/when you start that more than 6 is sometimes needed.

Also remember that starting with a micro (0.01) means you will only be earning 1 cent per point and less than that on other pairs. So it would take you a while to build up your account a this pace. I would say you might need 1k per pair you were going to trade starting each at 0.01.

The good news is that it will build faster and faster as it goes on if you increase you start or use MM but getting started can be tough.

Files:
margin.jpg  29 kb

newdigital:
mtaboneweb, I've sent pm to you sorry.

Hey Mr Admin, can I know what was happening, why the PM was sent to mtaboneweb? ...

mtaboneweb:
In my opinion, I feel that the Terminator has a better chance at profit because it has better indicators to choose from and would then be able to make a more informed decision on whether it should go long or short on a currency pair. I feel that using option 0 (MACD) in Terminator or 10point3 (which uses MACD) as it stands is not a good idea. I do believe that Terminator could be improved but has more of a chance to begin with. I also want to say the the idea behind 10point3 is great but that it just doesn't make the best choices when it comes to opening a new trade. When I say better indicators, I guess that is not true. Terminator's other indicator options just seem to be used in a better way.

I would say OpenOrdersBasedOn is set to...1=Pivot Point Time Zone is the best setting should we go, am I right?

mtaboneweb:
Just thought I might share some margin information. The attached image shows what it would take to start with a 0.01 (micro) trade all the way to a 10th possible trade for a given pair. You will see that if the worst were to happen and the EA needed to open a 10th trade then it would be costing you $511.50 in margin. That is per currency and a larger balance than that would be needed to cover any negative you had due to have so many bad trades open. The maxtrades variable can be set lower although I have found that depending on where/when you start that more than 6 is sometimes needed.

Also remember that starting with a micro (0.01) means you will only be earning 1 cent per point and less than that on other pairs. So it would take you a while to build up your account a this pace. I would say you might need 1k per pair you were going to trade starting each at 0.01.

The good news is that it will build faster and faster as it goes on if you increase you start or use MM but getting started can be tough.

ermmm!! 0.01 on micro to start? at max open 10 orders. Well I dont know it might be the safer way to go. For your info sharing I was using 10point3 since 3 months ago, IBFX mini, 2.5k initial fund, 4 currencies, started with 0.25(micro) and limit to max trade of 5. As until now still in profit (manageable)

ruparaw:
ermmm!! 0.01 on micro to start? at max open 10 orders. Well I dont know it might be the safer way to go. For your info sharing I was using 10point3 since 3 months ago, IBFX mini, 2.5k initial fund, 4 currencies, started with 0.25(micro) and limit to max trade of 5. As until now still in profit (manageable)

I would not disagree with what you say although maxtrades 5 takes far less margin than 10 does. The Terminator and 10point3 defaults are maxtrades of 10. I have had a few situations where even 6 wasn't enough to keep me out of trouble although I believe it's because the MACD in 10point3 sent me in the wrong direction to begin with. Then by the time some major news hit I was already deep into trades and was just enough extra to push me out. There are a few major news days I will be avoiding from this point out (1st friday, 13thish, and last tuesday). These days have a tendancy to move the market more than usual.

I am considering writing my own EA that could possibly take advantage of those crucial news reports. I had heard of strategies in the past that go something like this...

Take EUR/USD for example on the first Friday of the month at around 8:30am. The EA would open a long and short position on the pair which InterbankFX allows you to do (I tested it). It would set S/L of say 20 pips and T/P of say 40 pips for each trade. When the market took a run in a direction then one would hit S/L and the other would hit T/P resulting in a 20 pip profit for the pair. The higher your trades open the higher your profit margin will be (20 pips could be $100.00 with 5 minis). I have done this manually setting all S/L and T/P on previous FXCM accounts since they don't allow hedging. All I did was take account 1 and go long on EUR/USD and short on USD/CHF and then the opposite on account 2 so either way there would be a winner on each account. FXCM was very good about closing when they should so I can't say how it would work on InterbankFX. An EA would just make a manual possibility easier by doing all the work for you. Any thoughts?

New ideas

I have been away from this thread for 24 hours and in that time there have been several suggestions made for the improvement of 10points and other suggestions that Terminator with Option1 would be a better proposition.

Is it possible to improve 10points by adding more indicators that can be used simultaneously and would that be better than using just one indicator of choice in Terminator?

Other suggestions were to use fibonnacci numbers for increment increases, an improved StopLoss and Pipsteps adjusted according to each pairs average daily performance.

Some ideas can be done in the preset area of the EA but most would require a reworking of the actual coding as tururo did when he introduced the Dynamic Stop back on page 18.

I have no coding skills but it would be helpful if one of our testers could improve 10points by adding other indicators so that further testing can be done and a comparison with Terminator could be made.

My week to date testing of 10points but now down to one pair and starting at .2 units and Termination option 1 is attached.

Have just had another loss at the MaxTrades6 level in 10points so as has been suggested this EA's weakness is that it needs more help in setting the direction of the trade. Terminator looks good on the gif but had a large minus floating profit. So neither are looking good this week.

John

Files:
10points25.htm  18 kb
term12.htm  29 kb
term12.gif  5 kb

mtaboneweb:
Take EUR/USD for example on the first Friday of the month at around 8:30am. The EA would open a long and short position on the pair which InterbankFX allows you to do (I tested it). It would set S/L of say 20 pips and T/P of say 40 pips for each trade. When the market took a run in a direction then one would hit S/L and the other would hit T/P resulting in a 20 pip profit for the pair. The higher your trades open the higher your profit margin will be (20 pips could be $100.00 with 5 minis). I have done this manually setting all S/L and T/P on previous FXCM accounts since they don't allow hedging. All I did was take account 1 and go long on EUR/USD and short on USD/CHF and then the opposite on account 2 so either way there would be a winner on each account. FXCM was very good about closing when they should so I can't say how it would work on InterbankFX. An EA would just make a manual possibility easier by doing all the work for you. Any thoughts?

As a basic strategy this seems appealing, but it has an inherent flaw. There are major cycles and minor cycles, and there is a signficant chance to hit both SL without ever hitting the TP. If you are going to trade in this fashion I would recommend an even tighter stop loss (10 pip?) and a trailing stop of 5-10 points (Not possible using client, see https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175481 ) Of course, without a large spike all of these trading types would be loosing positiongs. There is a risk that your SL wouldn't get obeyed during a news event, and SL10 becomes a loosing trade of 50 pip. Hopefully broker selection would fix this, but the only way to test it is with real money. Also the broker may give a precise price for 0.1 lots but have a great deal of slippage on a 5 lot trade.

my terminatorv2.0 ordertyp 1 only Buy and does not sell, i wonder. the results are good, but its crazy

Reason: