MT4 30 pips system - page 20

DanielTyrkiel:
Hi all, I've started using this method yesterday on my live accnt with a grid expert. Here's the idea. The grid expert doesn't increase the lots once the balance gets higher, so in order to increase the lots I will add another chart with another expert. In my opinion, one should increase the size of existing orders. Not doing so is missing profit. The basic idea is to shift the "weight" of losing positions closer to the current price and we can only do it if we have the latest (biggest) orders near the current price. Here's the ea I'm using. With different settings though.

Hi Daniel,

As I wrote in my earlier post in this thread I am also testing several versions ot 30pips EA because I think it is a promising solution.

I understand your idea and it is great. I cannot understand the implementation of the idea though. Do you intend to use two MakeGrid193 on two charts on the same currency pair? How can you connect the two EAs?

I would like to ask you to give us a little more details about your solution. (I read about MakeGrid EA earlier but I never tested it. So, I have no idea how it is possible to implement your idea in practice.)

saltcafe:
I'd hate to ask what may be a dumb question, but is this account balanceor account equity that you are referring to?

On my autotrade it does grow the account balance, but it is currently reducing my account equity? (Have been running this on EURUSD for 2 weeks so not particularly long enough to make a comment on it's success or failure yet)

Also have been thinking if it may be better to trade this system on ranging crosses, rather then the trending majors? What are your sugestions?

I think while the traded pair is going to one direction the float's increase outruns the balance's increase. When the trend reverses the balance should grow further and this time the equitiy also should grow quickly while the float should decrease. So, ranging markets are better to this method.

Also have been thinking if it may be better to trade this system on ranging crosses, rather then the trending majors?

And that is an exelent idea my friend, how 'bout EURCHF? I'll run some tests on it.

EDIT: naaah, don't like it, euro does more in the same time with less margin.

If you look at it closely, euro isn't that of a trending market as cable is. Do some visual tests with the expert I posted. I'll repost it again in a moment with my settings. Go to the previous post to download, and then do a visual on euro.

Hi all,

I've started using this method yesterday on my live accnt with a grid expert. Here's the idea. The grid expert doesn't increase the lots once the balance gets higher, so in order to increase the lots I will add another chart with another expert. In my opinion, one should increase the size of existing orders. Not doing so is missing profit. The basic idea is to shift the "weight" of losing positions closer to the current price and we can only do it if we have the latest (biggest) orders near the current price. Here's the ea I'm using. With different settings though.

hello ppl

today i got a chance to access the internet here

and after talked to my friend , she said someone here suggest to add the trailling stop to the ea then i do it by the notepad..so not sure about how the compilation will be

but i checked it four times so i think it will ok

and after had it running in my head for a while .. i think it's better to send limit/stop order by following current bid and ask by sending the limit/stop above and below the current nearest trade level (set the gap by TP +/- day_open, and 30 (default) level above/below day_open)

ie. today open is 1.9077 and you set the TP to 15

then there'll be 30 level with gap of 15 point above and below 1.9077

(30*15 = 450 point) ..

from 1.9077 step up 15 point each to 1.9527

and 1.9077 step down 15 point each to 1.8627

and one thing ..i think it helps.. is to avoid the big news day or news hour like a well known ea does

BTW .. i have added something to avoid "invalid stops" error , i think it helps , and set the closePartial to false cos my friend said it sometimes helped, sometimes not..hope trialling stop can help us

...here you go the ea

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

see you next year

Files:

DanielTyrkiel:
Hi all, I've started using this method yesterday on my live accnt with a grid expert. Here's the idea. The grid expert doesn't increase the lots once the balance gets higher, so in order to increase the lots I will add another chart with another expert. In my opinion, one should increase the size of existing orders. Not doing so is missing profit. The basic idea is to shift the "weight" of losing positions closer to the current price and we can only do it if we have the latest (biggest) orders near the current price. Here's the ea I'm using. With different settings though.

Please can you post your settings for using the EA you attached.

Thanks

done already, just download the ea again a few posts higher.

Cleansing

Hi Phoenix,

Nice to see you back! Thank you for the good work, I like your EAs

There are some functions I still do not understand though. One of them was posted a few posts above, another is as follows:

Sometimes the EA cleans the account, that is, it closes all the live and pending orders. After the first several such occasions I switched CloseScrap to false. Despite this the EA cleaned the account this Monday morning again, you can see the result of that action on the statement attached.

I am planning to go live with it but I would like to be sure that it won't start to clean when it shouldn't.

Any advice would be appreciated. Regards

phoenix:
hello ppl

today i got a chance to access the internet here

and after talked to my friend , she said someone here suggest to add the trailling stop to the ea then i do it by the notepad..so not sure about how the compilation will be

but i checked it four times so i think it will ok

and after had it running in my head for a while .. i think it's better to send limit/stop order by following current bid and ask by sending the limit/stop above and below the current nearest trade level (set the gap by TP +/- day_open, and 30 (default) level above/below day_open)

ie. today open is 1.9077 and you set the TP to 15

then there'll be 30 level with gap of 15 point above and below 1.9077

(30*15 = 450 point) ..

from 1.9077 step up 15 point each to 1.9527

and 1.9077 step down 15 point each to 1.8627

and one thing ..i think it helps.. is to avoid the big news day or news hour like a well known ea does

BTW .. i have added something to avoid "invalid stops" error , i think it helps , and set the closePartial to false cos my friend said it sometimes helped, sometimes not..hope trialling stop can help us

...here you go the ea

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

see you next year
Files:

I'm a grid trader and have been one for a long time now. Some may know me from other forums as JPS.

I have traded like this buying and selling every X pips and in a ranging market this strategy works wonders!! It was the exact way I began trading my first "live" account. I calculated how large a one directional move my margin could handle ( about 800 pips) and went in for the kill! Everything was going great until April 2006 on the Eur/Usd. The market took off and I watched my account grow smaller and smaller each day till orders started being deleted no money.

In a range this system works great but in a trend it will kill you. My suggestion as one who has tried and tested 100's of methods like this is to either A.) stick with pairs that have a smaller range of yearly highs to yearly lows like Eur/Chf and similar pairs. B.) trade in the direction of the trend, If MACD reads up, buy orders. If MACD reads down "then" place the sell orders. Had I done this in April 2006, my account would still be around. C.) use a much larger takeprofit than 30. I would suggest 50+.

If any type of grid trading (i call this grid trading) strategy has genuine merit in it's abilities it should work on any pair. Markets and the world change every day. What worked last month/last year, might not work this month/this year. Take a look at the Usd/Cad. Would this strategy work on this pair over the last 10 years or so? No. Eur/Usd or Gbp/Usd could look like this in the future. No one knows.

AND if you decide to do it anyways please take the time to create an Excel chart that will show you how big of a pip move you can withstand should the market trend and stay trending for a long time.

Here's an example that I used when I traded this way.

(See the picture/link below)

Numbers in the green column are those closing in profit. The numbers in the orange column are the floating losers that are piling up. The blue numbers are how many times the market would need to retrace in order to breakeven/reach profit.

P.S. I still trade grids, just found better ways of doing it that are still profitable, won't blow up my account, and have less risk

EDIT: Increasing lot size against floating losers may work...? But...1.) this will require more management on your part, 2.) you need to be able to adjust your sell lot size seperately from you buy lot size (or losers could get HUGE), and 3.) In a deep/long trend you will only be holding your account position and not actually accumulating "real equity" profit.

Just my 2 pips Have a grid day!!

Files:
Reason: