Loss higher than profit (SL, TP equal). Is this comission?

To add comments, please log in or register
atotheb2
atotheb2  

Hi guys,

I'm trying to develop my own expert advisor and I am still a beginner in all of this.

I am making random orders in my EA and during the backtest, I set the spread to 0 and I also limit my orders to slippage 0.

I am also setting both stop loss and take profit to the same amount (5 pips).

Normally I would think that I am getting the very same profit hitting TP as I would loose the same amount hitting SL, but this is simply not happening.

My loss trades are always more money than my profit trades. The difference is exactly $11 per lot. Is this some type of MT4 standard comission, because on my broker I have $5.5 comission round turn?

This really looks like some type of comission, because higher lot sizes reveal the same percentage of that 'comission'.

I always thought comission is not included in the MT4 backtest, so I am just wondering what that comission is?

Thanks so much!

Fernando Morales
Fernando Morales  
atotheb2:

Hi guys,

I'm trying to develop my own expert advisor and I am still a beginner in all of this.

I am making random orders in my EA and during the backtest, I set the spread to 0 and I also limit my orders to slippage 0.

I am also setting both stop loss and take profit to the same amount (5 pips).

Normally I would think that I am getting the very same profit hitting TP as I would loose the same amount hitting SL, but this is simply not happening.

My loss trades are always more money than my profit trades. The difference is exactly $11 per lot. Is this some type of MT4 standard comission, because on my broker I have $5.5 comission round turn?

This really looks like some type of comission, because higher lot sizes reveal the same percentage of that 'comission'.

I always thought comission is not included in the MT4 backtest, so I am just wondering what that comission is?

Thanks so much!

The spread

atotheb2
atotheb2  
Fernando Morales:

The spread

I don‘t think you read through my post.
Fernando Morales
Fernando Morales  
atotheb2:

Yes, I did.

Siti Latifah
Siti Latifah  
Fernando Morales:

Yes, I did.

atotheb2:

right, that is default spread.

do not put 0, just put 1 on the spread value.

and you will see...

atotheb2
atotheb2  
Thanks for the replies so far. It is right that when you put spread 0, the default spread will remain. However, I tried this also with a non-commission account and the result was entirely different. As it turns out, commission is also calculated into the backtest from the broker. It had 11$ difference on my ECN account and 0$ difference on my non-commission account with the same EA and equal sl and tp trades. Commission is indeed inside the backtest, but you cannot control it manually. 
To add comments, please log in or register