10points 3.mq4 - page 45

Forward testing

Attached are Thursday & Friday detailed statements.

I have closed off this EA for the weekend and also included progressive results for the past two weeks.

John

yeoeleven:
Attached are Thursday & Friday detailed statements.

I have closed off this EA for the weekend and also included progressive results for the past two weeks.

John

At one point I thought you mentioned that you were leaving it on over the weekend and not closing positions manually? Did something happen to change your mind? Also, is this a live account or demo?

Questions?

yeoeleven:
Always on the lookout for an EA to forward test I noticed an interesting EA posted here

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175298

It is called Terminator and apparently is being tested in the elite section.

What surprised me was that it is DLMv1.1 which was developed from 10points_3 with different trading indicators.

I have downloaded it and set it up to trade from Monday morning using the IBFX demo $5000 platform on H1. I have gone back to the original settings except to trade from .01 using all the pairs mentioned up to Maxtrades10 and TP 38.

The idea being to look for incidences of trades exceeding MaxTrades6 as well as to note the effects of the other 3 indicators. It wouldn't be too hard for some amongst us to add the other indicators to our 10points_ Dynamic_Stop If they prove to be effective. Open to any other ideas in utilising it's benefits to improve our 10points3.

A final weeks summary is added for last week's testing of 10points 3

John

You mention that you are using this EA? Could you please explain how to setup this EA and whether it will work for small accounts as well? Is there a reason you would stick with the 10points if this one works better (not sure if it does)? Post 15 on the above link has 4 files that I downloaded...

Terminator v2.0.mq4

i Trend.mq4

Pivot Lines Timezone.mq4

Support and Resistance.mq4

I did not download "Martingail_17_10_06.mq4" from post 13. Is this one needed or is the "Terminator v2.0.mq4" the latest version of that? Sorry for all the questions but I'm a little confused as to what is what?

mtaboneweb:
At one point I thought you mentioned that you were leaving it on over the weekend and not closing positions manually? Did something happen to change your mind? Also, is this a live account or demo?

I am using a demo account and the position of the trade influences my decision re weekend trading. On this occasion I was nicely in profit just before the weekend so I closed it manually.

John

settings

kenari, i pm'd you about the settings, are you busy?? are you still having good results......

Terminator

mtaboneweb:
You mention that you are using this EA? Could you please explain how to setup this EA and whether it will work for small accounts as well? Is there a reason you would stick with the 10points if this one works better (not sure if it does)? Post 15 on the above link has 4 files that I downloaded...

Terminator v2.0.mq4

i Trend.mq4

Pivot Lines Timezone.mq4

Support and Resistance.mq4

I did not download "Martingail_17_10_06.mq4" from post 13. Is this one needed or is the "Terminator v2.0.mq4" the latest version of that? Sorry for all the questions but I'm a little confused as to what is what?

I downloaded the Expert Advisor (Terminator v2.0.mq4) and placed the 3 three (Indicators i Trend.mq4 Pivot Lines Timezone.mq4 & Support and Resistance.mq4) into the Indicators file. Once they are in the file it is not necessary to open them on the charts because the EA will access them provided they are in place.

The other EA (Martingail_17_10_06.mq4) is nothing to do with Terminator just a similar EA but the Terminator was evolved from 10points3 hence my interest in it. As it happened I found no value in the Terminator and removed it after a couple of days. It would need time to tweak just to get it to perform like 10points3 and I didn't think it worth the effort since 10points 3 Dynamic Stop has been performing so well.

John

forward-test demo acc

forward-test demo acc

Files:

my setting works on Northfinance broker too !

see attached.

Files:
bukti2.jpg  338 kb

10points 3

I've tried back testing and found only Sell in my results. Does anyone know what happen. I've set in the dialog box with Long/Short.

Greentooth:
I've tried back testing and found only Sell in my results. Does anyone know what happen. I've set in the dialog box with Long/Short.

what is your period of testing? that could be the trend is bearish all the way

Reason: