SuperWoodieCCI - page 7

Blaiserboy:
Howard

I am not the local guru. but I will tell you my thoughts

tyhe files must be saved to the indicators file in metatrader directory whic is a subfile of experts...

then they have to be compiled.

then re start metatrader and they should all appear under 'custom indicators'

I hope this helps

dave

Thanks Dave

Please explain how to save the files to the indicators file in meta trader after the download is complete, I cannot find this file and maybe this is my problem.

When my download is finished I normally get the "Desktop" or "My documents" as a place to save.

Howard

Locate the file wherever it may be.......

right click on it...... and a menu will appear..... hit 'copy'

Go to the start menu...... click on my computer..... then program files, then metatrader. then experts.... and then indicators.......

then paste the file in there......

open metatrader editor......... and open the file from the metatrader indicators directory.......

then compile it.......

and you should now find the file on your list of indicators in the metatrader program.......

hopefully I have listed the steps correctly...... LOL

Good Luck!!!!!!!

Blaiserboy:
Locate the file wherever it may be.......

right click on it...... and a menu will appear..... hit 'copy'

Go to the start menu...... click on my computer..... then program files, then metatrader. then experts.... and then indicators.......

then paste the file in there......

open metatrader editor......... and open the file from the metatrader indicators directory.......

then compile it.......

and you should now find the file on your list of indicators in the metatrader program.......

hopefully I have listed the steps correctly...... LOL

Good Luck!!!!!!!

Hi Dave

At last got it.

Thanks a lot.

Howard, I am glad you had success....... I was kinda worried that I gave bad instructions...... LOL

Always save the newly downloaded indicator to the indicator file and then compile......

I went thru the same difficulties a long time ago.....

I think you will be able to do well with metatrader, I have had some good luck with it......

there is a sidewinder and CZI available. they are probably posted in this forum somewhere.....

and you will learn a lot by going to woodie's room each day

I recommend that you locate in the 'woodies university' the spreadsheet, and practise for a gazillion hours using it......

I feel that once you catch on to the CCI..... you will have a solid foundation forever.... it may take a while...... well worth the effort....

dave

Howard......

sometimes we tend to complex our charts and our trades....

I use a 200 trend line break and cci slingshot..... two simple, easy to spot patterns and I do ok with them......

The temptation to have fancy charts is great....... but is sometimes confusing and expensive..... I so strongly urge you to limit your trades to a couple simple patterns..........

Blaiserboy:
Howard......

sometimes we tend to complex our charts and our trades....

I use a 200 trend line break and cci slingshot..... two simple, easy to spot patterns and I do ok with them......

The temptation to have fancy charts is great....... but is sometimes confusing and expensive..... I so strongly urge you to limit your trades to a couple simple patterns..........

Thanks again, Dave

While we are on the matter of downloads, I have been searching for Daily Pivots as well, found a couple of them but they are not nice looking.

Do you use pivots and are you aware of any good download files.

I have other charting packages with good pivots but would like to place it all on MT4

Howard

i use this one

I am not saying it is the best.......

I dont use pivots too much....... so I am a poor judge as to their use and quality......

try this and see what u think...

Files:

Blaiserboy:
i use this one

I am not saying it is the best.......

I dont use pivots too much....... so I am a poor judge as to their use and quality......

try this and see what u think...

different type of pivot but nicely drawn up, thanks

Blaiserboy, which indicators do you use? If possible can you post them so I can download them or a link to them?

thanks

howard:
different type of pivot but nicely drawn up, thanks

Hello again Dave

Last week you mentioned something about the way you trade by way of using a 200 and cci which is doing well, could you give me more details as to entry , exits and time frames and general information if you don't mind.

If you wish, you may use other means of communication.

Howard

Reason: