10points 3.mq4 - page 20

A suggestion to everybody that are using 10mpoints3.

Put the EA to work on the FXDD broker, tomorrow at 18.30GMT and close all positons on friday 20.00GMT...

And you will see the results

STANDARD SETTINGS

TF30

PAIRS:

GBPUSD

EURUSD

USDCHF

USDJPY

AUDUSD

USDCAD

EURJPY

EURCHF

a mini account with 1 k

ok.. well, i will give this little monster a 24 hour shot at &%** up my account. i am up for the rest of the day anyways - so i will be able to watch it go through all the markets and see what it does.. i will run this only on 1 pair. i have been keeping track of which pair this seams to do the best on for the last 3 weeks.

Attached is a copy of my report upated since post #179 on DLMv1.3 using settings in that post. Notice if you started Sunday evening with 0.06 (6) maxtrades up to 1.92 and Ran only EUR & CHF and deleted GBP you would be up in booked profits $1,265 with current float of ($62). GBP is very risky with running this currency, I personally do not like it based on previous forward tests with this and 10point3, yes it can add profit quickly but it seems it will bite you much more frequently.

Velocity4x will allow 1:200 leverage upon request.

Files:
dlmv1.3_1.htm  97 kb

10points 3

I will be unable to post updates on the forward testing of 10points 3 dynamic loss.

It was running on my USB drive which had to be removed for 24 hours and in that time continued to trade without the Expert Advisors restrictions. The GBP trade went unchecked without increased increments and without the stop loss. The results were compromised and I have started it up again on a FXDD demo account.

We have however found out the InterBankFX will trade micro lots of .01 unit. A problem which was evident earlier in this thread when some members with some brokers accounts were unable to trade .01 units.

John

yeoeleven:
I will be unable to post updates on the forward testing of 10points 3 dynamic loss.

It was running on my USB drive which had to be removed for 24 hours and in that time continued to trade without the Expert Advisors restrictions. The GBP trade went unchecked without increased increments and without the stop loss. The results were compromised and I have started it up again on a FXDD demo account.

We have however found out the InterBankFX will trade micro lots of .01 unit. A problem which was evident earlier in this thread when some members with some brokers accounts were unable to trade .01 units.

John

If you were using the "dynamic stop" correctly it won't run unchecked. Make sure InitialStop is > 0, otherwise no stops will be put in place. Any number is good but i would recommend a value from 1 to 5. The EA can be disconnected for a long time, but you are protected by your stops. I notice a lot of you are using the risky practice of setting InitialStop to 0.

tururo:
If you were using the "dynamic stop" correctly it won't run unchecked. Make sure InitialStop is > 0, otherwise no stops will be put in place. Any number is good but i would recommend a value from 1 to 5. The EA can be disconnected for a long time, but you are protected by your stops. I notice a lot of you are using the risky practice of setting InitialStop to 0.

what does the range from 1-5 signify..?

This certainly is one wierd EA. With GBPUSD it is selling against the trend and it's still making a profit. I wonder what it can do if it's actually trading with the trend. I think the later incarnations of this have addressed getting better entry signals.

furious_angel:
what does the range from 1-5 signify..?

An arbitrary number of your choosing, of how many pips beyond the maxtrade stop point you want to place your stops. E.g. Maxtrades = 5, Pips = 15, InitialStop = 1, stop point = 76 pips from opening trade. If InitialStop=5, stop point = 80 pips from opening trade. If InitialStop = 10, stop point = 85 pips from opening trade. I hope you get the idea.

RJ1:
Well, I do agree that running this EA with small capital is quite risky. Anyway, I am running this EA live with default setting, in a $800 real account, using minilots (starts at 0.1 lot) since 5th September and as of today, my balance is about $1.3K. I do get many "Not enough money" alerts, but I just ignore that. -RJ1-

I also am thinking about jumping in with a live account (InterbankFX) with a 1K start using micro lots (0.01) to start.

Whats the version you are using?

Is there a 'good' compiled version of this EA that I should grab ?

10 point 3 w/ dynamic stops

TakeProfit=16

Lots=1.0

InitialStop=2

TrailingStop=15

MaxTrades=5

Pips=5

SecureProfit=10

AccountProtection=1

OrderstoProtect=3

ReverseCondition=0

EURUSDPipValue=10

GBPUSDPipValue=10

USDCHFPipValue=10

USDJPYPipValue=9.715

StartYear=2006

StartMonth=1

EndYear=2006

EndMonth=12

EndHour=22

EndMinute=30

mm=0

risk=10

AccountisNormal=0

Magic=10201

i am using the above settings, but my db has a 1 lot min. position so i had to adjust mine accordingly, i have had to do the same with the trailing stop. after reading the original posts from the developer these settings i find might work out for me, but i am a little conservative. i would rather take a slower approach at first and see what it is going to do.

Reason: